Am I crazy? I have a Natural product wishlist

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
Ok, I'm really considering going natural. I'm seeing too many women on here with gorgeous natural hair. I mean, I love my relaxed hair, but I'm about ready for a change. And besides, these colored ends are really getting on my nerves. I still want to reach APL & BSL, but I'm sure I could still reach those lengths stretched when having natural hair. Like I said on another thread, I want to experience a wash-n-go and a low/high puff so badly. Over the summer, I stretched for almost 13 weeks. Even though my newgrowth was becoming a hassle to deal with, I actually liked it (I even took pics of it in my fotki :lol:). It's about to be September 14th, and If I could get 5 inches by February 14th (my birthday) then I could BC on my birthday :grin:, but being realistic...5 inches may not happen that soon :( Anyhoo, while thinking about this decision, I've even come up with a Natural haircare product wishlist of all the stuff I'd get once going natural (based off of the natural ladies' reviews, etc.)

1. Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding
2. Qhemet Olive Detangling Lotion
3. Beyond The Zone Noodlehead
4. Inky Loves Nature Organic Scalp Butter
5. Qhemet Alma & Olive Heavy Cream (already have)
6. Kid's Organics Shea Butter Detangling Lotion (already have, but don't use)
7. Fantasia IC Gel w/ Sparklites [Blue Jar (already have)]

To shampoo & condition, I'd use my regular ol' Elucence products.

I guess I'm just excited about possibly heading into this journey, and doing a wash-n-go immediately after my BC.

Don't think I'm crazy :lol:, I just had to let this out.

I've been thinking of going natural, too! I've been feeling my NG a lot, and I love it. I think you should go for it.I just noticed our birthday's are around the same time (mine is Feb. 10th). Good luck, and keep us posted!

Hey, whenever you two are ready to cross over to the other side, we'll be here to guide you thru!

Shoot, I want to try Miss Jessies Curly Pudding too. BUT, its kinda pricey!!!

And no TSU, you arent crazy!!

Ebonygurl00 said:
I've been thinking of going natural, too! I've been feeling my NG a lot, and I love it. I think you should go for it.I just noticed our birthday's are around the same time (mine is Feb. 10th). Good luck, and keep us posted!

Hey I just started my transition this past July & my birthday is Feb 28th! I'm loving my NG too! I don't think I'll be ready to BC by my birthday though! :lol:

You don't sound crazy. The styling possibilities are endless! Good luck on whatever you decide to do --- and by the way, Qhemet Biologics Olive Cream Conditioning Instant Detangler lives up to it's name! It's by far the best product I've ever used to detangle my hair even when it's dry :woot:!

amr501 said:
Hey I just started my transition this past July & my birthday is Feb 28th! I'm loving my NG too! I don't think I'll be ready to BC by my birthday though! :lol:

So many February babies! :D How many inches of NG do you want before you BC? Good luck!

Hey TSUPrincess! I don't think you're crazy. :lol: I'm in the same boat. I'm 21 weeks post relaxer. Before my last relaxer in april I stretched 22 weeks. It came out kind of texlaxed so that hair looks like my new growth just with less shrinkage. Before that I only relaxed every 3-4 months for the past 2.5 years. I think I'm just gonna go for it now. I like my texture now that I can see what it really looks like. Your wishlist is cool. I have some of those products on your list too. I just bought the Noodlehead today. I can't wait to try it out. I like how the Kids Shea Creme and the Blue Fantasia gel work on my hair so far though. It tames the little hair that has escaped from my braids around the edges without it looking like its dry or caked with gel. Keep us updated on what you decide to do. :)

I feel the same way all the time. I want all the products you want also lol. I think once I reach my length I at least want to have texlaxed from root to tip.....after that natural or semi natural.

TSU you are not crazy at all! I planned on going natural last Feb, and gave in to the creamy crack...but im forreal this time...its been 3 months...last time i relaxed was June...not too long, but i plan to do the big chop June 07. Do what feels right!!!:)

Ebonygurl00 said:
So many February babies! :D How many inches of NG do you want before you BC? Good luck!

At least 7-8 inches (unstretched) will be good. I will feel comfortable cutting all the relaxed ends off then....I need to have enough hair to experiment with puffs & braidouts :grin: . I had short hair once (relaxed -and I did not like it at all :( ) so I will not wear a twa. I will probably transition for 18 months, we'll see ;) . How about you?

That's okay TSU...

