AlfaParf products and Aloetrix Yellow

Dasha

Hi All,

I went to the Dominican Salon and I think they used Alfaparf products on my hair which is an Italian company. Whatever they used my hair came out great. Has anyone used these products or the Aloetrix Yellow and if so what were your results. these products can be seen at www.metrobeauty.com

Tracy

I used the semi di lino serum and conditioner for quite a while.

I really liked them. They can be a little hard to find unless your salon has them. I've never seen them in a BS - and that's unheard of in NY.

The Yellow products are big and Dominican salons as well. I've had their carrot treatment and something else. Both were fine. I liked Alfa Parf's line much better.

Allandra

Dasha,

This line sounds interesting. I checked out the line at Metro Beauty. They have a lot of stuff.

Dasha

I know it sounds really interesting(especially to a product junkie like myself). I couldnt get much info from the Dominican ladies so I decided to do a search online but I couldnt get much information in English. I would like to try these products definetly.

butterscotch

I used Alfaparf Rigen and I loved the results - shiny bouncy hair.

I just went to the salon on Saturday and saw that Alfaparf has serums as well. After all of the great reviews about serums, I think I will start using the Semi Di Lino...

Britt

[ QUOTE ]
I used the semi di lino serum and conditioner for quite a while.

I really liked them. They can be a little hard to find unless your salon has them. I've never seen them in a BS - and that's unheard of in NY.

The Yellow products are big and Dominican salons as well. I've had their carrot treatment and something else. Both were fine. I liked Alfa Parf's line much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tracy, the beauty supply store Just For me downtown bklyn has thier products.

butterscotch

Britt,

You are so right...Just For Me has just about everything, and now that I'm thinking of using Alfaparf, I will go there for the serum.

lunalight7

Dasha,
what is your hair type and length? Just wondering because I am a 4A, color treated, and short (mid-neck?). Thanx!

Tracy

Do they really Britt! Well that wonderful! I always thought they should make these prodcuts mroe readily available! They are really good....

Butterscotch - that serum is yummy. Veeerrrry light. Wonderful shine. Nice smell - a little perfumey - but nice.

lunalight7

Tracy - - which serum? I saw many on the metrobeauty website.

Also, I wish they posted ingredients...does Alfa Parf have their own site?

Tracy

The Semi di Lino
I dunno about the site...never looked for one. But the products are italian - not sure if the ingedients would be in English. I can assure you tho - the serums are cones, cones and more cones.

lunalight7

I just visited Alfaparf.com. The ingredients are not listed - - probably proprietary. Thanx Tracy. LOTS of the poducts look good, even the body care line...

Dasha

My hair type is 3c and some 4a parts. My hair is also partially color treated and is relaxed. My hair length is just above my shoulders and slightly layered. I will start getting frequent cuts to get rid of my color treated ends.

Dasha

I used the Real Cream Ph4 by Alfa parf today and my hair came out so shiny and felt sooo moisturized, and smooth and soft and had so much bounce. This is a great conditioner to use after a relaxer because of the low ph and moisturizing and protein benefits. It seems to be a cream protein conditioner. Check out these ingredients:
Water, myristyl alcohol, cetrimonium chloride, hydrolized collagen, propyleneglycol, citric acid, parfum, sodium dehydroacetate, royal jelly, polyquartenium-7, simethicone, sodium methylparaben, sorbic acid,tetrasodium edta. I know Royal Jelly is what the worker bees make to feed the queen bee and its supposed to benneficial for the body, I dont know about hair. This conditioner doesnt give "slip" but it does detangle enough that the hair doesnt get tangled when you comb. I used Diez y uno rinse with it for extra slip since I like to comb my hair while its wet and sebastian potion 9 with IC hair polisher on my color treated ends. This is the best my hair has looked in a while. I have been using humectress but noticed my forehead was breaking out and my hair with every wash seemed to feel harder and look dull. I have been trying to find a new regimne. I found Alfaparf at my beauty supply but the shine serums seemed really expensive so I decided to stick with my Hair polisher but when I went to the salon they used the shiny spray that looks like perfume and it smells really good and my hair was light and beautiful. I would definetley use real cream again!!

Lindy

<font color="red"> JEEZ, you guys!!! </font>

My PJ tendencies are totally out of control right now!! I'm 2 seconds away from going to that website &amp; ordering all that AlfaParf stuff!!

Somebody stop me!!!!

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red"> JEEZ, you guys!!! </font>

My PJ tendencies are totally out of control right now!! I'm 2 seconds away from going to that website &amp; ordering all that AlfaParf stuff!!

Somebody stop me!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Ummm, if you do, please post a review on it.
It DOES sound good. Don't get me started.

so1913

I'm not going to the site, I'm not going to the site, I'm not going to the site....

GO TO SITE = PULL OUT VISA

I'm not going to the site........

