And the WORST relaxer goes to....

simplycee said:
Motions (all versions)

The jar should have a disclaimer that reads: results are temporary, hair will revert when washed due to inability to relax.

I used Motions herbal and had the same results. Initial results were good but a week or so after that it was over.

Vitale L&B tops my list. With Affirm it took over a year to see the effects. Mizani was just TOO HARSH for my scalp and hair.

Last edited:
Motions Oil...burns and leaves hair underprocessed. I think it would be good though if we post the worst relaxer, but follow it up with what relaxer actually worked for us since we all have different hair types and all. Unfortunately, I haven't found a good relaxer.

simplycee said:
Motions (all versions)

The jar should have a disclaimer that reads: results are temporary, hair will revert when washed due to inability to relax.

YES YES YES!!!!

You are in my head girl...Motions sucks.

miracle said:
Mizani. Burned the mess out of my scalp. I think it actually set my SOUL on fire!!!! :mad: :mad:

Me too! And then I had wavy roots when I washed my hair 5 days later. I will NEVER use Mizani again. :ohwell:

Ultra Sheen took my hair out in clumps and my hair turned red/orange. Fabulaxer created breakage. And Optimum burned the crap out of my scalp. I was so glad when Cream of Nature came on the market.

simplycee said:
Motions (all versions)

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Motions was the best unintentional texturizer I have ever used.

Mizani lye was way too strong for my hair-my hair was limp for months
Affirm lye- this one is sneaky:angeldevi -it took me years to realize it was drying and thinnin out my hair:mad:

I had a designer's touch waaay back in the day and i looked like i had just washed my hair instead of relaxing

jaiku said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Motions was the best unintentional texturizer I have ever used.

Dark and Lovely should have this disclaimer also. I have one side straight and one side texturized.

It is interesting that so many people are agreeing about the same ones.

Anyway, I did try to relax with Motions (the herbal one) once. It did not soften my new growth at all! I threw that crap out!!!

And the award goes to.......

*rips open envelope*........

Motions for Worst Relaxer! :clapping:
:Flahsssss
*cheesy awards music plays* :violin: :band2:

Motions could not be here to accept the award so the trash has decided to take home the award on its behalf.

MissFallon said:
Dark and Lovely should have this disclaimer also. I have one side straight and one side texturized.

I take this back....I am back to being almost 5 months post because that dark and lovely had my hair kinda sort straight for about 7 days. It was like a wash out relaxer....as soon I as I washed my hair it went back to its natural state. I'm done with relaxers...i'm going natural.

Wow!! I thought the results would be more varied. The some relaxers keep popping up. Maybe this will curve my realxer hoeism.

ummm...don't throw rocks at me, but I kind of liked Motions....

I need a new relaxer, since I'm not going to the stylist anymore (he used Affirm, which was just ok), and I really really don't want to pay $100+ for Phyto. Maybe I should start a thread on GOOD relaxers...

Back