All of my Single and Saved Sista's....

yodie

I must admit that I've sometimes looked on being single as a punishment or I just haven't gotten it right...yet. It's not!! I listened to Ron Carpenter this morning and kinda took a moment to focus on the great things about being single. I'm believing God for my husband, but today I just started listing some great things that I don't necessarily have to focus too much on/can focus on in my singleness.

This thread isn't about being selfish and focusing on me, me, me during this period in my life. It's just about looking at the other side of being single while we wait for our men of God.

List some of the great things about being single. Here are mine:

1. Can cook whenever I want.
2. Sleep as late as I want in the mornings.
3. Don't have to clean the refrigerator as often.
4. Can spend my $ on whatever I want.
5. Can own as many shoes as I want.
6. Can wear a scarf or doorag to bed.
7. Can wear my comfy undies with no comments.
8. I can put smelly stuff in my hair.
9. Can keep my grocery bill at a minimum.
10. Easier to diet.
11. Invest more $ (definitely about to do this)
12. Finish school or go back.
13. Pick up a piece of rental property.
14. Pay down debt.

Chime in ladies.
Married ladies, think back and add some of your favorites here too.

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

I must admit that I've sometimes looked on being single as a punishment or I just haven't gotten it right...yet. It's not!! I listened to Ron Carpenter this morning and kinda took a moment to focus on the great things about being single. I'm believing God for my husband, but today I just started listing some great things that I don't necessarily have to focus too much on/can focus on in my singleness.

This thread isn't about being selfish and focusing on me, me, me during this period in my life. It's just about looking at the other side of being single while we wait for our men of God.

10. Easier to diet.
14. Pay down debt.

Chime in ladies.

But if marriage is supposed to be the negative flip side of that list, why on earth would you want to get married someday? :lachen: I'm kidding....well, kinda:look:

yodie

I never said that marriage is supposed to be the negative flip side of this. Where does it say that in my thread?

I hate that you got the wrong impression, but its sort of an effort to take the focus off of just waiting for "him" to arrive and turn it into, "...well, these are some things that I can enjoy while...."

Last edited:

Renovating

I never said that marriage is supposed to be the negative flip side of this. Where does it say that in my thread?

I hate that you got the wrong impression, but its sort of an effort to take the focus off of just waiting for "him" to arrive and turn it into, "...well, these are some things that I can enjoy while...."

Thanks Yodie. I get it. These are things that go into the I-don't-have-a-hubby-right-now (category:grin:) but I can,

-wear my all over my head at home when I feel lazy/tired

-wear bentonite masks or any mask to bed

- have eliminations w/o worrying about offending anyone with the aroma LOL.:lachen::lachen::blush::lachen:

yodie

Thanks Yodie. I get it. These are things that go into the I-don't-have-a-hubby-right-now (category:grin:) but I can,

-wear my all over my head at home when I feel lazy/tired

-wear bentonite masks or any mask to bed

- have eliminations w/o worrying about offending anyone with the aroma LOL.:lachen::lachen::blush::lachen:

Thank you for getting me. I really appreciate that. lol!!
The bolded is a great one!!

Livingmylifetothefullest

10. Easier to diet.
14. Pay down debt.

Chime in ladies.

Everything you have listed applies to me :yep:; I know I will miss the single days if I ever marry but I'm going to enjoy it while it last.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member

10. Easier to diet.
14. Pay down debt.

Chime in ladies.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: @ number 7.... 'get away with wearing cotton grannies'.

Cute thread....

What's funnier is that 'husbands' keep doing what guys do. They never change their list... :lol: We love them anyway, smelly socks and all.

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

1. Can cook whenever I want. -I do this now as a married woman:grin:
2. Sleep as late as I want in the mornings. -I love sleeping late:grin:
3. Don't have to clean the refrigerator as often. -:lachen:
4. Can spend my $ on whatever I want. - do this too:grin:
5. Can own as many shoes as I want. -and this too:grin:
6. Can wear a scarf or doorag to bed. - do this every night:grin:
7. Can wear my comfy undies with no comments. - and this too:grin:
8. I can put smelly stuff in my hair. - well I do this and he doesn't complain:grin:
9. Can keep my grocery bill at a minimum. - do this too:grin:
10. Easier to diet. -and this:grin:
12. Finish school or go back.-I can do this too:grin:
13. Pick up a piece of rental property.-I picked our home
14. Pay down debt.-don't have this

Chime in ladies.
I know I'm not single, but as a married Christian woman....there isn't anything that should change too much. Being married isn't a burden....it's a blessing!

Ok, I'm out now...carry on, single ladies.

