Am I the only one frustrated by passwords?

NuMe2004

Hey y'all,

I was just wondering why so many ladies password protect their photos. I thought we were here to share! I hate seeing someone with lovely hair and then when I try to view their photos, it has locks on it with no password in sight.

Is there a reason why people password protect their photos that I'm unaware of?

Sometimes I'm frustated with them. but I either move on or pm that person if I want to view it bad enough.

I'm sorry, I know it's frustrating. I have one because I use this username in a lot of places and I don't necessarily want people... (like nosey coworkers) to have access to pics of my hair journal just by doing a quick search. I'm comfortable sharing with others on the same journey here but not with just anyone. I realize I could change my username but it's just too much of a hassle. (Cuz I'm lazy, lol)

I used to require a PM for access but that frustrates me too, so I recently settled for putting in my profile.

I password protect because I am only interested in LHCF users to veiw my obession. But my password is in plain view for everyone here.
I do get visitors asking for access but in order to avoid non-understanders I don't give it out outside of this forum.
And I never pm asking for other passwords, don't have the energy.

It bugs me when the PW is not in the profile and the person does not have a guest book activated.

Some have a different fotki name than their forum name? Those are the hard ones.

I agree with the above post. I put mine in my profile cause i dont wan't random folks being able to waltz into my profile (outside of this board). I figured putting it in my profile allows ppl who are on the same journey to look, but not a random lurker.

It's frustrating to me too sometimes, but I do understand the need for passwords. I've noticed if you are looking at someone's album and click on someone's picture who leaves a comment, it will automatically take you over to that persons' fotki. All I'm saying is everybody in the hair community ain't as friendly as we LHCF gals....:cool:

Nope, you're not alone. I rarely PM people for their password. It's just too much work. I've done it twice and both times I only looked in their album once and never again. I always forget the password and I never write them down. :ohwell:

I also hate when people have the wrong password in their profile. I can't really complain about that one tho. Fotki frequently denies people (that have the right password) access to my album.

I admit to being frustrated w/ "PM me for password". It's not that serious for me to go through all that.

Mook's hair said:
It bugs me when the PW is not in the profile and the person does not have a guest book activated.

Some have a different fotki name than their forum name? Those are the hard ones.

Ooo, that's me. :sad: I tried. It was taken.

Nina_deF said:
And I never pm asking for other passwords, don't have the energy.

OK, after reading some of the posts, I understand why some of y'all use passwords: to keep non LHCF guests out. However, I agree with Nina-deF: Sometimes I just don't have the energy to pm for passwords.

Know something else...
I randomly change my password status. Sometimes it's in my siggy. Sometimes it's in my profile. Sometimes the album is completely open (like now).

sareca said:
Know something else...
I randomly change my password status. Sometimes it's in my siggy. Sometimes it's in my profile. Sometimes the album is completely open (like now).

See girl, you're one of those ladies that has too much stuff going on :) LOL!

The internet is full of crazy folks. I've had people steal my pics in blackplanet and myspace and make new profiles about themselves, with my face on it.

But my password is in my siggy, so I keep it simple.

....Coming in before the lock ;)

I love looking at Fotki's and rarely do I PM for a password. I am happy to leave a message in the person's Fotki tho or check a profile. I took my passwords off because there's nothing terribly exciting in my albums and I haven't been given a reason to either.

Mine is open becuz this is the only place that I list my fotki. So right now I dont feel a need to pwprotect it. But I totally understand those who decide to have a password - folx is crazy out here. Usually tho if its in the profile Im a bit less likely to go to a fotki (tho if I really want to you know Ill click on that badboy) and I have yet to pm someone for their password..

sareca said:
Know something else...

OMG, this happened to me about two weeks ago and I thought I was crazy. Kept telling myself "this is the damn password, why won't you work".
sareca said:
Sneaky Sareca! :)

Uh-oh. I knew this thread was gonna get me trouble.
brutale_004.gif

I've only changed the password once. I changed it from Phyto to sareca. I thought that would make it easier.
traurige_006.gif

Last edited:
I love looking at fotkis cause it gives me inspiration that one day my hair will get to the place I want it to be. I've only pm'ed a couple folks for their pw.

i password protect too. i am just always paranoid as to who can be looking/taking my pictures and for what purpose. my password is in my profile so that only lhcf users can view it

Ditto on the bolded part

Ennyaa said:
I'm sorry, I know it's frustrating. I have one because I use this username in a lot of places and I don't necessarily want people... (like nosey coworkers) to have access to pics of my hair journal just by doing a quick search. I'm comfortable sharing with others on the same journey here but not with just anyone. I realize I could change my username but it's just too much of a hassle. (Cuz I'm lazy, lol)

I used to require a PM for access but that frustrates me too, so I recently settled for putting in my profile.

thefineprint said:
i password protect too. i am just always paranoid as to who can be looking/taking my pictures and for what purpose. my password is in my profile so that only lhcf users can view it[/quote

i agree.

i password protect the first folder just to make sure that only lhcf members can view it (not that I have updated it lately but still).

what bugs me is when people password protect every single folder (and they have many) with the same password!:perplexed

Ennyaa said:

Same here, I am sharing my pics with this forum but not to the whole net. If you go to fotki your pixs could be in the front page if they are not pw protected. I am gonna remove my fotki account anyway, so I wll be one less:)

Last edited:
kandi1280 said:
The internet is full of crazy folks. I've had people steal my pics in blackplanet and myspace and make new profiles about themselves, with my face on it.

But my password is in my siggy, so I keep it simple.

:eek: Yikes, I guess imitation is supposed to be the sincerest form of flattery, but yeeesh, that's takin' to a whole 'nother level.

I definitely don't want anyone but my LHCF homegirls up in my album. My pw is listed in my profile, I only keep my pj album open to the public. Only once have I ever pmed someone for their password, now I don't bother.

Yeah you have to pm folks for passwords, then it takes forever for them to respond or they dont respond at all. Or the passwords dont work. Grrrrrrrr.

Although I completely understand, I really hate this with a passion too. I just move on and don't bother, sometimes it's just extra work to even go to a profile if it's not in the siggy. I personally leave mine available.

If I really wanna see someone's fotki and it's pw protected I don't have a problem pming them. My fotki is pw protected and i get pm's for my pw all the time.

Back