Another Ends Thread....

janiebaby

So in my current hair obsession :sekret: I've noticed that while I do not have split ends I do have bent ends and it is driving me crazy :( . I saw a former thread that had a chart in it that explained that these are actually split ends in that I need to get trimmed. Sooooooooooo.......I've decided to trim them one by one:antlers: I can't possibly let go of my current length and the rest of my healthy ends. Please tell me I'm not crazy, has anyone thought of doing this or has done this?Here is the link to the thread I'm referring to http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=108396&highlight=bent+ends

Last edited:
I have heard of people doing this, like a search & destroy...
Personally I have done this too. If I see a bent end I just wack it off ,if you don't cut it eventually it will break of on its own.

I had those for the first 7 months of my hair journey. I gradually cut them all off. They are thought to be the results of overprocessing and heat damage. It's called [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Trichorrhexis nodosa.[/FONT]
hair_twh_74_03.jpg
image006.jpg

This is an explosion of the cortex at a single point on the hair. It looks like a tiny white bead on the hair, and can lead to hair breakage. It is a classic sign of cosmetic and chemical over-treatment of the hair. So its appearance should always prompt the thought, 'What is this person doing to the hair more than the rest of us are doing?

Source :http://www.pg.com/science/haircare/hair_twh_74.htm

Hair products with silk or keratin helped. I recently noticed all my favorite products either have keratin or silk or some combination of the two.

Last edited:
Those under the microscope pics were an eye opener. I wish I knew what is going on up on the top of my head but for some reason I seem to get major shedding or breakage, whichever, right around the third week after a relaxer I know I'm not supposed to do another one but I get really tempted.

sareca said:
I had those for the first 7 months of my hair journey. I gradually cut them all off. They are thought to be the results of overprocessing and heat damage. It's called [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Trichorrhexis nodosa.[/FONT]
hair_twh_74_03.jpg
image006.jpg

This is an explosion of the cortex at a single point on the hair. It looks like a tiny white bead on the hair, and can lead to hair breakage. It is a classic sign of cosmetic and chemical over-treatment of the hair. So its appearance should always prompt the thought, 'What is this person doing to the hair more than the rest of us are doing?

Source :http://www.pg.com/science/haircare/hair_twh_74.htm

Hair products with silk or keratin helped. I recently noticed all my favorite products either have keratin or silk or some combination of the two.

Thanks for the pics. I have never seen anything like that before. I have been noticing some of my ends looking like that too so I have been cutting them off as I see them. I might just break down and get a mild trim.

I tried every "mending" product on the market. Nothing fixed them but the scissors. :(

sareca said:
I tried every "mending" product on the market. Nothing fixed them but the scissors. :(

Thats what I was afraid of. Oh well, I am just going to cut them off and stop slacking on the henna treatments.

gymfreak336 said:
Thanks for the pics. I have never seen anything like that before. I have been noticing some of my ends looking like that too so I have been cutting them off as I see them. I might just break down and get a mild trim.

wow I think thats my problem. No matter what I do to my ends they always end up poofy and ragged looking compared to the roots and middle parts. I will slowly trim them off as I gain more length

JazzyDez said:
wow I think thats my problem. No matter what I do to my ends they always end up poofy and ragged looking compared to the roots and middle parts. I will slowly trim them off as I gain more length

My ends don't look as rough as they used to but when you look at some of them close up, you see the bend in them. I don't know why I still have some of these weak spots but I am going to get light trim in march and see if that helps. I think I might be overdoing it with my protien therefore makingmy ends brittle and more prone to breakage. :perplexed

Back