Henna Cream Conditioning Shampoo review

Boadicea

Ladies, I have found my hair's shampoo shangri-la!
Because Dabur Amla and Vatika oils (I was calling it "Alma" like a dope, but it's really "Amla". I JUST noticed that TODAY after using it for so long.
) are so hard to find, I greedily snatched up whatever I could from the Indian grocery. While stuffing Amla oil and Vatika oil into my basket, I happened across Dabur Vatika Henna Cream Conditioning Shampoo. I looked around to make sure no one was watching my inner PJ emerge and dashed to the check-out counter.

I was a little apprehensive because it has henna in it, but I wanted to try it out anyway. As soon as I opened the bottle, the whole bathroom was filled with this wonderful, warm, spicy scent. I can't describe it, but it smells great to put it mildly. I actually climbed out of the shower, donned a towel and padded into the living room to tell my mom to smell my hair!

After sudsing up, I took note of the experience: a generous amount of suds from only a quater size dallop, fambulous scent, great slip in the hair, softness building up by the second.

Even after rinsing my hair, it was still velvety soft and when I looked in the mirror (with wet hair) I had this incredible shine to my hair. I mean like "break out the Raybans" shine. This has never happened with other shampoos. Other shampoos always left my hair hard and with a dull sheen. I didn't use any conditioner and I could get the comb through my hair. I could never do that with any other shampoo except Creme of Nature. I couldn't help washing my hair three times.

Here's a little info about the shampoo: click here

It's an SLS (possibly SLES) shampoo, but I'm in
I can see myself buying it again.

There are other Vatika shampoos but this is the only one I've tried. I'm looking foward to trying out the other ones.
Dabur Vatika Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
Dabur Vatika Body and Bounce Shampoo
Dabur Vatika Conditioning Shampoo
Dabur Vatika Gentle Cleansing Shampoo
Dabur Vatika Nourishing Cream Shampoo

Dabur Vatika Nourishing Hair Shampoo

For a list of Indian Groceries in your area (U.S. only): http://www.thokalath.com/grocery/index.php

Also, if anyone outside of the U.S. that would like to try it, I'll be happy to pick up a bottle and ship it to you if you give me the money.

shell

Thanks for the info. Did you notice this has formaldehyde in it? Call me paranoid, but after hearing the SLS and SLES are toxic, I would be concerned about using a known carcenogen on my scalp, which can absorb this chemical. Just an FYI--be careful.

blackbeauty398

I haven't tried the henna but the Dabur Vatika Anti-Dandruff Shampoo is to die for too. I was still in mourning over the loss of my sap moss shampoo but this surely made me get over it quickly.

araceli2418

Bumping.

I want to hear more about this. I'm hoping other users will discuss their experiences with these shampoos. My scalp is naturally itchy so I use a lot of peppermint oil but lately it has been ridiculous. I've had to change my clarifying from every other week to every week. However, I'm starting to wonder if I need to switch the cowashes to poowashes.

Lovelylocs

I wan to hear more about Dabur shampoos too. They look tempting. Right now I just use a shikakai bar. It works great but I need another shampoo to alternate it with. One that is more moisturizing.

Lovelylocs

i tried it today. i have conditioner in my hair right now. i prepooed with amla oil then washed with the henna conditioning shampoo. it was okay, but it wasnt that moisturizing. i was happy that it didnt tangle my hair though. i need a retouch badly and usually around this time my hair is hard to comb through. it isnt tho.

Lovelylocs

okay, now that i have the conditioner in my hair, i think i may see why people may like it. As I was rolling my hair it did feel kinda silkier than usual. I'm still not sure tho. i am going to wait until i take the rollers out.

teysmith

I bought this shampoo today! It smells so nice. I havent used it yet though...
Who else is/has used this before! I want to know more before I slap it into my hair!

Ms_CoCo37

I've oggled that shampoo every time I go to my local indian market, but like you, I was a little apprehensive to give it a try. Now you have me wanting to try it.:lick: