Am I tripping or was this way too long for Twists?

naturalmanenyc

I spent the better part of the weekend taking out kinky twists and having new twists installed. The same hair was used but the style turned out totally different (different braiders). The technique was totally different, which I requested since the first set of kinky twists were slipping out after less than one week.

The style that I have in now, Senegalese twists, took 8 hours to install (APL length). I had more pieces installed on day two, another 3.5 hours so a total of 11.5 hours for 73 twists with feed in hair.

How long should it really take to install Senegalese twists on clean, dry natural hair?

ms.blue

Mine took about 8 hours and it was done by two ladies. My twists are hip length though which I believe contributed to the length of time it took.

Kinkyhairlady

naturalmanenyc said:
I spent the better part of the weekend taking out kinky twists and having new twists installed. The same hair was used but the style turned out totally different (different braiders). The technique was totally different, which I requested since the first set of kinky twists were slipping out after less than one week.

The style that I have in now, Senegalese twists, took 8 hours to install (APL length). I had more pieces installed on day two, another 3.5 hours so a total of 11.5 hours for 73 twists with feed in hair.

How long should it really take to install Senegalese twists on clean, dry natural hair?

What kind of hair did you use? It looks natural.

Rikinkkulus

Wow...I'm not sure what everyone else is talking about no offense, i've gotten butt lngth twists and they took six hours consistently, the one time it took 9 hours i discovered the woman hadn't a clue what she was doing but you shouldn't be mad girl those twists look natural, they look good!

Phaer

The lenght of time, I think depends on how thick your hair is, every time i get twists it takeaway 11-12 hours, and that is on a little past shoulder lenght.

naturalmanenyc

Thanks everyone. I thought the 5 hours style (kinky twists at the salon) were the norm.

The hair is a combination of Janet Collection Afro Kinky bulk 24 inches and Marley braid (Miracle brand that I never heard of until today). I bought the Janet hair for $8.99 a pack and the Marley braid was $4.99 per pack. We used Janet hair for the entire style yesterday and then today we went back and filled in the front more with Marley braid to make it fuller.

The Marley braid is a bit coarse and does not curl on the ends easily so the Janet hair is at the ends of most of the twists. It was curled with hot water and perm rods.