Aloe Vera Plant is the new love of my life

Kerryann

So friday night when i got home a bought some aloe vera plant to try. I cut up the plant and put it from root to tip. I slept with it in and on saturday morning washed my hair and DCed.

I swear my hair has never been so soft it almost feels strange. I think everyone who has never tried this should i swear you will never regret this its amazing.

I am making this an every friday night ritual now this really has been great

Anyone tried it using the plant what was your experience?

adw425

Great... Except that I would infuse the whole thing (aloe and cut up the leaf/stalk) into spring water, put in spray bottle and soak my dry hair with it, let it stay on overnight and wash and DC the next day.

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
I am dying to try this but I hear loe contains protein. If this is the case is it a moisturizng protein like Wheat Germ?

exubah

I use to use it all the time but I hated the bitter taste it left in my mouth even though I was using it on my hair (it's that strong!!!!!!). We have several HUGE plants in the yard....I think I will start using again! Unfortunately, I don't recall the results I had when I used it cause that was during my pre-LHCF days when hair growth was not a priority.

Kerryann

i ate it once but i just cant do it too bitter but its suppose to make my hair grow stronger and long so hey i will continue to use this to help me to reach bsl and mbl

ladylibra_30

Hmmmm, this is interesting! I use aloe on my face ALL the time but never tried it in my hair - I'm going to research this.

*CherryPie*

I use to use the juice from the plant on my skin. I just don't like that slimy feel. I'll stick to the gel.

Last edited:

hillytmj

A Hispanic friend of mine said she uses an aloe vera cream/gel on her hair as a prepoo. She also said that it gives amazing shine and softness. She didnt tell me the brand name, only that I can find it in the Hispanic or AA hair/skincare aisle at Wal-Mart. Her hair texture is coarse (almost like that of a relaxed head) so I think it can also work on my hair type (4A?).