AFashionSlave's album updates - I Used the MAXIglide flat iron

Now AFS, why you wanna go and show those pics?!?! :) I have had insomnia lately and have watched the infomercial thoroughly. Did your sister get the anti-humectant products that came with it?

How long did it stay straight?

I noticed in the infomercial that the "natural-looking" heads did seem to have their hair at least "stretched" out, either by blowdrying first or some other way (even though they claim you dont need to do that). Did you have any problem with the little "teeth" snagging your hair?

When I do a plain "bantu knot-out" my hair comes out as if I had roller set it. Not real tight, some parts are even straight. So I was wondering if this would work to then straighten out a set like that, since I dont want to use a blow dryer.

Come to think of it, I think that is how Carefree gets her hair straight. She does twist overnight to stretch it, then flat irons it.

You are so corrupting me! :)

pookeylou said:
Now AFS, why you wanna go and show those pics?!?! :) I have had insomnia lately and have watched the infomercial thoroughly. Did your sister get the anti-humectant products that came with it?

How long did it stay straight?

I noticed in the infomercial that the "natural-looking" heads did seem to have their hair at least "stretched" out, either by blowdrying first or some other way (even though they claim you dont need to do that). Did you have any problem with the little "teeth" snagging your hair?

When I do a plain "bantu knot-out" my hair comes out as if I had roller set it. Not real tight, some parts are even straight. So I was wondering if this would work to then straighten out a set like that, since I dont want to use a blow dryer.

Come to think of it, I think that is how Carefree gets her hair straight. She does twist overnight to stretch it, then flat irons it.

You are so corrupting me! :)

Pookey, I would never corrupt you. :angeldevi

Here are the answers to your questions.
I have no idea if my step sister got the anti humectant products with it.

This is the second day that my hair has been straight so I'm not sure how long it's gonna stay straight.

My hair was blowdried first and the teeth did not snag my hair...but sometimes I would squeeze the plates together too hard.

I think that you could use the flat iron after you do your bantu knot out without any problem. The maxiglide slid right through my hair so the next time I use it I'm not going to blowdry first.

Great look AFS!!
Just a question...How does your hair feel? After heat my hair can feel & smell fried. What's the verdict on the maxiglide?

Belladonna said:
Great look AFS!!
Just a question...How does your hair feel? After heat my hair can feel & smell fried. What's the verdict on the maxiglide?

My hair looks, feels & smells just fine.

Your hair looks really good. I purchased a maxiglide and cannot wait to use it! It should be here by the end of the week.

I am so late to this thread! Gwaan AFashionSlave, your hair looks great straight or nappy :)

edited to add: and the avatar... wonderful thick hair *sigh*

Back