Am I the only one who just doesn't care anymore?!

SimpleKomplexity

No doubt I want healthy hair, but length isn't so stressing now. I've stopped takin vitamins, stopped spending boo koos of money on hair products, don't care for MN or anything I have to do everyday lol and stopped tracking my length every day. APL will come....one day. I still don't use much direct heat if any, I'm still moisturizing, but I haven't cowashed in a month...:blush: I've worn my hair in banana clips all this month...and I've just lost my touch...my inspiration. Anyone else feel like this?:nono:

Despite this, I still think I will APL soon :spinning::drunk: But ifi get there tommorrow or next year...long hair don't care lol. As long as it's healthy and kute

HeavenlySkies

Not me I'm too determined to work for what I want. And I'm not even good at doing the same stuff everyday as far as taking pills, putting stuff on my hair but I'm sticking with it until I'm happy with the results.

SimpleKomplexity

LOL I feel yu on that. That was me this summer! I was on it and got some excellent growth!! I guess school has started my scheldule is like WORK WORK WORK WORK NO SLEEP....so I've been slackin :sad: But maybe I'll get back on it soon. I'm still getting good growth though:ohwell:

RedVelvet310

I've stopped with the growth aids, as long as my hair is healthy it WILL grow. I'm expecting APL-BSL next summer. I'm just below shoulder right now. I'm not obsessed with my week to week or month to month length anymore, as long as I'm taking the proper care of my hair it *will* grow. (I still take my vitamins though, that's for my overall health, not just my hair.)

Nonie

I do care that my hair is healthy, but I don't jump hoops to get it to grow any faster that it grows normally. I don't do anything but keep my braids looking neat and baggy every night and wash/condition/ACV twice a week. Less is more for me. I'm always pleasantly surprised to see the strides I have made when I was so busy living life and not fussing about my hair.

When I first joined the forum, I bought all the supplements everyone raved about. They didn't give me any remarkable growth as far as I could see; and the extra "work" of taking 176876476 supplements was a pain. My hair had grown to 9-11 inches--the longest I've ever had--in two years starting from 1 inch and w/ regular dustings when I wasn't doing anything unusual. So I returned to basics. Just keep it clean, give it TLC and just let it be. I don't do growth aids, and don't take anything but my multivitamins, and my hair's doing fine.

Last edited:

naturalgurl

NOPE! I felt this way last week and posted a thread. After hanging out here again for a while looking at all of the progress pics, I've sort have got the will to let my hair live again! LOL! I think we all go through that. It's called burn out. We discover something and live there for a while, then we get sick of it. Just maintain a simple regimen and you'll get past it. Just don't let your hair get dried out girl!

Dposh167

i dont care about length that much. I used to record my progess every other week. Now its just when i relax. Im still a pj tho...and i still care about the health of my hair. im just not a fanatic with length anymore. Ive accepted im only 0.25 a month so i have to slow my roll anyway

Crystalicequeen123

I understand how you feel. :yep: I go in spurts myself.

I find that I have my "down times" where I really dont' care what the heck I do to my hair. I had that "don't give a care" attitude with my hair about a year and a half ago. But then again, there were A LOT of things going on in my life at the time, and I was also going through depression, so my love and inspiration to take really good care of my hair had gone away. :(

But now days, I'm more on top of my hair again. :D :up: After seeing such good results on this board, and re-reading some of my old hair books, I'm more inspired to try again. This time, I want to see how long I can grow my hair. I'm just curious... :look: However... My goal is to stretch my relaxers the "right way" (REALLY creating a moisture balance in my hair so that it doesn't break off so much), and to see just how long, thick, and healthy my hair can be if I really take care of it.

Again, I think the inspired feeling can come and go. Right now it sounds like you have a LOT going on right now (school, work, stress maybe?), so I'm not surprised that your hair goals are taking a back-burner. That's fine. It happens to all of us. Right now you have more important or more pertinent things to care about. I too am not as "obsessed" as I was when I first started 4 years ago. :giggle: Now days I can relax, knowing that my hair will grow no matter what, but I just have to work more on retaining the length that I do get. :)

noemi

I stopped everything summer and only started taking some vitamins this week. Only because I want to use them. I'm getting so many compliments on my hair, so I'm going to continue doing, sad to say, nothing to it.

