AFashionSlave's album updates - I Used the MAXIglide flat iron

AFashionSlave

Hey folks!
My step sister bought this new MAXIglide flat iron and I decided to give it a try. I still am on my no oil routine but I broke the rules (I used a little coconut oil) just to try out this new flat iron. My hair is about 9”-12” long from root to tip and I got my entire head straight in about an hour.

The iron is great!

Here are the results:
Before:
backview-vi.jpg

After:
000_0016-vi.jpg

I also posted a few more pics in my album. The link & password is in my signature:

OMG!!!!! you are making me feel great about my newest purchase!!!! that looks SO GOOD!!!! i know if it works for you, it'll work for me!!!

ETA: what heat setting did you use?

Last edited:
Your hair looks great! All this talk about maxiglide if I wasn't on a strict saving plan I might have to check this out.

Your hair looks so incredibly lush and healthy! I just bought the maxiglide but I'm not going to try it until thursday since the weather's really crappy right now. Which setting did you use? (sorry if this has been answered already- i skimmed the post)

Your hair looks great! The Maxiglide did a great job straightening your hair! :up:

Question: what is the "No Oil Routine" and what are the benefits of doing this routine??? :confused:

DANNNGGGG!! If only the Maxiglide wasn't so dang expensive!

Wow Afashionslave! Your hair is marvelous! Isn't that the flat iron that I've seen advertised on tv? If so, I might have to break down and get one!

kristina said:
Your hair looks so incredibly lush and healthy! I just bought the maxiglide but I'm not going to try it until thursday since the weather's really crappy right now. Which setting did you use? (sorry if this has been answered already- i skimmed the post)

I used heat setting 8.

Poohbear said:
Your hair looks great! The Maxiglide did a great job straightening your hair! :up:

Question: what is the "No Oil Routine" and what are the benefits of doing this routine??? :confused:

My no oil routine is as follows:
Every week or two I wash my hair using a little Dr. Bronners unscented baby mild soap & I condition with an el cheapo conditioner. My favorite conditioners are Suave biobasics, Suave Humectant, and Daily Defense tender apple. I buy whatever is on sale. After rinsing I leave a little conditioner in my hair before detangling and styling....THAT'S IT! I know that it sounds an little out of the norm, but this routine works really well for me.

The benefits to a no oil routine are:
-Economical & simple
-Fewer skin breakouts.
-My hair and scalp feel clean all of the time.
-No more itchy scalp
-My hair feels lighter with no butters or oils. My fro actually has bounce now.
-My hair styles stay just as long as they did when I used oils and butters
-My hair never looks dull. When I used heavy butters and oils in the past my hair would start to look dull after a few days.

AFashionSlave said:
My no oil routine is as follows:
Every week or two I wash my hair using a little Dr. Bronners unscented baby mild soap & I condition with an el cheapo conditioner. My favorite conditioners are Suave biobasics, Suave Humectant, and Daily Defense tender apple. I buy whatever is on sale. After rinsing I leave a little conditioner in my hair before detangling and styling....THAT'S IT! I know that it sounds an little out of the norm, but this routine works really well for me.

The benefits to a no oil routine are:
-Economical & simple
-Fewer skin breakouts.
-My hair and scalp feel clean all of the time.
-No more itchy scalp
-My hair feels lighter with no butters or oils. My fro actually has bounce now.
-My hair styles stay just as long as they did when I used oils and butters
-My hair never looks dull. When I used heavy butters and oils in the past my hair would start to look dull after a few days.
It doesn't sound out of the norm to me. When I go completely natural, I plan on using just a few products too. That's interesting what you posted about the benefits of not using oils. This time around when I washed my hair yesterday, I didn't use any oils on my scalp or hair, (just NTM leave-in cream) and my hair feels much softer, moisturized, and isn't dull. My conditioner (LeKair) is mixed with oil (Hot 6), but my hair was still nice and soft. Great routine you have! :up:

Back