What is a Blow-out???

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Hello everyone
wave.gif

Ive seen a lot of post where you guys have had Dominican blowouts...what is it and what do the beauticians do to achieve a blowout? Can any beautician do it besides Dominicans? What does it look like? What do blowouts do for your hair?

Please clear this up for me...especially those with pics...Im interested in maybe getting a blowout
smile.gif

i'm pretty sure it's when they use heat from a blow dryer to blow your hair and roots straight. then they wrap it which is called a doobie. and the results are straight, shiny, bouncy BEAUTIFUL hair.

A blow out essentially is having your hair rollerset then blown straight with a high temperature hand-held blow dryer and a round brush...I have had it down by a caucasian hair stylist and the effects are flowing, free moving hair that is straight w/body......Dominicans are cheaper($10-30) @ doing this then most salons($50 up at Caucasian salon) but a Caucasian hair salon has the proper tools and are very familar w/the procedure..also caucasian salons may or may not rollerset ur hair (the stylist didn't, she just use the brush to curl my ends a little)..at the dominican salon they did rollerset it, dried my hair a little under the dryer and blew the roots straight...

Hey...I think Ive had one done before about 4 years ago at Fantastic Sams (which is a mostly Caucasian salon but a black stylist did my hair)!

great ? poohbear...may I ask if you liked the blow out that you got at Fantastic sams? I would love to get something different done to my hair and this sound so promising.

TIA

What is the technical term for a blowout? I have asked salons of they do blowouts and they dont know what Im talking about!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
What is the technical term for a blowout? I have asked salons of they do blowouts and they dont know what Im talking about!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

...Rollerset and blowdrying? I like the way my hair turns out but the blow dryer is so HOT
mad.gif
on my scalp.

Im afraid it's gonna look at mess after rollersetting then blowdrying it out...how can I keep it looking nice after blowdrying a rollerset???

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
Im afraid it's gonna look at mess after rollersetting then blowdrying it out...how can I keep it looking nice after blowdrying a rollerset???

[/ QUOTE ]

Since my hair is always straight after a blowout, I usually just wrap it at night.

Chichi
bdance.gif

Back