When I took out my braids.....

fancypants007

My hair seemed to have filled in. Sometimes I wear a high ponytail and the right side seems to be shorter than the left. Well I noticed it seemed to be the same length on both sides. Also, the right side had thin ends when I would plait my hair, and they too seemed to have filled in. I do my own braids, and I do them every month and I've decided to wear braids until July 08. I will be trimming my hair the end of this month (about 1" or 2") because it's been awhile since I have trimmed my hair. One thing about doing your own braids, is you know the hair areas that are weak and strong. I do take care of my hair while in braids, and I will be following someone else's regime (can't remember her name) who deep conditions every 2 weeks by sitting under a hair steamer. I usually allowed the braid spray to deep condition my hair, well I'm going to follow her regime and see what I get. Thanks whoever you are for the regime. Hopefully, my hair will be where i want it to be in july.

remnant

I'm glad that you find something which works for you, I'm gonna try the deep condition part too during my personal hide hair til spring 2008!
IMHO you are not obliged to trim your hair if you ends are in good condition!