Aloe Vera Plant on Sale at Aldi / Tips for caring for one?

mswoman

I hope this is the right forum but Aldi is having a sale of Aloe Vera Plants for 3.99 beginning on Thursday. I think that I am going to buy about 2 or 3 of them. Does anyone have tips on caring for this plant???

I would like to have natural Aloe but do not want to get in over my head.

Thanks!!!

LadyPaniolo

Aloe is such an easy plant to care for. I have several myself, that I got when they were just one tiny little baby leaf in a pot.

The best thing you can do for your aloe plant is put it in an area where it won't get too much sun and ignore it. DON'T water it. Maybe once a month. I'm serious.

The problems I've had with my aloe plants have come when I put them outside (I thought they'd like more light, but it almost killed them) and when I've watered them like they were my other regular houseplants.

Neglect is key.

And nothing takes the sting out of a burn, or the itch out of a bug bite, like aloe.

BostonMaria

I'd read the instructions inside the plant pot. I usually buy the aloe vera sticks at my local grocer. Mind you be very careful because an aloe vera plant smells very unpleasant (think body odor) and the texture is like glob. Sounds awesome right? LOL

What are you going to use it for? I usually peel the aloe vera and take the clear part out. I then either mix it in a blender and add it to my deep conditioner or use it as is.

adw425

I always wind up killing mine. It will last for a few months and then it will rain a couple of days and then the plant dies from too much water. I am going to buy another one, though, and keep it inside this time. I use the gel mostly, but when I make aloe tea for my spritz, I will also cut up the outside and infuse both the cut leaf and the gel into water.