After stretching is a relaxer necessary to reveal length or Dominican blowout?

kgard7777

To all the stretchers do you feel the need to relax if you get Dominican blowouts? Or do you notice more length after a relaxer? Please explain

I get a touch-up every 4mos but i do see more length once i get my touch-up rather than a blowout. A blowout with my hair only last 3-5 days and thats enough time for me to see how much growth i have. When i get a touch-up i usually have about 1 1/2 more length. HTH

Last edited:
I was wondering the same thing myself. This is my first time stretching and I just reached the 20 week mark this past Saturday. Part of me wants to relax and the other part feels guilty, like I'm doing an injustice to my hair. This is so weird, since I have never stretched before. It's so addicting.

It depends. For some people, they can flat iron or blow dry their hair straight enough to reveal length. And others, such as myself, I have to actually relax it, cause my new growth is really resistant.

Hey Soun, I am on week 21, when are you planning on relaxing. I will on the 24th mark to make a nice complete 6 months.

Hey Soun, I am on week 21, when are you planning on relaxing. I will on the 24th mark to make a nice complete 6 months.

I am trying to make it til Christmas, however my new growth is out of control. Actually, I'm sitting here with a relaxer in front of me, debating whether or not I can hang on any longer.:drunk:

Back