I basically did the bare minimum when I remembered this summer. I was on hair hiatus for real. I'm going to get back on it this winter and get some more inches for next summer to show off.

Since I had such good progress, I know what to do to maintain and continue my success so I'm not too worried about length and all that anymore. It'll come in due time.

JustKiya

I wish!! I think I might need to start a Buy Nothing for September Challenge - I've been off the hook!

complexsimplicity

i think i care too much. right now i'm goin thru alot of things but then i'm like, "well at least today is my wash day..." it makes me feel so good to know that i'm about to have a good time all by myself for a few hours. i am too determined. i want this sooooo bad. i @ least jus want sl for this yr. that's how bad i hate havin short hair. sl is like a dream to me right now.

Anew

I got to that point last October, but it was a little worse for me. I totally neglected my hair. I tried to pretend as if I've never heard of a hair board and continue letting my hair live its life as it had in the past, lol. But then I came back here and slapped myself in the face.

I do have a bottle of MT, but after serious thought, it'll be my last. I'm just way too lazy, I don't know, my mind may change as it always does. But for now, I think I'll just stick to my buns, washing and DCing as usual.

Lady Esquire

I care. However, I do not stare at my roots everyday to check for growth. Never really have. You know the cliche saying, "a watched pot never boils."

I had a bunch of vits I used to inhale daily, but I stopped that forever ago. I have scaled back DRASTICALLY with my purchasing. I rarely even visit a BSS. Once you have a regimen down, the obsessing on a daily basis does get old. It sounds like your regimen is on point, so stay on top of it.

As for inspiration, which is something different from obsessing all together, you need to wear your hair in styles that make you feel good about yourself, but are still in line with your hair's health. Pretty buns, rollersets, Carusos, and other safe techniques will keep you looking tight and keep you inspired. Using accessories such as pretty scarves, hair sticks, and other girly adornments, will also add inspiration.

Being inspired does not have to equate to being obsessive or extra.
Being bored does not have to equate to being neglectful.
Stay consistent with health, and the growth will follow.

Butterfly08

Yup, you're the only one. :look:

Seriously, :lachen:, I think it's normal to go through phases and get sick of waiting for water to boil. When I get fed up with the constant measuring of growth I focus on something else, like fitness, makeup, organizing my home, etc.

But I still want long hair. :grin: I've been almost MBL before but this time I have highlights, and I can't wait to see what that will look like. :drunk:

Qetesh

i feel you.

after i cut my hair i was really sad and wanted waistlength again. but NOW i could care less how long it takes or about even getting to waist length again
i jus want it to be healthy and full thats it really and i am playing around with my styling choices

i never really got super into hair growth and all (taking vitamins etc)

jamaraa

OP you have learned the wisdom of the women of the past who had long hair. They say "don't worry, it'll grow w/o you" and it does. they also say "a watched pot never boils"...ok, it does, but the point is that the more you stress over something, the more elusive it seems.

Do the things it takes to keep it healthy, clean, and looking good...it will grow to however long it's supposed to be.

I'm of the opinion that people are actually interfering w/ their optimal growth of their hair doing so much to it. They want to be active in a process that they have little control over at the end of the day. Hair is dead, when it's out of your scalp, most of the work is done. Care for it...it'll grow.

Last edited:

anon123

NOPE! I felt this way last week and posted a thread. After hanging out here again for a while looking at all of the progress pics, I've sort have got the will to let my hair live again! LOL! I think we all go through that. It's called burn out. We discover something and live there for a while, then we get sick of it. Just maintain a simple regimen and you'll get past it. Just don't let your hair get dried out girl!

Burnout indeed. I'm like this with all my hobbies and really hair is just another hobby in a long string of them for me. A bit more personal since it's growing from my body, but still. Some hobbies I let go and don't really come back to, others I revisit after a time (sometimes years). I know I will get tired of this hair thing one day. Shoot, I already got tired and chopped a bunch off two days ago. If I'm going to be into it, it should at least be fun, not stressful! And it was getting majorly stressful.

But Krazy, you might get back into it when you have more time. Other more important things are commanding your attention now, and that's fine.

JustKiya

Ohh, I'm with you on that one. UPS has been ringing my bell all week :look: I'm out of control.

Come on over!!! :look: I have to place one more order with iHerbs, since I want some more oils and they have the crazy cheap shipping deal, but I'm DONE after that. :look: Really, I am.

jada1111

Hair grows fastest when you're not watching it.

