FYI - Shea Moisture Line at Target.

leigh.hill

Alright, I broke down and bought the conditioner and used it today. Too early for a "formal review", but I like it alot, especially for $9.99!!!

*SkolarStar*

I saw the line and then came here to see if there were any reviews, because I know my LHCF ladies would be on it. I got the Organic Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque. I will be trying it this weekend.

I just bought this product last week and LOVE it! Will def be deep conditioning with it again today. Wen I first opened it I was afraid that it wouldn't be as good because it's thick but not thick. But I completely underestimated it's potential and this gave my transitioning strands a run for more money to buy some more! :grin: (And it smells :lick:)

cinnespice

Hello is me your looking for?
This looks like something i might want to try when my ors shea butter runs out. If i cant find it at target I will look into the bss and see if they have it.

c0urtkneee

i bought some of the conditioner today. it says it can be used as a leave-in or regular conditioner. any of you ladies tried it as a leave-in?

chebaby

today i purchased the hair styling milk in the pink bottle. i want the smoothie in the pink jar but i cant find it at all.

i wanted the elixer spray but it smells like rubbing alcohol(sp?) and i just couldnt deal with that.

Britt

Come one now, were they at least testers?

No they were not, I only poured a little bit on my finger tip, I don't need much to at least have an idea whether or not I'll like the product. It's not like I poured a puddle in my hand and slathered my hair. I only took a dab of both product. One of which is in a bottle to pour and the other in a jar like puddy.

ebaby

mine worked wonderful.....my hair is super duper soft! I am around 12 weeks post and my hair was beautiful.

Solitude

To the ladies saying they can't find it - try the largest target in your area, preferrably one that has a grocery store in it. They also sell the products online at target.com - and you can buy from target on amazon.com.

I use the entire line - for face, body, and hair. I do not like the deep cleansing shampoo. It's extremely drying. My favorite product from the whole line is the shea moisture retention shampoo (but it's not as detangling and hydrating as sulfate-free KeraCare). The reconstructive deep treatment is not that moisturizing - won't be a staple for me. The elixers are the bomb-diggity.

I haven't had a breakout since I started using the face line (I also do at home chemical peels with 20% salicylic acid). The moisturizer is absolutely wonderful. It's thick, but not heavy and doesn't clog the pores. I also use the black soap for my back and it is clearing up nicely. I don't even need lotion after using the body washes. However, I use the shea moisture and coconut hibiscus body lotion. My boyfriend loves the smell of the coconut and hibiscus.

I have the entire reconstructive line, the entire balancing line, and several of the soaps and shea butter. I bought the curl smoothie for my niece who is natural and it works well for her hair. The lotions are super-thick and smell wonderful.

I have extremely sensitive, acne-prone skin and I started using the products because I was breaking out on my face and back from my hair stuff. I was planning to do a full review of the line after using it for a few more months. I now use Shea Moisture and KeraCare exclusively.

biancaelyse

I found that the Target in the "blacker" neighborhood sold all three lines (Jessie, Shea and Jane - BTW like chellero said Jane ain't even cheap at Target!!!). I went to another Target a few miles awhile and I saw none of the lines.

I think this is true where I live too because the one near me doesn't carry many ethnic products at all. I guess I need to drive a bit further :(

Diva_Esq

Thanks so much for the ingredient list!!
I have been dying to try this product line since I read this thread http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=459540&highlight=shea

That was my thread & now I have to try the rest! :)

the soap makes me feel delicious. the lotion is great for the winter as well. i may pick up the shea butter hair oil

I saw the line and then came here to see if there were any reviews, because I know my LHCF ladies would be on it. I got the Organic Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque. I will be trying it this weekend.

I love this for sealing moisturized hair.

This is a great second day curl refresher/leave in conditioner.

This is my favorite product so far. I usually use the original Shea Moisture Leave in under KCC. This is like both of the products combined.

I love this mask too.

I've only tried it as a DC but it says that it can be used as a leave in as well.

Has anyone tried the products with the green label (thickening/volumizing)? I keep looking at the leave in and conditioner. Not that I need to buy anything else. :look:

I just bought this product last week and LOVE it! Will def be deep conditioning with it again today. Wen I first opened it I was afraid that it wouldn't be as good because it's thick but not thick. But I completely underestimated it's potential and this gave my transitioning strands a run for more money to buy some more! :grin: (And it smells :lick:)

THAT'S IT! I'M BUYING IT ALL! :wallbash::wallbash::lachen::lachen::lachen: I was trying not to but it's calling me! *scratches neck* I'm such a PJ! I started that RAVE thread on the curling cream....here we go! My new addiction! :)

chebaby

i dont like the shea moisture coconut and hibiscus milk. my hair has a ton of frizz and feels dry. i plan on selling it.

Shaley

i dont like the shea moisture coconut and hibiscus milk. my hair has a ton of frizz and feels dry. i plan on selling it.

I tried the coconut & hibiscus milk also & curl smoothie and they both made my hair frizzy and dry looking. Maybe I need to try them again with a moisturizer or oil....

lexiwiththecurls

I just purchased the shea moisture coconut and hibiscus milk and am excited to try it.

For those of you all that are driving from Target to Target, to save gas, each site (sheamoisture, jane carter, and miss Jessies websites) has the specific Target locations they are at. They are not in every state nor are they in every urban area. Its in about 260 stores I believe. THey do sell the products online but only in specific stores and I doubt even Target's website will share that...however, I have seen that alot of the Targets are running out quickly.

Blckbeautie

They didn't have the miss jessie's in my local Target. I live in Chicago, but they did have Mizani, Shea Moisture, Jason and Giovanni, which I was surprised to see!

Janet'

Alright...

I'm gonna pick up the Shea Moisture today...the PJ in me has gotten the best of me!

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
They didn't have the miss jessie's in my local Target. I live in Chicago, but they did have Mizani, Shea Moisture, Jason and Giovanni, which I was surprised to see!

I got my products from the Target in the Marshfield Plaza. I also heard they carry them in the one on 87th and Cottage Grove.

DSTCrimsonBeauty

I recently purchased their Deep Treatment Masque and love it! I use it on my two strand twists to give my twists length in the morning. I love the smell and it did wonders this weekend for my twist out! It really helped to define the twist out curls and the curls are more neatly intact than when i use my usual shea butter/virgin coconut mixture. I would defintely say its a keeper for my twist outs. It provides moisture and hold without a lot of frizzing!! :grin:

MizzBrown

I got 2 sprays.

The African Black Soap Dandruff/Dry Scalp Elixer and the Raw Shea Butter Reconstructive Elixer Spray.

So far so good. The shine you get with the Shea Butter spray is great. Surprised me actually. Sprays would be great for braided styles to soothe my scalp and give a quick shine rather than using oil sheen.