After You Reach Your Hair Goals -- Which Styles?

Isis

After you reach your hair goals, what kind of hair styles will you wear? Or, will you continue wearing the styles you have now?

When I reach my hair goal, I think I may wear my hair down in curls or in loose, wavy styles (versus straight) part of the time and in cute updos part of the time. And I'll keep my hair in a bun when I'm home. I'm putting together a file now of the hairstyles I like the most so I can try them in the future.
Whatever I do, I plan to continue to keep my haircare regime going, improving on it when necessary.

Allandra

Re: After You Reach Your Hair Goals -- Which Styles?

I'm basically still wearing the same styles as before I reached my goal.

I have always admired a full, healthy bun. So I will probably sport that look for a while and put some chopsticks in it or somethin'. (I currently wear a phony bun). But you know, I'm goin' to have to show off that length first. Let it swing for a couple of weeks. Then tuck it back in and keep on goin' . . .

--perfect peace

diva4life

I have almost reached brastrap, which was my first goal and I should be there by Christmas! Then I will probably alternate wearint it down and in a bun. I do want to get more interesting ideas for buns though and they can be rough on my edges, even though I try not to pull too tightly. I don't see my routine changing much. I shared my "length goals" with a stylist the other day and she looked at me with a very puzzled look on her face and asked me why I wanted my hair to grow so long, and I replied, because I can. End of Discussion.... NEXT!!!!

Nyambura

surfer girl

Diva4life, that was a good comeback!

When I reach my hair goals I will still wear protective styles most of the time. In the format of LHCF prior to the current one, there was a thread on long hair horror stories -cutting, burning, etc.- all committed by strangers (by adults to other adults)...on the bus, at concerts, parties.
Accordingly, I'll let my hair down for special occasions but keep it up otherwise.

AngieK

[ QUOTE ]
Nyambura said:
Diva4life, that was a good comeback!

When I reach my hair goals I will still wear protective styles most of the time. In the format of LHCF prior to the current one, there was a thread on long hair horror stories -cutting, burning, etc.- all committed by strangers (by adults to other adults)...on the bus, at concerts, parties.
Accordingly, I'll let my hair down for special occasions but keep it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="brown">OMG!
How EVIL!! I know that children can be mean, but ADULTS?! All I can do is sigh . . . and plan to keep my hair up.

AngieK </font>

inthepink

When I reach my waistlength goal, I don't think much will change as far as hairstyles since I'll still be transitioning.

Once I reach my length goal for my natural hair (which I haven't decided on yet), I can't wait to do a slicked back curly ponytail! I may even try some highlights once I'm sure my hair is completely healthy!

Isis

Yes, great comeback Diva4life! Sometimes it's good to keep such goals to ourselves or share them with likeminded people, like on this board, even though we should feel free to share them with our stylists!

I wouldn't want to live in fear of what someone might do to my hair if I wear it down, but I'm sure those things do happen.

adrienne0914

i was thinking that i'd wear my hair down more once i reach my goal. BUT after wearing it down for a few weeks, i think it will be very difficult to do AND maintain thick ends. the main thing that i didn't think would be as bad as it is is friction damage. while driving, my hair constantly rubs on the cloth seat. it gets caught in my headset at work (had to tape that puppy up).
i actually closed it in the car door once...
much of the time, when i wear it down, it ends up in a scrunchie to protect it from me. lol!

so as much as i love wearing it down, i probably won't be doing so that often.

northernbelle

Re: After You Reach Your Hair Goals -- Which Style

The same style: curled under with large rollers for body.

I will also continue to wear up-do's, such as twists and buns and ponytails.

northernbelle

Peachtree

Ok, let me see...My goal is bs length natural hair (that may change
) I'm gonna sport a:

1) Curly (high &amp; low) puff with the PHHB (panty hose head band). I absolutely luvvvv that style
(I'll pin the longer lengths to my crown)
2) 2 strand twists
3) Braids of all sorts (my hair of course)
4) Braid &amp; twist outs

5) OMG, the "shake &amp; go".... I luvvvv that one too

6) Cutesy roller &amp; spiral sets
7) Occasional straight hair... I'm not sure if I'll use a flat iron &amp; or ionic dryer
(I luv my no heat regime).
8) My lazy day bun

9) Whateva' I think of! I'll let my imagination take over

...basically many of the same styles that I sport now

Trinity1

I think I'll give myself a retouch alot less than I do now and let my new growth just come on in. In the meantime I will wear lots of braid outs and pony tails which look very nice on me. Once in a while I will do a blow out or straighten the roots to show off the true length. Right now I am about 2 inches from bra strap and my goal is to be about 1-2 inches PAST bra strap so I have about 3-4 inches to get to my final goal,that is less than a year,God willing. I am pretty excited about that.

