allandra: Smooth & Sleek

pebbles

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Pebbles I'm shocked that you're just now discovering Smooth &amp; Sleek. I would have guessed that you of all people, would have a stash of that in your closet.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!
Girl, I had so much stuff I was trying to use up. I wasn't going to buy it yet, but I couldn't hold off any longer. I'm so glad I got it!! I was a good girl for not buying it sooner, wasn't I?

myco

Actually the first time I used it, I felt the same way. But over this past weekend I did a neutral hennalucent treatment and I tried the Smooth and Sleek again for a CO wash last night. It was like a totally different product. For some reason, this stuff was amazing. I don't know if it was because of the Hennalucent or because I skipped the shampoo, but it worked and I'm happy. There were no tangles, I hardly lost any hair, and my hair felt great in and out of the shower.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I use Pantene DMR for conditioner washes sometimes. Maybe I ought to try the S&amp;S...

I know the ingredients of the DMR and Relaxed &amp; Natural are similar, but they do work differently on my hair. Despite the coconut and jojoba oil in the R&amp;N, the DMR feels more moisturizing and slippery!

beana3

i think both the S&amp;s and DMR have the Same EXACT ingredients. I haven't tried the R&amp;N version, and i dont plan to b/c they charge about 40 cents more for it out here and it does not come in economy size.

Honi

There is no board.
smooches to Allandra! Friday I went to Costco and bought the Pantene S&amp;S (1 litre). Sunday i was tired and I had jury duty Monday so I didn't wash and rollerset. What a mistake that was. My hair was a mess and I'm 5 months post touchup so you know I was lookin quite wolfy like. Anywho, I jumped in the shower and did a condition wash with this stuff and let me tell you sumfin. My hair was so damn soft I couldn't believe it. I kept pickin up the bottle to read the ingredients! I put my head under there and detangled with my wide toothed comb...no hair came out!
I then applied a second time for good measure. Same thing. Jumped out, put a towel around my head and got dressed. I had to air dry my mustafa doo so I applied some leave in and some oil and combed it out. It dried poofy but it was sooooo soft! When I got home I redid it and rollerset it and it was soft like cotton!

Thanks Allandra for such a wonderful product suggestion. I'm hooked

Allandra

Girl, I am so glad you like it. It's nice to be able to purchase a good conditioner like this from a local store. I love it!

gvsugirl

I tried it and was loving it for a period of time...say a couple of weeks. then all of a sudden when i'd apply it, my hair would feel more brittle so i'd slather some more on...even more brittle. so i'd always end up having to applying creme of nature again. anyone have this kind of problem? Things always work for me in the beginning then it just goes downhill. boy my hair is picky!!

Allandra

gvsugirl said:
I tried it and was loving it for a period of time...say a couple of weeks. then all of a sudden when i'd apply it, my hair would feel more brittle so i'd slather some more on...even more brittle. so i'd always end up having to applying creme of nature again. anyone have this kind of problem? Things always work for me in the beginning then it just goes downhill. boy my hair is picky!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you have product build-up? Maybe a good clarifying shampoo is in order.

sweetcocoa

Allandra said:
gvsugirl said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to say the same thing....
especially if you use Creme of Nature Shampoo since it is moisturizing. Sounds like you need to do some clarifying...

I tried the Smooth and Sleek for a conditioner wash and didn't like it at all and I REALLY wanted to. On rinsing out my hair was detangled but not like what Elucence does. Also, my hair just didn't look as detangled when I looked at it wet. It looked a bit tangly. On air-drying, my hair dried looking a bit fuzzy and dried out
This is very suprising considering that my hair normally loves cones and smoothing products (take l'oreal unfrizz for example, one of my faves). I even tried the Pantene DMR a few months ago too and that too left my hair dried out after I did a rollarset.

I've given both away now. I know I def. don't agree with these. Very odd. Another case of what suits one, doesn't another.

dstdiva

i bought this a few days ago and it rocks!!! (can you tell i've been hanging with the white people at work?
). i even used a very little as a leave-in and then rodded my hair. i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!

Compassion

I purchased the Smooth and Sleek yesterday. It's nice. Smells good too. It will be a good alternate for me, if my Keracare Humecto is not readily available. I like the Keracare better I think because it cuts down on static in the hair. But thanks for recommending it!

Blessings,
Compassion

Cleopatra_Jones

I was at Wal-Mart around 11:00pm, buying some S&amp;S. I tried not to do it, but the raves were so wonderful. I did a no poo with it and my hair is so soft and not as puffy. I plan on using it for my daily wash. thanks everyone for the headz up!!!!!!

adrienne0914

sweetcocoa said:
Allandra said:
gvsugirl said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to say the same thing....
especially if you use Creme of Nature Shampoo since it is moisturizing. Sounds like you need to do some clarifying...

[/ QUOTE ]

i concur!! the S&amp;S did not work for me until i started clarifying my hair on the regular.

atate said:
How do you do the "braid out" method on your hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

After conditioner washing, I put s-curl activator in it and then do the braids. Usually just 2 or 3. I let that air dry and just un do them after when the hair is completely dry. Sometimes I put a little EVOO in the hair too.