Another Hair Disaster!! ugh

Irresistible

http://public.fotki.com/IRRISISTABLBTCH/2004/liv_grease_fix/

yup thats the shedding from the Liv, i guess i cant tolerate good ole grease anymore...my hair was so so hard and dry. Nay ya know i aint mad atchu girl, cause your hair is just plain beautiful, so i just had to try it , but gurrrl , i dont know how you use that stuff
frown.gif

i just hope the shedding stops soon
ohwell.gif
*sigh*

what is LIV??? ive seen it mentioned but had no idea what it was....

im so sorry you had all that shedding....i hope it stops soon too!!
~T~

What??? That much shedding???
Sorry about that! But I have to say...

Your hair is still so VERY BEAUTIFUL!

[ QUOTE ]
flyjump00 said:
What??? That much shedding???
Sorry about that! But I have to say...

Your hair is still so VERY BEAUTIFUL!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah girl i was gettin scared to comb it anymore, i just have soaked in avocado butter right now for overnight to see if it helps. thank you girl, shedding is scarey cause i have seen first hand just how quick it can result in much thinner hair.
frown.gif

i hope that was it, i shall report back
ohwell.gif

Hey Iris, I was just stalking...uh, I mean viewing your album last night and spotted the Liv pics. Are you looking to replace shea butter for your press? Not that I have any suggestions, just being nosey.

[ QUOTE ]
OnceUponAtime said:
Hey Iris, I was just stalking...uh, I mean viewing your album last night and spotted the Liv pics. Are you looking to replace shea butter for your press? Not that I have any suggestions, just being nosey.

[/ QUOTE ]
laugh.gif
girl you are too funny,

nah i was just trying out the Liv cause i love Nay's hair and she uses it, so i had to try it out. i only used it to slick back my hair and i must admit it worked great for that, i loved it, but now i have this shedding and my hair felt terrible. im just hoping this overnight avocado butter works some kinda miracle
look.gif

hey, iris! sorry the Liv didn't work because your hair looks so shiny with it. do you comb your hair every day?

[ QUOTE ]
adrienne0914 said:
hey, iris! sorry the Liv didn't work because your hair looks so shiny with it. do you comb your hair every day?

[/ QUOTE ] hey girl
me sorry too *pout*
i might skip a complete comb through here and there girl, but this aint no skip a comb through type shedding, my hair aint shed like this in years (last time was when i was sick) so this aint normal for me at all, it just left my hair so hard and dry over the last few days resulting in this. i knew when i took it down i was in trouble cause hair was coming out in my hands already
frown.gif

the scarey thing is once i had it all combed through and was putting it back up again , it was still shedding, so i dont what to expect in the mornin

I use to use Liv on my hair when I was younger. It's really thick, but it use to lay it down. It has a greasy effect on my hair texture, but the shine my hair had was really nice. I don't remember whether or not my hair actually shed alot though.

Irrisistable, that is a good amount of hair loss, but look at all that hair u have! I have had similar amounts from time to time and my hair is only shoulder length (like when I was roughhandling my hair and blow drying with a skinny tooth comb!).

so do certain products applied to the hair(not scalp) REALLY make it shed more? I dont understand how it can affect more than the appearance/feel.

[ QUOTE ]
TigerLily said:
On no, Irresistible! Maybe you should try a protein treatment.

[/ QUOTE ]Im thinking more softening it up, cause it was hard and dry

[ QUOTE ]
Leslie_C said:
Irrisistable, that is a good amount of hair loss, but look at all that hair u have! I have had similar amounts from time to time and my hair is only shoulder length (like when I was roughhandling my hair and blow drying with a skinny tooth comb!).

so do certain products applied to the hair(not scalp) REALLY make it shed more? I dont understand how it can affect more than the appearance/feel.

[/ QUOTE ] yeah im not totally freaking out just yet, i know i could stand that loss without much trauma, but if it continues like that????? you know im gonna be freakin out. I'm scared to comb it this morning lol

thats the thing i did use it from scalp to ends....i really didnt expect any product would feel like this on my hair or do this besides maybe excessive, overusage of protien thats what it feels like , only without the protien.

[ QUOTE ]
blue_flower said:
I know to stay away from Liv! Don't worry, Irresistable. Your hair will be back to normal.

[/ QUOTE ] well look at Nay's hair
shocked.gif
i dont get it, its sure workin and workin well for her. but i know i cant use it. lets hope my hair goes back to normal soon, lets hope girl!!

i have to comb through it in a little while, will report back later on today

oh no, Irresistible. I'm sorry to hear about your shedding. I never experienced shedding with LIV, but it did leave my hair feeling dry after a couple of days. Don't worry, it will get better. At least you know what's causing the shedding.

