After doing my own braids...

Chakira

... Only three weeks ago, I need to take them out! My hair has grown out so much and the new growth is really thick and rather bushy, so the braids have to go. What is weird is that I've been doing my hair for years and usually leave them in for roughly 6 weeks then i get bored. And i usually use human hair. This time I used synthetic hair and you can see my own hair frizzing up outta the braid. Now i know it is because i'm moisturising my hair whereas in the past i wouldn't wash it like ever... (i know gross!)
blush.gif

I'm just wondering how any of the natural ladies care for their braids without getting the frizzies.

thanks in advance!

I'd like to attatch this question, for anyone that answers: at about what length should you put braids in? I'm not a fan of braids, but my twa is reeeely growing out, and I'm worried about the increasing naps!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Chakira said:
... Only three weeks ago, I need to take them out! My hair has grown out so much and the new growth is really thick and rather bushy, so the braids have to go. What is weird is that I've been doing my hair for years and usually leave them in for roughly 6 weeks then i get bored. And i usually use human hair. This time I used synthetic hair and you can see my own hair frizzing up outta the braid. Now i know it is because i'm moisturising my hair whereas in the past i wouldn't wash it like ever... (i know gross!) &lt;img src="http://64.62.140.213/~longhair/images/graemlins/blush.gif" alt="" /&gt;

I'm just wondering how any of the natural ladies care for their braids without getting the frizzies.

thanks in advance!

[/ QUOTE ]

What products were you using to moisturize your braided hair?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Honey Vibe said:
but my twa is reeeely growing out, and I'm worried about the increasing naps!

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif
Is this as bad as it sounds??!
laugh.gif
What is that?

after I wash my hair I moisturize it with a mixture of ORS + oil and then I tie my braids down with a silk scarf. When my hair dries everything is lying down nicely. When I forget to tie my hair down it's a different story.

Back