Another question - Can i relax now

seraphinelle

I've decided that I am going to texlax my hair,

I've just taken out twists, could I do a protective treatment tonight and then relax tomorrow.

Or how long should I wait.

Schlenks

Now how long did you wear twists? Like kinky twists that you can keep in for a couple of months? Or twists you can do yourself at home weekly? A lot of folks like to wait a week or so, so that they may get some deep conditioners in there before relaxing right away. I've got a weave, and I am guilty of taking the cornrows down and putting the relaxer in the same weekend, but every head can tolerate different things.

I've decided to wait until April/May to see how it grows.

I was going to relax and then stretch anyway. So I'll just keep it natural for now.

Thank you though

seraphinelle said:
I've decided to wait until April/May to see how it grows.

I was going to relax and then stretch anyway. So I'll just keep it natural for now.

Thank you though

Your texture is looking gorgeous in your siggy pic, BTW.

For future reference, you need to wait at least 2 weeks after removing braids or twists before relaxing. :yep:

sareca said:
For future reference, you need to wait at least 2 weeks after removing braids or twists before relaxing. :yep:

Thanks girl, your twists are real nice inthat picture. Did you do those yourself? What kind of hair did you use?

Edited part: Just realized how incredibly offense that last question was, sorry. I'll just stick witih how good your twists look. Sorry

@Cheleigh,
Thank you, everytime I see your hair i'm always thinking how pretty YOUR texture is.

We interupt this broad cast to say...NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that that public service announcement is over...back to the regularly scheduled thread...

cmw45 said:
We interupt this broad cast to say...NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that that public service announcement is over...back to the regularly scheduled thread...

LOL! Cute! :lachen:

I go through these relapses every once in a while. I'm trucking along... It's hard though

*sniffles*

seraphinelle said:
Thanks girl, your twists are real nice inthat picture. Did you do those yourself? What kind of hair did you use?

Edited part: Just realized how incredibly offense that last question was, sorry. I'll just stick witih how good your twists look. Sorry

:huh: did you delete the offensive part? We can ask each other if it's real. Only people in the real world get in trouble for that. :wink2:

I didn't do it myself so I'm not sure what kind of hair she used. :( I've started redoing the ones in the back with Hey Man brand kinky twists hair. They stay and look just as good as the ones they did at the salon so I'm hoping to do the next ones myself. Twists are so much easier to maintain than braids (at least for me).
seraphinelle said:
@Cheleigh,
Thank you, everytime I see your hair i'm always thinking how pretty YOUR texture is.

Yeah sorry, that was what I was asking.

:lachen:

They look good in any case. It's the colour I like, and how neat the roots are.

Real nice

Back