Am I the only natural whose "bangs" are a weird diff texture than the rest of myhead?

Kurlee

I been noticing this for a while. My WHOLE head is 4a, the sides are S-curly the crown is super tight dense spirals and the back are softer ringlets. The bang area of my hair is this weird texture. Its not straight, but its not curly or wavy. If i scruch the life out of it I can get a loose S wave out of it. This part of my hair grows the fastest and easiest and it is the strongest. It can survive the most abuse and back in my relaxer days, i could go forever and day without touching it up and there was never a problem.

The point of this post is: Whut the hell do i do with the "bang" area?:look: I can't wear my hair down cuz my whole head curls and shrinks up and that part hangs down long and straightish, not to mention since henna the bangs are damn near straight.:wallbash: Should I cut them off? My bangs right now are longer than collar bone but not boob:grin:.

mscocoface

Re: Am I the only natural whose "bangs" are a weird diff texture than the rest of myh

No you are not the only one.

The beauty of curse (depending on how you look at it) of natural hair is that you see ALL of the different textures you could possibly have on your head.

My front and temples are a different texture and it is my weakest spot on my head now. When I do twists without other hair I really see the difference. I am debating also about cutting it because I am noticing the ends are really shallow looking.

I wish I had an answer for you, but I am not sure.

Do you think if you cut them a little they may hang a little better? At least you won't lose all of your length.

Does braiding or twisting give any volume at all?

SEMO

Re: Am I the only natural whose "bangs" are a weird diff texture than the rest of myh

I know exactly what you mean. My bang area and the crown of my head are a totally different (and harder to deal with) than the rest of my hair. You can kinda see what I mean in my avatar pic.

I've found no solution though. It's the reason I wear ponytails so much. I don't know how to blend the textures yet. Maybe doing twistouts on that part of my hair would help.

JamericanGurl

My bang and crown area is much looser:ohwell: the curls are big...But gets tighter and smaller on the rest of my head:perplexed

I'm 3c and 4a...Oh and 5F:lachen:

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time

No, you are not alone. My god daughter's hair is 4a in the front and curls up like crazy while the rest of her hair is a 3b/c. She has like a halo of small coils in the front, very peculiar and cute. :)

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas

I have the same problem. My bangs are very loose s-waves. They don't really curl that much so it's almost like not even in the 3's. I don't know what to say it is but it's weird. One side of them is almost straight and I hate that side with a passion. I'm constantly cutting at it. I'm not sure what I'm trying to achieve with that:perplexed. Several times I've had to hold myself back from trying to cut the whole section off at the root:spinning:......but I know I can't do that.

LynnieB

i experience the same thing as many of you; front of head and crown are "weak" like if i mess with either too much the front goes straight and the crown just waves up. the front also has the finest/thinnest strands, the crown is smoother yet coarse (very, very large strands) and the back is somewhere in the middle.

the back of my head has the strongest texture with the most poofiness.

sometimes i twist up those weaker sections and then release them - that way the pattern sets more consistently.

i know i have weird hair
:grin::spinning: so i just learn to work around it, there's no use in :wallbash: and :wallbash: about it sooooooooooooo..........i just accept it and keep it moving (what else can ya do? :yep:).

C

chica_canella

Youuuu are not alone *sings in Michael Jackson voice*:lachen:

Ok, I am 3c with some 4a in the back of the crown. fine.

So, in the front I don't know what I am. It isn't 3c or 4a and it is does a loose wave thingy. Very weird. I would have much less troubles if all my hair was like that.:yep:

But it takes about three inches from the perimeter to get to my true hair texture.

I don't know what causes it.

jtsupanova

Same thing here! I'm Not natural anymore but texturized and the front of my hair has a way loser texture than the rest. It was part of the reason why I freak out when I got my tex, I now realize the fronts just like that...
I really don't try to make it blend with the other textures I just wear a headband till my hair dries and that seems to hide it well.

bLackButtaFly

I feel you. My "bang" area is just what you described. Kind not curly or defined anything like the rest of my hair. It's just kinda frizzy. Even when I do a wash and go I'll usually twist that front part just so it is alittle more stretched and defined. It is very strong, and it sets well, but it's just kind there. Who knows?:perplexed

turnergirl

I have this issue also. It's crazy. That part of my hair has always looked longer than the rest and has more potential to just look crazy. My mom always joked that my kitchen (which is usually the kinkiest texture) was in the front of my head. I have defined curls everywhere and then this kind of textureless, cottony thing going on at the very front of my head.

