And then what...

I don't have a goal. I just want healthy relaxed hair. If it gets long, then that's fine. If it stays short and healthy, that's fine too.

I think about this all the time but I really don't know what I'll do when I reach my hair goal. I am having trouble deciding what that even is :lol:, everytime I reach a goal I want to grow it out even longer! When I am content with my length, I will maintain it and probably cut bangs or something...just something small to change it up. Been thinking about dyeing it but that's a major step!

I have been to my goal and back and each time I get there something happens and I have some sort of setback :nono: So technically if I ever get there and stay there I'll just work on maintaining it, or shift my focus to something else, like thickening it or my fitness. :yep:

I don't know what my final goal length is anymore because I've developed the infamous LHCF Hairorexia. Whatever length I decide to stick with I'm getting it cut into a "U" shape and maintaing that. I LOVE the way long hair looks in a "U" cut.

I agree with maintaining it. My hair goal is bsl stretched but honestly, I am getting a bit bored with it. I want to switch things up by getting highlights to try to combat that.

I think after my hair reaches around w'hip length stretched, i'll be done with the whole hair journey thing. I'm starting to get bored with it honestly. So 2013 may be my last year of LHCF.

I think after i hit my goal of Hip, i just want to do a nice 1-2 inch trim back to whip and maintain it there and just go on about my life.

Thats how I felt this year ... like I was so over my hair. I wasnt even going to renew my membership if not for the entertainment and e-hair friends Ive made here.

the subscription is worth the entertainment value :lachen:

my goal is WL. i will maintain it. i really want to be able to experience trying different updos and buns without having to worry about not having enough length. but i am always changing. i may have a moment and cut if off, etc....

This!!!!!
unfortunately with my shrinkage I will need to be at least BSL to start realizing that freedom

Oh and I'll maintain at WHIP length stretched (probably will still look like a fro shrunken :lachen: )

I would love to have my twists hit APL/BSL :yep:

My goal is waist length. I haven't thought about it honestly... I mean, I want to flat iron it and rock the hot sauce out of it... but I'm lazy and in the habit of protective styling so I'm sure I'll be rocking buns lol. Once I get to my goal, I'll just maintain.

My current goal is w/hip length but Honestly?...I have no idea. I think I would go a little wild and get some bold highlights or wear my hair is some bodacious, crazy, can't-take-no-more super thick slap-u-silly curls.

But really I don't have an exit strategy lol. I'm like a puppy chasing cars, I have no idea what I would do when I finally catch one.

I think my goal length is BSL curly. So I guess that comes to around MBL or longer when straight. After I reach that goal I'm going to keep going til its full and completely healthy. Then I'm going to experiment with color.

I do not have a specific goal. When I am there, I will know. If I get bored, I will cut and/or color.

Reached my goal a few months ago (full APL length). I'm no longer protective styling - i've been wearing it down every day and I will not cut it (will see if it grows to BSL - I'm 2 inches away).

I just want beautiful, waist length hair when dry. After I reach that goal, I will work on learning different styling techniques.

I think that I'll maintain it at between WL and HL. I'm definitely not going to cut it short and have to start over again. This is the second time I'm growing to WL. This is the last time :drunk: Then maintenance mode...

My goal is MBL stretched. I just want long hair so I can be lazy and throw it in a bun or twists that will actually look ok in a ponytail. I may experiment with flat ironing once a year or something....but i have a feeling i will be too lazy for that as well. Smh.

If it gets longer, great but i'll probably maintain if I ever get to waist. It all seems so far off.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using LHCF

When I reach my goal, which is APL I'm going to wear my hair out more and straightened at least 50% of the time. I'm also going to wear my two strand twists with ALL of my own hair instead of adding hair in for the hang effect. I think once I reach APL even with all of my shrinkage, my twists, twistouts and braidouts should at least hang just past my ears. Other than the styles I'm just going to maintain it and keep it healthy.

My goal is BSL stretched. When I get there I will enjoy it by wearing it out, lots of updo's, messy buns etc. But ultimately I'll maintain it, keep it healthy.

Full SL curly is my goal that or APL minitwists. I don't know what that equals to when straightened. I only straighten once a year if that so if it's in my genes to get to outrageous lengths then I'll be all for it. I've been stuck at BSB for the longest so even WL looks like a faraway dream for me.

Once I get to my first goal of wl stretched hair, I'll then decide if I'm satisfied or not. I honestly just want enough hair to be apl when my hair is in its natural curly state. Right now my longest layer is about 1/2 an inch past bsl.
I'll eventually experiment with color and learning new techniques. I still haven't mastered a braid out, twist out, or even a roller set. So I have a lot to keep me busy.

Just like I'm doing when I reached my weight loss goals....maintain! :yep: Once I get to my hair goal length, I'll of course wear different styles (other than just protective) that show off my length and I'll keep maintaining the healthy hair practices that got me to my goal length.

If I'm really bold, after a few years, I might get an edgy cut :look:

Aviah said:
Will you do after you reach your ultimate goal?

I always wanted my final goal to be MBL- Waist as a natural. Now its in its prime form, soft, healthy, strong, shiny... and I think I'm getting over it-now within 2 inches of BSL. Its really just hair (but I do love it)

I have a nagging suspicion I'll get bored and cut it or relax it. Brazilian blowdry at the least.

You?

I reached my goal a while ago. Hair isn't as exciting as it once was. I enjoy the length and make sure I keep protecting my hair.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

You know what? My hair journey will be over in 2013...but i think I'll invest in buying my top notch favorite quality products like Oyin and Curl Junkie.

Long hair is "old" and needs more nourishment.

That's my story and im sticking to it! :sekret: lol

Sent from my Teleportation Device

I have reached my goal now I am just maintaining.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

My hair just does not retain so it'll be a miracle if I reach BSL like I want to...but back to dreaming, I want bsl fully, front and back, maybe a little bit past my bewbs. Once I get to that, I'm getting highlights, maybe a blunt cut to apl, then leaving it alone.

I think after my hair reaches around w'hip length stretched, i'll be done with the whole hair journey thing. I'm starting to get bored with it honestly. So 2013 may be my last year of LHCF.

I think after i hit my goal of Hip, i just want to do a nice 1-2 inch trim back to whip and maintain it there and just go on about my life.

Uhhhhahhhh....iono:look: *In the voice of Katt Williams*:grin: I still feel this way...as in, once i reach WL i will kinda be done with the whole journey part...the actively growing it out phase.

But i would keep letting it grow until it is WL curly...meaning that would be my limit of growing my hair. Especially bc i like how i look with my curls. So i guess id be HL or TBL straightened for that. Im learning that my hair grows more "down" and less "out"

I'm over it. I reached my goal and then some. I enjoy wearing it out more often though I still ps. It's still growing but I don't length check and all that. :)

Back