Aloe Vera Juice & Glycerine: Drying to hair?

cocoagirl

So I know that glycerine supposedly can dry hair out if used in dry climates. So for someone like me that lives in Chicago where its hot/dry in the summer and dry in the winter due to heaters, is Glycerine a no no for me? Also I know that Aloe can be drying too..under what conditions is Aloe drying?

I am in desperate need of a daily moisturizer and an everyday moisture spritz, but all the products that I have come across (kbb, darcy's, brendita) either have aloe or glycerine in them so I am not sure what to buy...:ohwell:

I'd suggest trying to reduce the amount of glycerine in your mix ... I live in Australia and our summers can be extremely hot and dry ... this summer I've gone down to a 10% glycerine mix, and that's worked better.

I know other ladies here use conditioner (alone or diluted) as a leave in ... you could try that too. Not sure how safe that is though.

Also, I wanted to suggest that sometimes it's not the product, but the technique .... what's your moisturizing routine?

might be good to make your own mix with some oils and butters that you like. if aloe is drying i'd try to use only a tad. Glycerin isn't for everyone but it should be fine as long as u put it in before your conditioner. I use greg juice as my spritz and i think it has glycerin. I'm in houston so at first I hated gj but then I used it as my spritzer "just to moisten my hair* and then put a leave in over it and omg. Maybe that may help

Thx ladies, i have been trying to avoid making my own daily moisturizer cuz i'm lazy but that may be the route. The search continues.

ita w/ urban. depending on where you live this winter may need to either use something else/add/or seal in your avj and glycerin.
Try tweeking to see if that helps

I'm twenty minutes from Chicago so I understand the weather fine.

I did a pre poo with glycerin the other day and my hair felt soooooo moisturized, I kept touching it all day...

Back