Tee Tee

pooh123

Ironically I will probably continue to wear my hair up in a bun most of the time. I've gotten use to that look and I'm lazy when it comes to styling. For special occasions I may wear a curly roller set or a flatironed look.

Lucia

I'll keep wearing protective styles but I will alternate with wearing it down sometimes.

auntybe

I will probably wear:
1. a bigger curly 'fro
2. my hair pressed and loose
3. a curly/wavy bun

auntybe

I will probably wear:
1. a bigger curly 'fro
3. a curly/wavy bun

auntybe

I will probably wear:
1. a bigger curly 'fro
3. a curly/wavy bun

soslychic

IMy goal is lower back curly hair (waist length when straightened) I'm gonna keep my hair texturized and sport it curly most of the time (when it's not up) in a Jennifer Freeman kinda style. (I know you all are tired of hearing me meantion her name)
That' s kinda what it looks like now only to my shoulders.

jrw

My goal is below butt length. When I reach it I will wear it loose, ponytail and braid. I am not sure if I would wear it a bun often though.

Nanyanika

When I have accomplished my goal of below waist length hair, I will continue to wear cornrows, single plaits, twists and bantu knots with the exception of flat-ironing once in a while, to demonstrate its ultimate length.

LABETT

I will wear wrap styles- doobie etc
roller sets (spiral)

Islandgirl

curly styles! also i will have fun and get alot of interesting updo's. I can't wait to have bra-strap hair!

zanna

when I reach my goal, I will continue to wear my usual buns, and my occasional two braids, and my rare "letting my hair down" style!
Zanna

Dutchess

At this time, my hair is 22 inches long, by this time next year I hope to have 28 inches. That would put me at waist length. I will wear my hair loose most of the time to be a walking advertisement for other ladies. If anyone asked about my hair, I would gladly share with them the knowledge that I received and let them know that they too can grow their hair to waist length. So I would wear my hair loose just for that reason.

Dutchess

At this time, my hair is 22 inches long, by this time next year I hope to have 28 inches. That would put me at waist length. I will wear my hair loose most of the time to be a walking advertisement for other ladies. If anyone asked about my hair, I would gladly share with them the knowledge that I received and let them know that they too can grow their hair to waist length. So I would wear my hair loose just for that reason.

Isis

I like your plan Dutchess, wearing your hair loose, being "a walking advertisement for other ladies" and sharing your knowledge. I would like to do that too!

Dutchess

Isis, I didn't realized it posted twice, but I see a lot of girls with relaxers with LOTS of breakage and I just want to tell them what they can do, but it's not my place unless I'm asked, you know what I mean? So I hope to be in a position where they notice me, and approach me. Then I'll give them all the information that I've learned and tell them to educate themselves. That the key!

Boadicea

I would probably wear it loose once in awhile but most of the time in long hair protective styls that give me a chance to have my hair down but without the ends being out like the Chinese Fan hair style.

Isis

I understand totally what you mean Dutchess. I would also wait until someone asks me just how I got my hair to grow so long and beautiful!

Premierepearl08

[ QUOTE ]
diva4life said:
I have almost reached brastrap, which was my first goal and I should be there by Christmas! Then I will probably alternate wearint it down and in a bun. I do want to get more interesting ideas for buns though and they can be rough on my edges, even though I try not to pull too tightly. I don't see my routine changing much. I shared my "length goals" with a stylist the other day and she looked at me with a very puzzled look on her face and asked me why I wanted my hair to grow so long, and I replied, because I can. End of Discussion.... NEXT!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That'll learn her!!