I want long hair too, but as a natural it seems to be a mute point. Shrinkage is a major problem. The only way I can see any type of length is through braid/twistouts.

I don't take vitamins or any of that other stuff. Basically use products that keep my hair soft and moisturized and LIVE AND LET GOD.

I'm happy. :-D

gmw

OP you have learned the wisdom of the women of the past who had long hair. They say "don't worry, it'll grow w/o you" and it does. they also say "a watched pot never boils"...ok, it does, but the point is that the more you stress over something, the more elusive it seems.

Do the things it takes to keep it healthy, clean, and looking good...it will grow to however long it's supposed to be.

I'm of the opinion that people are actually interfering w/ their optimal growth of their hair doing so much to it. They want to be active in a process that they have little control over at the end of the day. Hair is dead, when it's out of your scalp, most of the work is done. Care for it...it'll grow.

I agree with this. I love my hair, but the thickness makes it more of a bother than something I want to do all the dang time. I just did a henna this weekend. I have had that henna since last year. I am just now using.

OP, I am lazy... and the less I can do the better.... jmo

spacetygrss

I care about my hair being healthy so I spend my time focusing on that. As a result I get good growth and am able to retain it. I don't do anything extraordinary though (no vitamins or growth aids, bagging, etc). I just shampoo and deep condition twice per week and co-wash the rest of the week (which I learned to do well before I found this board).
Works for me.

MissNina

Libra Girl
LOL I feel yu on that. That was me this summer! I was on it and got some excellent growth!! I guess school has started my scheldule is like WORK WORK WORK WORK NO SLEEP....so I've been slackin :sad: But maybe I'll get back on it soon. I'm still getting good growth though:ohwell:

I really feel you. Ever since school started back on Monday, I've only washed once (I usually shampoo 2x/wk) and I've only CW once. I was trying to wait out my relaxer til 12 wks post, but I am giving in and doing it on Sat. Too much NG = too much work and I am tired between all the other running around I do.

I don't have kids, but like a lot of other college/grad students on here, I have organizational meetings, work, internships and classes. . .not to mention I do think it's important to have a social life. lol Let's not even add in the love life stuff. . .that's even MORE work! I love my hair and plan to continue CW daily after add/drop is over, but it is just really draining to think about doing daily regimens after all that :nono:

Besides, I used to get the most growth when I did NADA. Literally nothing.

sweetwhispers

I got really bad the last 12 weeks. I literally did nothing to my hair. Just slapped on a weave and called it a day( it grew though!!!). At least now i'm getting back on track with my moisturising etc. But to tell you the truth i don't give a S*** anymore.

ebonimama

I went through a period of months where I felt this way. I stopped moisturizing, never co washed. Didn't do a deep condition. The only thing I maintained was a protected hair style.

In conjunction with stopping my hair care I also stopped coming to the hair boards. When I started revisiting the boards I was re energized and got back on my regimen. As long as I stay within the hair care community I'm good. Without that support I fall off.

SimpleKomplexity

i dont care about length that much. I used to record my progess every other week. Now its just when i relax. Im still a pj tho...and i still care about the health of my hair. im just not a fanatic with length anymore. Ive accepted im only 0.25 a month so i have to slow my roll anyway

Girl I just wanted to say that siggy pic is GORGEOUS!! But yeah, maybe it's just one of those days. I finally relaxed my hair after 8 weeks (after all my friends sayin my hair is too "nappy" haha. And I'm likeing what I'm seeing. I should be APL by Christmas :yep:. It's healthy moisturized and kute so I'm happy lol. Maybe I'm just out oif that newbie stage? I don't have hands in hair syndrome....as much *cough* and I'm just tired of complexity to make my hair grow. I simplified and I'm still getting good growth, so I've learned just to stick with that and see where this hair journey takes me. It's just funny how we grow along our journey to me. At first I was like...I WANT LONG HAIR AND I WANT IT NOW....now I've learned to have patience...and everything else falls into place!

RegaLady

Me to a T! :nono: I am sooooo busy since school started I ain't got time to deal with hair. But, it is growing! It is in braids now. And I just spray a good moisterizer in it, put it in a ponytail, and go. I see the variety of hair lengths among all women at school, and they ALL look nice. And I say to myself, " Is this obsession really THAT serious?":ohwell: I am just going with the flow!:grin: