Liv Review (this is for Nay especially)

Irresistible

ok Nay i finally tried the Liv....

at first i was kinda freakin out cause its white and creamy and looks like a relaxer
, but i got past that and slathered it all over , i was needing a straight up grease fix anyway, i was missing that shine and hold and hair that doesnt move
, after a magic mountain trip , and noticing my hair did not lay down through the day into the night like it used to with the grease...

anyway....i slathered it all on (used gobs like i do everything else) and went to comb....uhhh big mistake
i couldnt get a comb through my hair for nothin)...so i grabbed my watery leave in (african pride) and wet up my hair with it and worked the comb through...ahhh much better. i have to say this stuff did lay my hair down, and last? oh my did it last. ok so im sold, but i have questions??

do you go through build up with it containing the beeswax? how often do you put it all throughout your hair? and do you only use it on wet hair? (you must cause i sure couldnt comb it through till i wet it)

one more question....what do you do with your ends for your twist outs and braid outs? do you roll them? do you apply the Liv daily while wearing the braid out etc? how much would you say you use??

ok didnt mean to bombard you with questions, but i gotta know

cause you work that Liv and the Liv is workin for ya
with your pretty hair

oh and here are the Liv pics, i have to admit i am kinda lovin it , even with all that bad stuff in it

http://public.fotki.com/IRRISISTABLBTCH/2004/liv_grease_fix/

Nay

Irresistible, you crack me up! Yes, we all need an occasional "grease fix."
Who am I kidding? I'm a Liv junkie
Bouncy, swingy hair is over-rated. Ain't nothing wrong with heavy hair.

Anyway, to answer your questions, the way I use the Liv is I wash/condition my hair. Then as I'm making my sections for my twistout or braidout, I liberally spritz my hair with water and then slather the Liv in my hands and onto my hair. You should see how much I use!! By the time I'm finished twisting or braiding the hair, it's dripping this whitish water from the end (you know from the water and the Liv). I take my towel and blot the excess that's dripping, then move on to the next section.

Once I'm finished and my hair is dry the next day, I don't use any more Liv for the duration of the braidout or twistout. My hair just stays shiny for the whole next five days. Of course, I have to sleep with my satin scarf, or else the shine factor diminishes and the fuzz look starts happening.

I may have to spritz a little more water and Liv and a dab of gel on my edges and then tie them down for a minute, but I don't need to put any other product throughout the majority of my hair until it's time to wash again.

* Do I get Liv build-up? Not that I've noticed. And I can't remember the last time I used a clarifying shampoo (I think I stopped after your bad clarifying experience)

* For my braidout or twistout ends, I just kind of twirl the last inch of hair around my fingers until it's curly. That's one of the bonuses of having kinda coarse wooly hair

* When I use the Liv to press my hair, I don't use nearly as much. And I have to reapply a little bit every day because my pressed hair seems to just suck it up.

Well, I'm glad you didn't have a bad Liv experience. You hate to rave about stuff and then someone else gets disastrous results from it. By the way, your ponytail was looking extra dark and lovely! Later, Chica.

kitchen_tician

Wow, your hair looks great. Great shine!!! I've used LIV, but it seemed a little heavy for me. Now, I mix it with tons of other stuff for my homemade conditioner.

I too love grease/oil for great shine

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
Nay said:
Irresistible, you crack me up! Yes, we all need an occasional "grease fix."
Who am I kidding? I'm a Liv junkie
Bouncy, swingy hair is over-rated. Ain't nothing wrong with heavy hair.

Anyway, to answer your questions, the way I use the Liv is I wash/condition my hair. Then as I'm making my sections for my twistout or braidout, I liberally spritz my hair with water and then slather the Liv in my hands and onto my hair. You should see how much I use!! By the time I'm finished twisting or braiding the hair, it's dripping this whitish water from the end (you know from the water and the Liv). I take my towel and blot the excess that's dripping, then move on to the next section.

Once I'm finished and my hair is dry the next day, I don't use any more Liv for the duration of the braidout or twistout. My hair just stays shiny for the whole next five days. Of course, I have to sleep with my satin scarf, or else the shine factor diminishes and the fuzz look starts happening.

I may have to spritz a little more water and Liv and a dab of gel on my edges and then tie them down for a minute, but I don't need to put any other product throughout the majority of my hair until it's time to wash again.

* Do I get Liv build-up? Not that I've noticed. And I can't remember the last time I used a clarifying shampoo (I think I stopped after your bad clarifying experience)

* For my braidout or twistout ends, I just kind of twirl the last inch of hair around my fingers until it's curly. That's one of the bonuses of having kinda coarse wooly hair

* When I use the Liv to press my hair, I don't use nearly as much. And I have to reapply a little bit every day because my pressed hair seems to just suck it up.

Well, I'm glad you didn't have a bad Liv experience. You hate to rave about stuff and then someone else gets disastrous results from it. By the way, your ponytail was looking extra dark and lovely! Later, Chica.

[/ QUOTE ] Thank you so much for taking the time to answer all my questions....yeah girl the Liv is a winner in my book!! Im glad i finally tried it and thank you for constantly suggesting it ....i want to try it for a braid out too, but it had my pony tail just how i wanted it. i really have never had many issues with build up before with anything either, so im trusting it will be fine. hope i can get a braid out workin like yours with this stuff!! your braid outs are beautiful!!

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
[ QUOTE ]
i was missing that shine and hold and hair that doesnt move

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
lol Sassy

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
kitchen_tician said:
Wow, your hair looks great. Great shine!!! I've used LIV, but it seemed a little heavy for me. Now, I mix it with tons of other stuff for my homemade conditioner.

I too love grease/oil for great shine

[/ QUOTE ] I am so lovin the Liv, i cannot tell how this stuff lasted!! and held my hair, whew! i guess i need the heavy stuff , cause i sure was missin it. my pony tail felt all heavy , like it could slap me in the face really hard if i swung my head to quick
but i liked it like that

Leslie_C

is this the liv in the tube? I saw it on clearance for 2.49 at walgreens, maybe Ill pick it up...might work well on braidouts.