I think a good softening conditioner would be a good try.

cry3.gif
cry3.gif

well this morning im still shedding, its less than last night but still way more than anything usual EVER for me.....*big sigh*.

might just the rest coming out that was still shedding when i was putting it back up last night, i dunno , but tonight if its not doing way better, then im gonna try somethin, what i dunno yet, but im'a have to do somethin.

im not really gettin how Liv could do all this.
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Iris, I was just stalking...uh, I mean viewing your album last night

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif

Girl don't feel bad. You are NOT alone!
grin.gif

My cousin's hair really thrives from using Liv, too. It just makes my hair feel stiff, dry and greasy.
ohwell.gif

Don't panic. My hair was shedding like a cat after using Long Aid Curl Activator Gel a few times. I know it was the LA because it was the only new product. Which is a shame because it made my hair feel sooooo soft when it dried.

After shampooing once or twice with Nutrine Garlic shampoo and mixing a few TBS of Nutrine Garlic conditioner with a cholesterol conditioner my hair was back to normal.
smile.gif

Say it ain't so
nono.gif
I'm so sorry to hear that.

Irresistible, you know I was just saying that you hate to rave about something and then someone else has disastrous results. Now my Liv has gone and done this to you
frown.gif

Girl, your hair is still beautiful. I'm sure after a little more TLC, it will stop all of this shedding madness.

From now on, though, I will be eyeing my Liv suspiciously, now that it has turned on my hair buddy.

[ QUOTE ]
Nay said:
Say it ain't so
nono.gif
I'm so sorry to hear that.

Irresistible, you know I was just saying that you hate to rave about something and then someone else has disastrous results. Now my Liv has gone and done this to you
frown.gif

Girl, your hair is still beautiful. I'm sure after a little more TLC, it will stop all of this shedding madness.

From now on, though, I will be eyeing my Liv suspiciously, now that it has turned on my hair buddy.

[/ QUOTE ] Do not feel bad Nay!! Dont you do it!!! its so not your fault at all one bit in the least.....that stuff works great on your hair and your hair is beautiful , i think anybody that eyes your hair is gonna wanna try what your using....i tried it, it just didnt work for me , that can happen with any product anytime. my hair will be fine, i just gotta come up with a plan for my wash tonight. to get the stuff out, i didnt rush to wash , cause it was so so dry, so i oiled it up with the Avocado butter first, it helped some. i just dont want you feeling bad girl.

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
My cousin's hair really thrives from using Liv, too. It just makes my hair feel stiff, dry and greasy.
ohwell.gif

Don't panic. My hair was shedding like a cat after using Long Aid Curl Activator Gel a few times. I know it was the LA because it was the only new product. Which is a shame because it made my hair feel sooooo soft when it dried.

After shampooing once or twice with Nutrine Garlic shampoo and mixing a few TBS of Nutrine Garlic conditioner with a cholesterol conditioner my hair was back to normal.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ] well its good to hear that im not alone and that sometime a product can do this for whatever odd reason. im gonna do a wash tonight..im scurred of the Garlic, but im'a come up with somethin....im not completely panicing just yet, close though lol

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Iris, I was just stalking...uh, I mean viewing your album last night

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif

Girl don't feel bad. You are NOT alone!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ] lol Tracy awww what a compliment girl, coming from you
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
adrienne0914 said:
nay, can i just say <font color="red">WOW!!!</font>
notworthy.gif

[/ QUOTE ] yup i would run out and use anything Nay uses , as you can see
laugh.gif

whew glad she only uses Liv
grin.gif
nothin else to run out and get, well besides her shampoo and conditioner.....
laugh.gif

Irresistible: did you wash your hair before or after the avacado oil? Also, what is this "liv" and what are the ingredients?

PS: here's a (((HUG))) for the shedding -- it WILL stop real soon 'cause you taking care of your hair . . .

I found liv to be very heavy and made my hair hard as well. I tried if after a suggestion from the board. I'm back to my good ole keracare cream hairdress. I find it light and does the job. Sorry to hear about your hair. Your hair seems strong and healthy and will recover.

Oh wow I was just admiring your Liv pictures a day or two ago I'm so sorry the shedding has hit I hope a little TLC will make it stop. My home pastor has 3 daughters who have always had waist length natural hair that they press and Live was the only product they ever used.

Back