I just try to avoid using the flat iron there, no need to make it worse and I handle it wet with a leave in that has good hold.

This is common. I don't even know WHAT is going on with my hair. I'm convinced that the hair up front is perhaps 4b? I'm thinking the crown might turn out the be a slightly looser 4a or maybe 3c. The back is textbook 4a with no questions asked. I wonder how this will play out if I wear my hair down.

indigodiva

:yay:...not to rejoice in your frustration, but I thought I was the only one with this issue! It has always been a big deal to me..well it used to be. My 4a "bangs" are the reason I begged my mom for a relaxer when I was younger. The rest of my hair would stay in the two ponytails, but in the front, it was just a big poof that refused to laydown...The when I was a baby, my mom used to curl my hair with her finger to create a bang...but my forehead was so big so it just sat up there...why did she do that to me, y'all--:rolleyes:..here's some comic relief for somebody having a bad day:lol:

Kurlee

awwww dats a cute baby pic! TRhank god i'm no talone. I guess im a have to get creative with the hairstyles... I also wondered why that part of my hair is like teflon. Nothing can break it. Are ur "weirdo" bangs super strong too?

Cheleigh

awwww dats a cute baby pic! TRhank god i'm no talone. I guess im a have to get creative with the hairstyles... I also wondered why that part of my hair is like teflon. Nothing can break it. Are ur "weirdo" bangs super strong too?

Such a cute baby picture. :)

The front of my hair is straighter than the back and sides too. None of my hair is like teflon (unfortunately) but the front is much easier to detangle than the rest of my hair. I did a wash and go the other day, and my 1/2 of my hair was super defined, shiny. The front half was s-waves and kinky-straight hair. Sometimes I finger curl some pieces in the front. That day, I didn't even bother.

ChoKitty

I'm relaxed and my bangs do the same thing. My whole head could puff up and my bangs would be hanging there limp. When I used to use heat, they didn't hold curl like the rest of my hair. They also always seemed to be in much better condition than the rest of my hair..even though they are the most abused.

zzirvingj

i experience the same thing as many of you; front of head and crown are "weak" like if i mess with either too much the front goes straight and the crown just waves up. the front also has the finest/thinnest strands, the crown is smoother yet coarse (very, very large strands) and the back is somewhere in the middle.

the back of my head has the strongest texture with the most poofiness.

sometimes i twist up those weaker sections and then release them - that way the pattern sets more consistently.

i know i have weird hair :grin::spinning: so i just learn to work around it, there's no use in :wallbash: and :wallbash: about it sooooooooooooo..........i just accept it and keep it moving (what else can ya do? :yep:).

I think that my bang area is similar to this; it is looser than the rest of my head. It's more like a 3c texture. It gets straight verrrry easily. I am wondering why? Sometimes I think it's cuz I brush this area alot?? :ohwell: Since I wear my hair in a bun like 90% of the time, when I brush down my edges, this area bears the brunt of my manipulation.

I don't know....sorry I couldn't help.

Nice & Wavy

I thought it was just me. My bangs are like a 2c or something and the rest of my head is a 3b/c. I can't figure it out...weird.

youwillrise

not my bangs/front
but the nape and up a little bit of the middle of the back of my hair
is a looser (and "smoother") texture (3b/3c-ish...while the rest of my hair is very 4a)

i always kind of wonder what it might look like as my hair grows.

haha we'll see.

Mahalialee4

Bangs are my Achilles Heel as far as thickness and growth. Very fine strands but I am working on it. Always been that way but I am believing that as my hair thickens some has got to spring up out of there!lol bonjour

jwhitley6

My bangs are the exact same way...they curl better after a heavy duty protein treatment, but still that wavy look instead of the rest of my 4a/b locks. Let me know when you get an answer as to why this happens.

Jetblackhair

Kurlee, my hair is just the opposite of everything you said about your hair. The back of my hair looks so different from everywhere else, loose curl, softer texture...hey who's hair is this?:blush: For now I just keep my hair in plaits under my quickweave/fall.