Alter Ego - Hot Oil Treatment with Garlic

I went out and bought the hot oil treatment with garlic by Alter Ego. I saw that so many people were singing the praises of it. My question is this How do you use it. The jar says to apply to shampooed scalp for 15 minutes.
To get better results should I use it with heat? Can I apply to hair as well as the scalp? If I leave it on longer will it help more? How often should I use it? I have it on my scalp right now, and I feel a sense of warmth.

Aggie

It would give really good results if you use heat, I use heat for 20 mminutes and it works wonders. I like how soft it makaes my hair feel when I'm done. I work it from the roots to the ends.

nicki6

I've only used mine once but I applied it to hair and scalp and sat under my dryer for 15mins.

It worked out well for well but I couldnt say that I saw any significant difference in shedding.

Last edited:

santia

This is my most favoritist of the favorites. After you shampoo your hair, apply AE garlic co to your hair. Personally, I use heat when I want my hair to soak it all in. The warming feeling is normal. And yes, I apply it to the scalp b/c I massage it in. That's the beauty of it, it's a creamy hot oil.

Well, I guess I'll be using some of this today too :lachen:

Brownie518

This is my most favoritist of the favorites. After you shampoo your hair, apply AE garlic co to your hair. Personally, I use heat when I want my hair to soak it all in. The warming feeling is normal. And yes, I apply it to the scalp b/c I massage it in. That's the beauty of it, it's a creamy hot oil.

Well, I guess I'll be using some of this today too :lachen:

Cosigning on this! This is an excellent treatment. Definite staple!!! :yep: I have been using it weekly (otherwise every other) because I love the condition of my hair after using it. I usually apply it all over, but if I just put it on my scalp, I add a nice moisturizing conditioner on the rest of my hair and heat it up for at least 20 minutes. Hair is soft, silky, and moisturized. And healthier, I think!!!

silverlotus

Love this condish! It makes my hair soft & I like the smell, too. Aside from the price, it's staple material. Dunno how effective it is for shedding, though - I wasn't using it for that.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I love Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner. Great Product. Will become a Staple, if for nothing more than the way it makes your hair feel. I apply with heat and either use my Steamer or Heat Cap. I'm not necessarily using it for "shedding" I just like it. Since I am using Mega-Tek, I puchased it as a precautionary measure.

magviv

I used the Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner today for the first time. After shampooing I put it on my scalp and hair for 15 minutes and then rinsed it out. I liked that there was no garlic odor and I liked the slip it gave my hair but I didn't notice a significant decrease in shedding which is what I was really hoping for. I'll give it another try with heat next time and see if that makes a difference.

honeybadgirl

where can i get alter ego? when i go to the bss and ask for garlic shampoo, they give a puzzled look and say they dont have it:perplexed

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
where can i get alter ego? when i go to the bss and ask for garlic shampoo, they give a puzzled look and say they dont have it:perplexed

The Alter Ego Conditioner, I ordered mine on-line from Beauty of New York.

I know there is a Nutrine Garlic Shampoo and I've seen that on Amazon. I think Amazon also has the Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner.

honeybadgirl

The Alter Ego Conditioner, I ordered mine on-line from Beauty of New York.

I know there is a Nutrine Garlic Shampoo and I've seen that on Amazon. I think Amazon also has the Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner.

ok thanks! and is that the exact name of the conditioner? i see there are quite a few names. what did you pay?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
ok thanks! and is that the exact name of the conditioner? i see there are quite a few names. what did you pay?
HBG: It is 33.8 fl oz of "Alter Ego Italy Impac Ego w/Garlic, plus Vitamin A.

I paid about $42.00 w/Shipping. They also have a Smaller size for about $25.00 plus shipping. HTH