Another PhytoRelaxer Believer

MonaRae

I relaxed my hair with Index 2 and I tell ya there is no going back! I also bought the shampoo, conditioner, and moisturizer and I am ready to throw out all my chemical laden products!!!!!

I have fine (which is a lot thicker thanks to LHCF) hair that is very soft to the touch ~ translation ~ hair that will not hold a curl and freaks out at the site of dew! ~ end translation ~ Phyto makes my hair look and feel wonderful.

I found a strand of my own hair on my desk (this time lol!) and of course I tested the strand and it was very strong, not YET as strong as my co-worker but with Phyto I can see where it is very possible to get hair as strong as my white co-worker!

I :love: Phyto!
MonaRae

HoneyDew

I can't wait to use this. I tried it once last year and it underprocessed me badly. But all relaxers were doing that.

I finally had a relaxer work well for me. The only change in my hair care is that I stopped using cones as much and stopped grease all together. I used to layer cones on daily for shine and my leave in had cones. My current leave-in has no cones and I don't use it between washes. I used to ise grease 2 times a week. I think these were causing my relaxer to underprocess me.

The fact that a relaxer that previously under processed me finally worked after these changes, gives me hope with the Phytorelaxer. Well I hope - I have 2 kits!

I have also read many hints from the ladies here about proper application.

newflowers

Yea! I'm so glad that you liked Phyto. Which shampoos and conditioners are using? Is it the PhytoSpecific line or the Phytologie?

ETA: HoneyDew - I hope you like the Phyto when you try it as well - if not, I'll be happy to discuss those two boxes. ;)

MonaRae

I got the PhytoSpecific line. A sista in Sephora hooked me up big-time. She and her hair dresser used it on natural her hair.

Here's what I got:

Intense Nutrition Shampoo
Intense Nutrition Mask (condish)
Phyto 9 (moisturizer)

She also hooked me up with some freebies!

Phytoprogenium (shampoo - to be used after relaxer)
Phytodeferisant Botanical Hair Relaxing Balm (Anti-Frizz - I got that setting lotion reaction from this one)

I just can't keep my hands out of my hair! It feels so good. All this time I thougth it was just SC and now I know forsure it was a mixture of the climate and the products I was using. My hair is acting like it use to before I move here.

MonaRae

indefinite

That's great. My stylist used phyto on me for the first time Saturday. I'm like you, I've NEVER had my hair feel soooo good. I am (in my Mack 10 voice) ~phyto fo life!

avyance

Me too, Me too!!!

I used Phyto Index II this weekend and ladies I am in heaven!!!

My hair is doing things that it hasn't done since I can remember!!!!

I can't keep my hands out of it and I can't keep my hair out of my face!!!

My hair didn't break like usual and it feels so good!!!

I will never use another relaxer ever!!!!!! Unless, I just can't find Phyto....:perplexed

MonaRae

The price took me for a bit but I wish I tried it sooner! It is worth every penny!

I also bought a scalp stimulator called Phytopollene Elixir Universel. It is like a pre-poo that open the scalp.

Did I tell ya I love Phyot!
MonaRae

tnorenberg

Phyto is very gentle on the hair, but does the job. There is some great science behind the Phyto product line. You may be interested in checking out some of the older Phyto threads and their website.:)

Malice

Is it better than conditioning Lye relaxers? Have any of you happy phyto users go from a lye to phyto?

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Bumping for responses!

My dilemma between trying ORS Lye vs. Phyto has become that much more debilitating.

Someone help me make the decision before this weekend is up.

There's a Sephora near my job, so Phyto is within reach. But I still haven't truly given up on the ORS, either.:confused:

Don't know what to do, and Mona, your experience is really pushing me there. (By the way, our hair texture is the same: VERY fine, VERY soft, won't hold a curl to save its life!)

MonaRae

nelli711 said:
This is making me want to try phyto. Mona, if you don't mind, what is your hair type?

I have yet to master hair types but I think I am a 4A. I have fine, soft hair it that makes a difference.

MonaRae

MonaRae

Malice said:
Is it better than conditioning Lye relaxers? Have any of you happy phyto users go from a lye to phyto?

That just what I did. My last relaxer was Mizani (Regular - used in the back and Mild - used in the front don't ask! My hair dresser did this b/c the textures were really night and day!)

My hair just feels so strong! And as the days go by less and less hair is breaking off. I even brought a brush yesterday b/c now I feel my hair can take it!

Did I tell ya I love Phyto!
MonaRae

MonaRae

Serenity_Peace said:
Bumping for responses!

My dilemma between trying ORS Lye vs. Phyto has become that much more debilitating.

Someone help me make the decision before this weekend is up.

