Another New Member

NeoMedusa

Hey everyone! I just found out about this messageboard today and had to come post. This is exactly right on time for my hair! I have short relaxed hair that is tore up and needs a real miracle. I haven't started a regimen but I am looking to start one immediatly. I want to know everything!! Someone already suggested a vitamin regimen of Biotin, MSM, Silica, Evening Primrose, and Flaxseed Oil, which I have no problem doing in order to get healthier hair. But what else can I do to stop breakage and just get my hair to grow and be more healthier all around. And I've been using Motions perms but I don't really like that, are there any other suggestions?

welcome, neomedusa!

i know you'll love it here. if you have specific issues, you should do a search on them. you'll get tons of results that will help. i have a few questions for you:

• what do you use to moisturize your hair?
• how often do you use heat?
• how often do you get a retouch?
• do you do your own retouches?

i really like the Affirm lye relaxer. it has great accompanying products that go with it that repair some of the damage done by the relaxing process.

adrienne

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
adrienne0914 said:
welcome, neomedusa!

i know you'll love it here. if you have specific issues, you should do a search on them. you'll get tons of results that will help. i have a few questions for you:

• what do you use to moisturize your hair?
• how often do you use heat?
• how often do you get a retouch?
• do you do your own retouches?

i really like the Affirm lye relaxer. it has great accompanying products that go with it that repair some of the damage done by the relaxing process.

adrienne

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you! I haven't been good to my hair neccessarily so I've just been moisturizing with whatever is at hand. Mostly Alternative's moisturizer. I don't use any heat except the blow dryer once a week. I do retouches myself every 3 months or so. I want to learn about good products but also how and when to use the products as well. I don't want to get too excited and do too much.

Hello and welcome to the board. The ladies here will give you excellent advice to help you find a regimen that works for you. Good luck! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Welcome to the board!

We are NOT feeling motions right now. See "motions comics" for why.
Anyway, I suggest:
Sleeping in a satin bonnet and put a satin pillowcase on your pillow.
Deep condition once a week w/heating cap or under bonnet dryer
pre-shampoo hot oil treatments
switch to seamless combs
put some kind of moisturizer on your ends daily.
That's all I can think of for now. See http://www.tenderheaded.com for some of the suggested products.
And keep reading the board, go thru old posts and do searches.

Hi Neo,
Just a question have you been trimming b/c you might want to have a trimm- not cuting schedule every2 months until your hair gets healthy. Another suggestion how about trying Aphogee protein recontructor and balancing moisterizer-you must use the moisterizer after the reconstructor and wait every 6 weeks for treatments, it helped me oh by the way it stinks, /images/graemlins/barf.gif no it really does.
BTW /images/graemlins/sekret.gif Neo, the (hair)Matrix has you.... /images/graemlins/cool.gif
/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I couldn't resist
hth

Hello and Welcome to the board.

All the questions I have had been asked already, so I'll just say enjoy your time here.

Also try the post: "Anyone here get's 1 inch or more a month?" If you sign in, at the bottom left hand side of the screen the hottest topics should be displayed. You can click on that link, and that's a post that might give you an ideas of what some of us ladies do.

Welcome NeoMedusa! I love that name!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Nothing like putting your hair goals in your moniker.

To stop breakage, I suggest doing a good protein treatment followed by a good moisturizer. Check past threads for recommendations on both types of conditioners. Our hair is dry, so the key is moisture, moisture, moisture. The ladies here all use really good products, so if you go thru past threads you'll see all types of recommendations based on whether you prefer cremes or products with thinner consistencies. Good luck!!

Welcome to the board /images/graemlins/grin.gif. I would suggest that you cut to blow drying, try air drying or hood drying (lower setting).

UmSumayyah's rite them things are very helpful in obtainin healthy hair and welcome to the board /images/graemlins/wave.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Lucia said:
by the way it stinks, /images/graemlins/barf.gif no it really does.
BTW /images/graemlins/sekret.gif Neo, the (hair)Matrix has you.... /images/graemlins/cool.gif
/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I couldn't resist
hth

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back