(You all won't get me this time!)

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not going to the site, I'm not going to the site, I'm not going to the site....

GO TO SITE = PULL OUT VISA

I'm not going to the site........

(You all won't get me this time!)

[/ QUOTE ]

You know you want it.
Go on and get it (and don't forget to post a review on the board).

Tracy

Well I got some Real Cream...the big tub. Thank you for recommending the site!
I've never seen Alfa Parf sold online...the only place I was able to buy it was at a salon and the ones I began to frequent didn't carry it. I'm pretty sure that was the only reason I stopped using it!

lunalight7

I resurrected this thread because my stylist used the Aloetrix Yellow relaxer on my hair today. I really like the results (I am now officially shoulder length!!!). I will keep you updated on how my hair reacts in the future. Anyone else use Yellow products?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Hey!

My hairstylist just started talking about the Yellow line to me. She says it seems really good. I'm going to the site.

Tracy!

Can a sista get a ride to Just For Me

caralexis2005

tracy which conditioner and serum from alfaparf did you use?
I really want to try their semi di lino essential shine treatment with the essential oil kit for extremely dry fragile hair, the illuminating shine mask with karitex, the illuminating shine finish, and the soft and shine spray.
Perhaps the vials too.....
Dayum! someone help me before i die an old lady in a shoe full of hair products!
oh well...any comments on any of those products would be greatly appreciated.

alibi

hair bored
Okay ladies, I'm not an expert on many things, but ALFAPARF Semi de Lino line is one of my specialties, and I've been using it for over a year now. Also, metrobeauty is actually here in Miami, so I go to their store, and they have some of the best prices for it, and you can order online.. Anyways, sorry for mini-novel
, but here go the reviews:

(shuffle, shuffle...she literally walks to her bathroom, and returns with 8-10 bottles, damn near the whole line...)

SHAMPOO:
Semi de Lino shampoo
- is good, especially for clarifying and super shine. It doesn't moisturize that great, however, so I usually substitute with something more moisturizing. I'm not blown away by this product, but it worked well to release the build up the first few times I used it, which I think helps the conditioners to impart shine. I alternate back and forth, and since I'm a product junkie, yes I bought the 1000ml bottle...

CONDITIONER:
Semi di Lino Illuminating Shine Mask
- puts a nice shine on the hair, and leaves it soft, bouncy, and touchable. I have literally had people walk up and touch my hair w/ out permission, and ask what products I use. Combined w/ the shampoo, it really gives you a great shine.

TREATMENTS:
Semi di Lino Essential Shine Oil
- this is WHERE IT'S AT. For me, it gave my hair the ultimate brillant shine. There's something about the Linseed Oil that's in the whole Semi de Lino group that give hair shine without weighing it down! Now this is the one that you rinse out, but for more damaged hair, there also one that's more intense that you leave in. This is a great treatment, and I've found that it works best with any moisturizing shampoo rather than their illuminating shampoo.

Semi di Lino Essential Shine Treatment
- Eh, this was okay. but compared to the essential shine oil, I wasn't blown away. You buy the treatment, which comes in a 300ml tube, then you have to buy the package of essential shine oil extract to mix with it to make a foamy conditioner. I thought it was just as good as the regular illuminating shine mask, so needless to say I wasn't too impressed w/ this one for the price and the trouble of mixing.

SHINE STYLING PRODUCTS:
Cristalli Finishing Illuminating Shine Finish
- this is a great like spray to top off a look. It doesn't go on heavy or ever greasy like a lot of those sprays do, and it doesn't produce a lot of build up, so this is a staple for me, whether I'm doing AlfaParf products or not.

Cristalli Liquidi
- this is by far my absolute FAVORITE product that they make. I DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT, leave home without this, not matter how I'm wearing my hair. it's great for sets, wraps, twist outs, pony tails, buns, you name it. It goes on extremely light, with virtually not build up, and gives your hair a nice little shine, and calms down the fly aways and frizzies, which is always a problem in Miami.

Well, there's my AlfaParf rant. Sorry I wrote so much, but I bought almost all of the Semi de Lino line, so I just thought you ladies should know. In parting, I would say that I really do like the line, especially if your looking for high shine, body and movement w/out build up. They can be a bit pricey, but shine is really their thing, and these products deliver. I did find, however, that after 5-6 months, my 3c/4a permed hair was needing more moisture and conditioning than this line could give, b/c that's not as much of their focus, so I alternate with more moisturizing products as needed.

Oh, one more thing...I didn't get into the other AlfaParf lines as much, b/c I was looking for shine, body and movement, but I've been told that the Inixia line is more conditioning, but it's leaves the hair a lot heavier. And I've never tried the Lipoxin line.

Anyways, hope this helps anyone who's just curious or in the throws a major product junkie decision! Feel free to reply or e-mail me with additional questions.