There's a Sephora near my job, so Phyto is within reach. But I still haven't truly given up on the ORS, either.:confused:

Don't know what to do, and Mona, your experience is really pushing me there. (By the way, our hair texture is the same: VERY fine, VERY soft, won't hold a curl to save its life!)

Do what's best for you! But I will say that for our texture (fine and soft) I believe Phyto is the best. B/c of the texture our hair can not afford to lose any amount of protein and that why I think Phyto is best. Instead of breaking it down it builds it up! I just can't explain how strong my hair is with just one use.

The Sista that hooked me up (in Atlanta by the way Lenox Square Mall) told me to try it for six months, that should give me what I'm looking for. She said that Phyto actually nurtures the scalp allowing it to produce its natural oil (as nature intended). I may just be high on Phyto but I believe it the next best thing to being natural!!!!! YES I SAID IT!!!!

I try my best to say as close to natural as possible but with my hair I just could not handle being el natural. And believe me when I tell you that I hated that but found no way around it. Years ago I tried that all natural relaxer from South America :mad: and it eat my hair for dinner :mad: :mad: . It was horrible and I believe that is what took me so long to try Phyto. But with all the reports here on this site I felt confident enough to give it a try.

MonaRae

mahogany66

Welcome Aboard.. I am truly a Phyto Fan. My hair is also thin and I get amazing results with phyto.. I just relaxed saturday and my hair is butter soft and straight without burns or the tight itchy scalp that other relaxers would give . :)

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
MonaRae said:
Do what's best for you! But I will say that for our texture (fine and soft) I believe Phyto is the best. B/c of the texture our hair can not afford to lose any amount of protein and that why I think Phyto is best. Instead of breaking it down it builds it up! I just can't explain how strong my hair is with just one use.

The Sista that hooked me up (in Atlanta by the way Lenox Square Mall) told me to try it for six months, that should give me what I'm looking for. She said that Phyto actually nurtures the scalp allowing it to produce its natural oil (as nature intended). I may just be high on Phyto but I believe it the next best thing to being natural!!!!! YES I SAID IT!!!!

I try my best to say as close to natural as possible but with my hair I just could not handle being el natural. And believe me when I tell you that I hated that but found no way around it. Years ago I tried that all natural relaxer from South America :mad: and it eat my hair for dinner :mad: :mad: . It was horrible and I believe that is what took me so long to try Phyto. But with all the reports here on this site I felt confident enough to give it a try.

MonaRae

Wow! Thanks for the explanation. I think I will try this. I appreciate you taking the time out to talk more about Phyto. BTW, I'm originally from Atlanta and you're bringing back Lenox Square Mall stories big time!;)

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
mahogany66 said:
Welcome Aboard.. I am truly a Phyto Fan. My hair is also thin and I get amazing results with phyto.. I just relaxed saturday and my hair is butter soft and straight without burns or the tight itchy scalp that other relaxers would give . :)

Did you use Phyto Index I or II, since you have fine, thin hair.

MonaRae

Serenity_Peace said:
Wow! Thanks for the explanation. I think I will try this. I appreciate you taking the time out to talk more about Phyto. BTW, I'm originally from Atlanta and you're bringing back Lenox Square Mall stories big time!;)

I was there for training all last week and loved it. Beautiful Mall by the way! It was the first time I saw valet parking for a Mall and I'm from NY!!!!!

MonaRae

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
MonaRae said:
I was there for training all last week and loved it. Beautiful Mall by the way! It was the first time I saw valet parking for a Mall and I'm from NY!!!!!

MonaRae

That's because you were in Buckhead--the rich part of town! I can assure you, that wouldn't happen at South Dekalb or Greenbriar Malls!:lachen: :lachen:

Bint Yusef

I want to try Phyto too, I am 100% natural. I actually have a Phyto Index 1 here, but I am thinking I need Index II.

Anybody know the big differences?

My hair is fine 3c/4a, and I want it pretty straight but not limp.

mahogany66

Serenity_Peace said:
Did you use Phyto Index I or II, since you have fine, thin hair.

I use Index II for a bone straight texture and I don't have to spend time smoothing to achieve it.

Last edited:

Malice

MonaRae said:
That just what I did. My last relaxer was Mizani (Regular - used in the back and Mild - used in the front don't ask! My hair dresser did this b/c the textures were really night and day!)

My hair just feels so strong! And as the days go by less and less hair is breaking off. I even brought a brush yesterday b/c now I feel my hair can take it!

Did I tell ya I love Phyto!
MonaRae

Thanks for responding. I just switched from no-lye to lye in Jan of this year, my first and only lye relaxer Dudley Mild, it hasn't been relaxed since. I might jump on the phyto bandwagon because by the time I take these braids out and touch-up I'll be about 20 wks post, so I'll feel pretty safe switching over. Thanks for sharing your success, also, you applied this yourself?