Amla and shikakai shampoo with reetha

nmfsc

Has anyone ever used this Indian shampoo before? I did a search on "shikakai" but didn't find anything. I washed my hair with this all natural shampoo last night after letting my hair marinate in Dabur Vatika oil all of Wednesday night and Thursday afternoon ( I was off and went to the gym). In any case, my hair felt like woven silk after using this shampoo. The smell is not the best, but it is so gentle, moisturizing, detangling and conditioning. One can almost forgo using a rinse out conditioner, but my hair needs that moisture.

I don't want to use any more commercial shampoos. The Vatika oil and amla/shikakai shampoo are now my staple shampoo routine when I shampoo my hair.

Sha76

I've use 1 bottle of it one when I was natural...I loved it, but since then I haven't been able to find it.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
What's difference in the purposes of Amla Oil and Vatika Oil??? Do they do the same thing for hair???

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
nmfsc said:
Has anyone ever used this Indian shampoo before? I did a search on "shikakai" but didn't find anything. I washed my hair with this all natural shampoo last night after letting my hair marinate in Dabur Vatika oil all of Wednesday night and Thursday afternoon ( I was off and went to the gym). In any case, my hair felt like woven silk after using this shampoo. The smell is not the best, but it is so gentle, moisturizing, detangling and conditioning. One can almost forgo using a rinse out conditioner, but my hair needs that moisture.

I don't want to use any more commercial shampoos. The Vatika oil and amla/shikakai shampoo are now my staple shampoo routine when I shampoo my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe it's spelled "Shikai."

nmfsc

I don't know for sure Sherry, but on my bottle it is spelled shikakai. Also, I meant a search here on this website for reviews, sorry for the mix up. There is lots of info about this oil, etc. on the net.

nmfsc

To help you out a little Poohbear:

Vatika provides natural nourishment
to your hair. Giving it body and radiance,
taking care of the critical balance of nutrients.

Vatika Hair Oil is a delicate mix of pure coconut
oil with special hair care herbs including henna, amla
and lemon. Blended together to strengthen each strand
of hair from within, making you look really gorgeous

Apply regularly on scalp and hair For best results, massage and leave it on overnight Proven to reduce hair fall and dandruff in clinical trials.

Amla oil can be used every day to maintain and nourish existing hair. For years, women in India have used this cooling formula to keep their long dark hair healthy and shiny. This oil does not color your hair so it can be enjoyed by everyone alike. With the daily damaging effects of weather, gels and hairsprays, it is very important to replace the hair will all the nourishment lost throughout the day. Amla Hair Oil will replace that nourishment.

Suggested use:
Massage a small amount of oil into the hair and scalp after each shampoo to give the hair a natural shine and keep the scalp healthy.

I have found that the Dabur Amla oil is not pure in the Indian store I have shopped. It has mineral oil and vegetable oil as its primary ingredients and that is why I choose to use the Vatika blend instead. There are websites that provide amla oil with more natural ingredients. HTH

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
nmfsc said:
I don't know for sure Sherry, but on my bottle it is spelled shikakai. Also, I meant a search here on this website for reviews, sorry for the mix up. There is lots of info about this oil, etc. on the net.

[/ QUOTE ]

If type "shikai" into your search engine you will get results...

Jen

I must be washing my hair wrong because I've made a tea with amla, aritha, and shikakai (fnwl names) powders to shampoo with before and it was okay. My scalp didn't feel any cleaner than before I washed that day

How are you mixing up your shampoo? Or are you buying a ready made brand?

nmfsc

I purchased the shampoo from an Indian grocery store that is already premixed. The brand name is Ayur herbal shampoo amla&shikakai.

Puddles

On Cloud 9
It doesn't have sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate in it, does it?

[size=+1]Shikai Moisturizing Shampoo

Ingredients: Purified water, aloe vera(aloe barbadensis)gel, Shikai extract(acacia concinna), olefin sulfonate, cocoamidopropyl hydroxysultaine, cocoamide MEA, glycerin(vegetable), salt, panthenol, methyl/propyl paraben, natural fragrances.
[/size]

Lovelylocs

I have Amla oil, Amla powder, shikakai powder, and the shikakai shampoo bar.
So far, I have only used the Dabur Amla oil. My hair is in better condition, but it sheds too much when I rinse it out in the shower. I hope that the other stuff gives me better results.

LABETT

I tried this shampoo 2 years ago and threw it out because it left my hair very dry-I bought mine from a local Indian Store.

LABETT

did you do a moisturizing DC after shampooing?
Yes,I use a moisturizing DC afterwards,I should have used a moisturing poo or a pre poo treatment before the shampoo may have made a difference.
The shampoo did leave my scalp very clean and fresh.

hot_pepper96

Just in case anyone wanted another to site to order from, drugstore.com sell these Shikai Shampoos. Whenever I order from this site, my product always come pretty fast.

aja1121

I was told by my Indian neighbor that Shikai is a brand name and Shikakai is the actual herb.