And the WORST relaxer goes to....

DulceKisses

High Fashion
FIBERGUARD!!!!!!!!!!

At first I thought it was all good. I relaxed 100% virgin hair from root to tips, left on for 4-6 minutes (including application and smoothing) rinsed and saw hairs in the sink nothing to panic about, I thought they were from shedding cuz I was all natural. Come to find out I have 1 inch sections in my head where apparently the hair was burned off. I also cannot KEEP moisture in my hair since this applying this relaxer. My hair is brittle and dry, still breaks a little in about 1/8 peices here and there. It seems like it left a film on my hair as well.
Oh and did I mention my hair is reverting all ready all the way to the tip!!!! WTH

Anyways Im slowly gaing control of the breakage with the help of Keraphix, ORS replenshing paks, ORS oilve oil otion and CW's. Will try Phyo Index 2 next.

But hands down for me its Affrim's FIBERGUARD MILD

MissFallon

Camille429 said:
ummm...don't throw rocks at me, but I kind of liked Motions....

I need a new relaxer, since I'm not going to the stylist anymore (he used Affirm, which was just ok), and I really really don't want to pay $100+ for Phyto. Maybe I should start a thread on GOOD relaxers...

There is a thread out there on good relaxers. ORS Olive Oil relaxer is really good many ppl on here have had great results with it.

**Tasha*Love**

I tried the new Empress relaxer (developed by the same people that make Re-gro). My hair in the front feels like I have never had a perm. And its only been a week. I have been noticing shedding and breakage. :mad:

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
MissFallon said:
What's the worst relaxer you have ever used?

Today I went to get my regular ORS relaxer but Rite Aid was sold out, so I picked up Dark and Lovely. It is the worst relaxer I have ever used. My hair was all hard and after conditioning softened only a little. Plus I had to moisturize after the rollerset (which I never do) because my hair was so dry.

What relaxer did you use that you thought was the absolute worst?

Girl I got to second you on that one. I picked up dark n lovely one time when they were all out of Soft n Beautiful.....before I switched to ORS and man did that stuff underprocess my hair! Boooooo

ORS is excellent!:D

sprungonhairboards

brownbarbie said:
MissFallon:

I have to agree with you on the Dark & Lovely. That mess was notorious for taking women's hair out in the 80s.

I see they still haven't changed the formula.....

I was a victim. And back then I used Super :lol: No shedding or breakage, just falling CLEAN OUT from the roots. Man I can laugh about it now but I was emotionally scarred for a minute, Nightmares and everything.

Last edited:

mahogany66

DulceKisses said:
FIBERGUARD!!!!!!!!!!

At first I thought it was all good. I relaxed 100% virgin hair from root to tips, left on for 4-6 minutes (including application and smoothing) rinsed and saw hairs in the sink nothing to panic about, I thought they were from shedding cuz I was all natural. Come to find out I have 1 inch sections in my head where apparently the hair was burned off. I also cannot KEEP moisture in my hair since this applying this relaxer. My hair is brittle and dry, still breaks a little in about 1/8 peices here and there. It seems like it left a film on my hair as well.
Oh and did I mention my hair is reverting all ready all the way to the tip!!!! WTH

Anyways Im slowly gaing control of the breakage with the help of Keraphix, ORS replenshing paks, ORS oilve oil otion and CW's. Will try Phyo Index 2 next.

But hands down for me its Affrim's FIBERGUARD MILD

I totally AGREE with you 100%!!!!!

Healthb4Length

Arosci Texturizing relaxer. Man that stuff nearly ruined me! It made my hair tangle something fierce! And on top of that I had serious shedding, I don't think I'll use it again but now I'm stuck with a 5lb tub of the stuff and IDK what to do with it.

BklynHeart

I think its called Designers' Touch by Dudley's? Well, my hair was straight for the first week. After that, it looked like I never had a perm.:lol:

SILKE74

We might as well say that all relaxers are bad because I think all of you have at least named every relaxer I've heard of but mines was Dark and Lovely

napgurl

The worst is Motions. Clumps of hair was coming out. Mizani saved the day! My hair is loving Mizani.

dreamgurl

MIZANI!!!

Hate it...hate it...hate it I tell ya! That relaxer set me back some length. I had to get my hair cut in a Bob because it burned my hair out in the back. You're talkin' about somebody ticked. Another problem was that it never got my hair straight and it burned my scalp before the stylist could smooth the relaxer.

I could have already met my goal (mid-back) if I didn't have to get the huge chop!

Divine Inspiration

:lol: @ the contrast between the two posts above mine.

For me, the worst would have to be Motions...that was last year, and I haven't relaxed since.

GinnyP

beana said:
Mizani Rhegular lye and Affirm.... I know many women have success with these two but they ruined my hair! Luckily phyto stopped my search for the perfect relaxer
Same here, Mizani and the crazy hair dresser is the culprit that broke all my hair off in 2003, I am still struggling with a short spot in my crown area and Affirm caused hair breakage as well, but I take it as a blessing, I would have never ever found this hair board.