Any Empire Beauty School Students Here? part deux

Fine 4s

I have a question regarding earned credits.

I was informed that I cannot earn outside credits IF the workshops/seminars etc. are outside of the time I'd normally be in class. In otherwords, if I take classes from 5-9PM M-Th, I will not receive credit for classes/seminars or workshops related to the beauty industry (or what I'd be learning in the program) attended before 5 or after 9PM F-Sun. However, in my state I am allowed 50 hours of outside credits (meaning education outside of the Empire school) provided that it is approved by my professor and the school director. I am in compliance with the latter.

Have you heard of such a policy? Any information you can share would be great!

Dommo

That's crazy. I don't go there, but my school allows us to earn outside hours whenever even if we go to the body exhibit. I'm always taking classes and shows because I miss days to make them up. I've never heard of this. Speak with the owner of your school.

charmtreese

I went to empire and graduated from there this past June. That policy is not true for VA students (we can obtain up to 72hours for outside education, seminars and such), I received credit/hours for all of the hair shows and seminars I attended. I went to 3 or 4 of the bronner brother shows and received 8 hrs a day which was like 24hrs per show.

BTW: Im taking my theory exam tomorrow!!!

Nayna

Unbothered
The Empire I go to gives credits for outside hours. I attend one in NYC. However I am a day student not night. Empire is an...interesting school and a two faced one at that. If it's a day seminar they aren't going to give you hours for that because like they said it shouldn't interfere with your schedule. Day students usually miss classes to attend seminars. But if it's on the weekend for some reason they give hours to day students even though they still wouldn't be missing classes for that. Makes no sense. They were giving hours for attending the Bronner brothers show and that's on a weekend. So I don't see why a night student should be denied hours if they attend a day seminar. Silly school.

charmtreese

Good luck to you regarding your exam :yep: Is this for the school or for the state?

Thank you, its the State Board theory exam.

The Empire I go to gives credits for outside hours. I attend one in NYC. However I am a day student not night. Empire is an...interesting school and a two faced one at that. If it's a day seminar they aren't going to give you hours for that because like they said it shouldn't interfere with your schedule. Day students usually miss classes to attend seminars. But if it's on the weekend for some reason they give hours to day students even though they still wouldn't be missing classes for that. Makes no sense. They were giving hours for attending the Bronner brothers show and that's on a weekend. So I don't see why a night student should be denied hours if they attend a day seminar. Silly school.

I thought this was only my school. I made sure I got in and out on time, they are a trip at Empire.

Fine 4s

That's crazy. I don't go there, but my school allows us to earn outside hours whenever even if we go to the body exhibit. I'm always taking classes and shows because I miss days to make them up. I've never heard of this. Speak with the owner of your school.

I'm allowed up to 50 hours in MA to earn credit 'outside' of my classes.

I went to empire and graduated from there this past June. That policy is not true for VA students (we can obtain up to 72hours for outside education, seminars and such), I received credit/hours for all of the hair shows and seminars I attended. I went to 3 or 4 of the bronner brother shows and received 8 hrs a day which was like 24hrs per show.

BTW: Im taking my theory exam tomorrow!!!

Good luck!
I called corporate and they could support the instruction I was given which was that if the seminars are not during my regular scheduled classes in the evening, I could NOT earn credit for them. So, if there is no policy restricting the time when I can earn credit, after they give me wht I earned, they could then tighten up this loophole and revamp their policy to include whatever they want.

I'm an evening student. I attended classes Sun-Tues at the BB show.
I'd hate to go back and forth on something so straight forward and deserved. I busted my butt and attended classes back to back the whole 3 days. Really I did. Can you expect anything esle from an obsessed LHCF'er?

Fine 4s

Any more information on this?

I'm thinking about challenging this policy. It puts evening students at a great disadvantage from the rest of the student body.