Prudent1

:lachen:Funny thread! I agreee with everything OP has said and would like to add:

1.When SO and I disagree on something if I don't feel like dealing with it I can just go home.:rolleyes:
2. If I don't feel like talking to him I can just look at the caller ID and not answer. :blush:
3. I don't have to be accountable to a husband right now. I have too many friends hiding clothes and shoes in the trunk of the car.:yep:

Ooh, y'all pray for me hear? That stuff doesn't happen often but ahh- rah I think I might have a little selfishness to grow out of. :look:

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Oy vey...it was a little humor. When you look at it, it kinda seems true...marriage is all the stuff you can no longer do. Like I said...just kidding. Believe me, I got it the first time around. I've been married lol!

Nice & Wavy

Oy vey...it was a little humor. When you look at it, it kinda seems true...marriage is all the stuff you can no longer do. Like I said...just kidding. Believe me, I got it the first time around. I've been married lol!
What kind of people are/were some of you ladies married to???:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I guess I'm super, duper blessed:yep::grin:

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

What kind of people are/were some of you ladies married to???:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I guess I'm super, duper blessed:yep::grin:

I don't think that word is allowable in the christian forum :giggle: . To the bolded, well, so am I!! Just via suffering united to that cross....oy! You see, I'm one of His invites as suffering servant, into daily, unending, grueling:

adversity, affliction, anguish, difficulty, discomfort, distress, dolor, hardship, martyrdom, misery, misfortune, ordeal, passion, torment, torture

In the end, I will see all and exactly how it helped others..maybe even me. Maybe kinda like this, tho...cuz eternal rest will have a totally deep meaning for me by then lolol

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

I don't think that word is allowable in the christian forum :giggle: . To the bolded, well, so am I!! Just via suffering united to that cross....oy! You see, I'm one of His invites as suffering servant, into daily, unending, grueling:

adversity, affliction, anguish, difficulty, discomfort, distress, dolor, hardship, martyrdom, misery, misfortune, ordeal, passion, torment, torture

In the end, I will see all and exactly how it helped others..maybe even me. Maybe kinda like this, tho...cuz eternal rest will have a totally deep meaning for mr by then lolol

Huh?:drunk:

GV wasn't puttin ur thread down in the beginning...
I love this one...
Let's see
SO is a primadonna so I'm so happy I don't have to rush him everywhere cuz I know when we get married that's coming lol. He is always getting dressed... And the outfit is always a black tee and jeans lol

I eat my rare tuna whenever... He hates looking at my exotic food lol

I don't have to worry about making sure he has his chicken fingers lol

That's really it for me everything else he will have to deal with lol

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

LOLOL!:lachen: I have been blessed by way of the blood...for sure!!! My future husband will probably be a robot. I can turn him on when I need him and off when he starts talking :lachen: This is so crazy...I'm sure you and errbody are like...wth? LOL.

I agree, enjoy singlehood whilst it be a current condition. Gurl, my husband...lawd...this became my theme song ahahahah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt1fBjCm49g

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

LOLOL!:lachen: I have been blessed by way of the blood...for sure!!! My future husband will probably be a robot. I can turn him on when I need him and off when he starts talking :lachen: This is so crazy...I'm sure you and errbody are like...wth? LOL.

I agree, enjoy singlehood whilst it be a current condition. Gurl, my husband...lawd...this became my theme song ahahahah

Ok....:look::lachen:

Regarding the bolded, I was single before and I prefer being married...alot more fun!

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Ok....:look::lachen:

Regarding the bolded, I was single before and I prefer being married...alot more fun!

Can you clone your man for me? I'll give him another name and location :drunk:

But seriously, to the OP's post. She's right, enjoy where you are right now. I came to the point that I was getting my own spiritual and mental side together...but she put it pragmatically....comfortable undies (the big grannies) when you feel like it. I wonder how folks do it a second time around the altar...do they wait for the comfort zone a few months down the line or let it all hang out first night? LOL.

Last edited:

PaleoChick

Singleness for me is a season, not a condition. My mind is just on things Above and not Below. I am working to save money, pay down debt, lose weight, grow more hair, etc... When the time is right (although I do have a boyfriend at present), I will be married. If the season is meant to change, it will change. I am so over the dating scene. I did it my way for years and here I stood: alone. So, now I am doing it the Lord's way. He leads, I follow. If I bump into my husband along the way, great. If not, that is OK too. But, I love doing #7. "Cute, sexy" panties hurt...

BrooklynSouth

Best thing about being single is the ability to focus on myself. I see my singlehood as a time for reflection and self improvement.

Prudent1

:lachen::lachen::lachen:
I haven't heard that song in years!! Let this be a lesson to all of those who have not been married before to do things God's way regarding relationships!! LOL!! GV that was my marital theme song too!! God is so good. I'll never go back to that again. :wallbash: I'm so happy now-a-days.:grin:

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

:lachen::lachen::lachen:
I haven't heard that song in years!! Let this be a lesson to all of those who have not been married before to do things God's way regarding relationships!! LOL!! GV that was my marital theme song too!! God is so good. I'll never go back to that again. :wallbash: I'm so happy now-a-days.:grin:

Art thou married again, yet happilyeth? I do request thine intercessory prayers for a man who doth not fittesth the aforementioned description :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: