Alaffia Everyday Shea Conditioner

EllePixie

Has anyone tried this? I found a 32oz bottle for $10 in Whole Foods last night, so I had to indulge. However, I'm not sure if it's slippery enough to cowash with...I added some jojoba oil and honey to it. Here are the ingreds:

Aqueous Shea Leaf (Butyrospermum parkii) Extract, Handcrafted Shea (Butyrospermum parkii) Butter*, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Emulsifying Wax, Palm Stearic Acid, Vanilla Extract, Spearmint Essential Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid.

JerriBlank

I tried this a while ago. I believe that I was still relaxed. Anyhoo,at the time it sucked for me. It left my hair feeling kind of hard. I didn't know at the time that my hair hates emulsifying wax though:perplexed.

Chromia

I have used Alaffia conditioner, but not that one. I used the Alaffia Coconut & Shea Daily Hydrating condtioner as a leave-in. It's good. Not outstanding but not bad either. I haven't used it for a cowash though.

Alta Angel

Didn't work for me. Hair felt dry even after steaming. I used it on my girls from that point further and added oils for more benefit.

bronzephoenix

Has anyone tried this? I found a 32oz bottle for $10 in Whole Foods last night, so I had to indulge. However, I'm not sure if it's slippery enough to cowash with...

I used to cowash with this religiously. Went through like 3 bottles. I think I like the passion fruit better than the vanilla mint but they're both nice. Love that they're silicone free and mostly natural. The key for me was coating SUPER generously and allowing the conditioner to sit while I completed the rest of my shower. It softens the hair over time. It also doubled as a leave in for me (I don't wash my conditioner out). The emulsifying wax can cause a bit of build up that you'll want to clarify eventually.

I won't repurchase since I've revisited Trader Joes tea tree tingle and its been HG for me.