Big Chopped Again! Pictures

Seamonster

Hi,

I have been growing back my bald spots for quite a while. The one thing no one mentions about growing back bald spots are those short tuffs of hair intermingled with long thin pieces. I have been holding on to each hair for as long as possible, but the work to style was getting to be too much. Seems like everyone wants a change for the summer, so memorial day week end I big chopped those thin ends. It will take quite a few more cuts to really get to the style I want, but I am going to enjoy every haircut on the journey.

This summer, I am rocking this cute little pixie bob. I was a little embarrassed by the shortness of my hair, but I am now happy with how thick it looks. Hope I can hold on to my hair this time.

I enclosed the long video of me cutting for those who like to watch haircut videos like I do, but the pictures are below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOYN47WYsxc

Right after cut, I was shocked by the height I was able to achieve in the crown. Love that crown.

Tried to do twist, but I don't have skills yet, still I was happy to see some hang time on my ears.

The twist out, I liked the shine on my hair, nice cut, lol

Check out the bang, I am so happy with this cute little twisted bang. This is a week and a half later. My twist still look like crap,lol, they are only three days old:lachen:

MzSwift

Wow! Congratulations!!
To me, it always feels good to start with a fresh head of hair. Now you can put into practice what you've learned about your hair and see if flourish!

HHG, pretty lady!

SmilingElephant

Girl i thought you went and shaved your head bald! And then i saw the pics i was like...look at all that hair!!:love:

*goes to watch video*

Awwww....its cute Seamonster! I wish i had a fro bang too!:yep:

Last edited:

Leslie_C

That is as cute as can be!

BTW what caused your bald spots? It has happened to me a couple of times over the past 10 years or so and I never found out the cause...I thought it was relaxers for me but who knows. I had large areas that looked like peach fuzz in the middle of my head:sad:....I had a comb over to cover it up..:nono:. I dont remember what I did, but they grew back in both times. The same area I had bald spots before is the same area I struggle with dryness and breakage now. Im wondering if the follicles are damaged.

Seamonster

Leslie_C the only dianosis I have is alopecia areata also known as sudden baldness. The cause is unknown. But my hair falls out when I am under too much stress.

Leslie_C

@Leslie_C the only dianosis I have is alopecia areata also known as sudden baldness. The cause is unknown. But my hair falls out when I am under too much stress.

Thanks...could have been my issue as well...if it ever happens again Ill go to a dermatologist. Your hair is beautiful! :)

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Your cut looks wonderful! The shape is very flattering. I would never have guessed that you had trouble with balding spots. :)

ajoke

Leslie_C said:
Thanks...could have been my issue as well...if it ever happens again Ill go to a dermatologist. Your hair is beautiful! :)

Is the baby in the AVI yours? If so, your bald spots could be related to the pregnancy or postpartum shedding. I had those.
Cute baby by the way.

And well done OP, it's best to have a fresh start.