Amplified version!

happyyogi

Hey ladies! I was recently telling someone that I am having a hard time reading the Bible. And I KNOW that if I wanna go anywhere (which I want to soooo badly) in my walk with the Lord, then I must read and study His word. I was told that I should look into getting the Amplified version of the Bible. So, I was wondering... where do I start? Is there a certain "kind" I should be looking for? And do you all recommend any sites/stores I can purchase it from. Also, any other recommendations of reading material that helps with understanding and getting me started would be GREATLY appreciated! TIA

Ah, the great bible version question! LOL!

I've also heard that the Amplified bible is a great bible for easy reading. Currently I use the NIV bible. Also, check out e-sword.com. It's a great site. :)

I use the NIV as my main bible, but I do have a bible that has a the KJV and Amplified version in one, which makes it easier to understand.

The amplified version is very good for your own personal studies. It expands the Word to help make things a little clearer for you. I would not suggest you bring it to church with you. The NIV is a better choice.

The New Living Translation (NLT) is a good translation of the bible. The NLT is an actual thought-by-thought translation (translateed into the equivalent meaning) from the Greek/Hebrew bible as is the NIV, whereas the King James is a word-for-word translation that stays as close as possible to the words and sentence structure of the original, whereas the Living Bible is a paraphrase of the bible.

I think the best bible to get if you are into actual study of the bible is a Parallel Bible. It contains multiple versions. For instance you can find a parallel bible with King James Version, New International Version, Amplied and/or New Living Translation all in one.

Last edited:
The Amplified version is great. My dad, when he was preaching more, used it for his study and sermon writing. He still uses it for study, along with the KJV and some others.

It's funny this just came up, my brother and I had a discussion about this this past weekend. I have an amplified bible. It expands the verses so you get the full meaning in the hebrew and greek. My brother likes it. He said it gets the verses of Paul right, and Paul is difficult to get the proper meaning from. You may want to use whatever your pastor uses, it makes it less confusing to study along with. Most use the NKJ version. Joyce Meyers used to use the amplified bible. I think she sometimes reads the same verse out of multiple versions tho. I havent watched her in a while.

Back