Another PhytoRelaxer Believer

MonaRae

Malice said:
Thanks for responding. I just switched from no-lye to lye in Jan of this year, my first and only lye relaxer Dudley Mild, it hasn't been relaxed since. I might jump on the phyto bandwagon because by the time I take these braids out and touch-up I'll be about 20 wks post, so I'll feel pretty safe switching over. Thanks for sharing your success, also, you applied this yourself?

Yes, I applied it myself. I was a bit scared (this coming from a person that has self-relaxed for over 20 year) but it was just like any other relaxer.

MonaRae

Malice

MonaRae said:
Yes, I applied it myself. I was a bit scared (this coming from a person that has self-relaxed for over 20 year) but it was just like any other relaxer.

MonaRae

Great, I'm sold. I was thinking of not going back to the salon except for when I need a touch-up, with this I might not need her at all.

Arcadian

welcome to the family! :D

I've used phyto from ear length to now being nearly armpit length. (which means since I've been here:lol: )

I've always loved what it does to my hair. I think my hair is a 4 something, and I use phyto II.

As some of the ladies here can attest, how you apply will mean the difference between getting really straight or not. With phyto you have to apply more product to get straighter results...its really not so much as how long you eventually leave it on because I've always gone over the max time by a few minutes and still don't get totally straight.

Last time though I used much more product and used way less time. I got VERY straight!

Some people find no lye to be a bit drying (I don't) so you may need to step up your DC's.

-A

SplashAtl

Serenity_Peace said:
That's because you were in Buckhead--the rich part of town! I can assure you, that wouldn't happen at South Dekalb or Greenbriar Malls!:lachen: :lachen:

They have it at Cumberland Mall now.

delp

Question:
About 4wks. ago I had phyto I applied to my thin/fine 4a/4b hair. She used only half the jar and the back was straight but the front/middle curly. I was ok with it but now I want it all straight.

Will it cause breakage if I ask her to use Phyto II and apply it all over my head?

WHat would any of you advise?

Should I wait an additional 4 weeks? i don't have any new growth at this time.

Serica (sp?) Please respond!!

Arcadian

delp said:
Question:
About 4wks. ago I had phyto I applied to my thin/fine 4a/4b hair. She used only half the jar and the back was straight but the front/middle curly. I was ok with it but now I want it all straight.

Will it cause breakage if I ask her to use Phyto II and apply it all over my head?

WHat would any of you advise?

Should I wait an additional 4 weeks? i don't have any new growth at this time.

Serica (sp?) Please respond!!

Just my opinion but I would wait it out.

Not saying you can't do a corrective, but I've heard they can be rather iffy and if not done right can leave you worse off than before you did it.

So I guess its up to you and what you really want. But I would just hold out until I had some more new growth.

-A

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I did it! I broke down and ordered Phyto Index I from Polly and Co. Yes, it's expensive, but I've done so much research on this and have heard nothing but fantastic remarks. Yes, there are some for which this relaxer doesn't work, but the positives far outweigh the negative. MonaRae, you did it! You convinced me. Now, all I have to do is wait. I will relax next Saturday, exactly 4 months post-relaxer. I'll keep ya'll posted...;)

Thanks again!!!!!!!

HHG

newflowers

MonaRae -

If you like the Phyto 9, check out Polly and Co. They have a 5 oz tube for $45 - a very cool deal when you consider the 1.7 oz tube costs just over $20.

I just placed an order from Polly because so many here have recommneded it and bought larger sizes of several of the Phyto products I like.

MonaRae

Serenity_Peace said:
I did it! I broke down and ordered Phyto Index I from Polly and Co. Yes, it's expensive, but I've done so much research on this and have heard nothing but fantastic remarks. Yes, there are some for which this relaxer doesn't work, but the positives far outweigh the negative. MonaRae, you did it! You convinced me. Now, all I have to do is wait. I will relax next Saturday, exactly 4 months post-relaxer. I'll keep ya'll posted...;)

Thanks again!!!!!!!

HHG

You're Welcome SP. From what I read Index I will give you more of a texrelax. Is that what you're looking for?

MonaRae

MonaRae

newflowers said:
MonaRae -

If you like the Phyto 9, check out Polly and Co. They have a 5 oz tube for $45 - a very cool deal when you consider the 1.7 oz tube costs just over $20.

I just placed an order from Polly because so many here have recommneded it and bought larger sizes of several of the Phyto products I like.

Thanks for the suggestion NewFlowers. Where can I find Polly and Co.?

MonaRae

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I'm skurred to use Phyto Index II because my hair is very soft and fine. I wanted to make sure that I was choosing the right one and didn't want to take the chance on getting Index II. So I'll try Index I first and see how that works for me. I'll keep ya'll posted.;)