I had a list of products I wanted to buy when I was transitioning (for when I went natural), and now still have a natural wish list, because I bought a lot of my online samples right after my BC, and now there are three or four new products I want to try, primarily from Curls, Curl Junkie, and Blended Beauty.

I think I will go ahead and go for it. Yesterday while visiting some friends, I met this girl who was natural. Her hair was beautiful!!!! I somehow felt that maybe I was "supposed" to meet her since I'm trying to decide what to do. It seems like she had some 3c/4a hair. She was wearing it "loose" (for lack of a better word). She said that she just does wash-n-go's every 3 days or so.

I believe that after I get 5 inches, then I'll be satisfied and go on and BC. I measured the length of a piece of my hair (from the crown) yesterday and it came out to be 6 inches...whenever I get around that much newgrowth, I can BC. I'm excited, but this journey is gonna be sooooooo long. I'm scared that I'll eventually get discouraged and go back to the relaxer....but that's what I have you guys for, to encourage me :).

TSUprincess04, you sound ready to go natural.
Are you definitely going for it then? Good luck with your transition if you are!

TSUprincess04 said:
I think I will go ahead and go for it. Yesterday while visiting some friends, I met this girl who was natural. Her hair was beautiful!!!! I somehow felt that maybe I was "supposed" to meet her since I'm trying to decide what to do. It seems like she had some 3c/4a hair. She was wearing it "loose" (for lack of a better word). She said that she just does wash-n-go's every 3 days or so.

I believe that after I get 5 inches, then I'll be satisfied and go on and BC. I measured the length of a piece of my hair (from the crown) yesterday and it came out to be 6 inches...whenever I get around that much newgrowth, I can BC. I'm excited, but this journey is gonna be sooooooo long. I'm scared that I'll eventually get discouraged and go back to the relaxer....but that's what I have you guys for, to encourage me :).

Yay! Ain't it funny how things work out ?! Don't worry, I just started transitioning too (last relaxer 7/11/06). We can encourage each other ;)

I'm with ya. AMR, my last relaxer was 7/16/06, so we have been at this for the same amount of time. I almost did the BC. I actually cut a section of my hair. When I saw how short it was, about an inch, I got scared. I think I cut too much too.

I am sooo impatient, and I want to be natural NOW. I want to see my natural hair's reaction without relaxed ends. But at the same time, I love my length. My siggy says what challenges I'm in. Let's just say I'm very close to my goal. I don't think my hair has ever been that long. And knowing that makes me not want to cut a single hair.

So, as of right now I haven't made a definitive decision about transitioning. I will wait until the end of the Hide Your Hair Challenge. I'll be 6 months post then. Then I guess I'll go from there.

Last edited:
TSUprincess04 said:

AWWW! Congrats! It seems as if lots of women are going natural these days....

You know we will be here to support ya girlie! :)

Thanks everyone for the support. If I start transitioning now, this would work out perfect. I'm moving to Washington DC in summer 2007 for about 3 months to intern. I figured that I could transition for the rest of this school year and when I get to D.C., I could make an appointment at the Miss Jessie's salon and get my new "do" trimmed/cut and shaped up. Everything seems to be falling into place....:)

TSUprincess04 said:
Thanks everyone for the support. If I start transitioning now, this would work out perfect. I'm moving to Washington DC in summer 2007 for about 3 months to intern. I figured that I could transition for the rest of this school year and when I get to D.C., I could make an appointment at the Miss Jessie's salon and get my new "do" trimmed/cut and shaped up. Everything seems to be falling into place....:)

That's exciting....I wish I was near Miss Jessie's salon! Good luck with the transition and keep us posted! :)

Ms_Twana said:
I'm with ya. AMR, my last relaxer was 7/16/06, so we have been at this for the same amount of time. I almost did the BC. I actually cut a section of my hair. When I saw how short it was, about an inch, I got scared. I think I cut too much too.

I am sooo impatient, and I want to be natural NOW. I want to see my natural hair's reaction without relaxed ends. But at the same time, I love my length. My siggy says what challenges I'm in. Let's just say I'm very close to my goal. I don't think my hair has ever been that long. And knowing that makes me not want to cut a single hair.

So, as of right now I haven't made a definitive decision about transitioning. I will wait until the end of the Hide Your Hair Challenge. I'll be 6 months post then. Then I guess I'll go from there.

Good luck with whatever you decide.....you could always transition after you reach your goal length :) , I know what you mean about not wanting to give up the length and wanting to be natural now! I'm loving my new growth more and more everyday though! :grin:

Back