Head damage got me...I chopped AGAIN :( Pics

Endlesslegs

You are such a pretty lady!

And I hate that you had to cut your hair off from the damage but here is what I have done to work with my 4b hair...and I feel like it took me ten years to finally get along with it and learn a routine.

My main thing is only using creamy products, cold pressed EVOO, humectants such as honey and vegetable glycerine to hold in moisture, and keeping my styles simple to where I don't manipulate it much.

I used to use black soap to shampoo but I switched to using a creamy shampoo (Suave shampoo plus conditioner) to keep my hair from getting stripped and squeaky clean.

I also use Tresseme conditioner but I take the portion that I use to slather in my hair after washing (about 1/2 a cup because I have a lot of thick 4b hair) and I add about a teaspoon of cold pressed EVOO to it.

I don't deep condition but after I wash my hair in twists, I spray each twist with a little vegetable glycerine mixed with distilled water (about 1 table spoon to 1 cup of distilled water) then I put a little of my leave in conditioner mix (1 cup of Cantu Leave in conditioner mixed with 2 table spoons cold pressed EVOO and 1 tablespoon honey...mix until creamy and light green) on each twist and retwist with just that.

I don't oil my scalp but I do spray my scalp every night with a mix of 2 tea spoons Hollywood tea tree oil, 1 teaspoon cold pressed EVOO, and 1 1/2 cups of distilled water.

Or you can just purchase Smooth and Shine Tea tree and Olive oil Braid and Weave spray. It leaves your scalp feeling cool, tingly, and your hair at the root moisturized.

Don't manipulate your hair too much. 4b hair pretty much has to just do it's thing and it is happier when it is put in very simple styles like braids, cornrows, and twists.

Twistouts are alright also as long as you can retwist the sections without combing through every night.

Hope this helps fellow 4b'er. :)

Thank you! This was very helpful! and a reminder that I should add some EVOO to the glycerine aloe spray mix I made last night. Ive always felt like creamy products won't penetrate my hair enough so never really gave them a shot, but I'll try them out now. thanks again

bones

Aww sucks you got heat damage:sad: But I love your big chop, it really suits you and shows off your pretty face.

Leeda.the.Paladin

Lovely lady!! I'm sure you will make awesome progress this time around. Don't despair!

I have never trusted BKTs and this furthers my distrust.