Any "every two week" hair washers here?

pmichael52172

Any \"every two week\" hair washers here?

I know that most of you all wash at least once a week but anyone here just "go with the flow" or wash every two weeks... hair that is /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Just curious. I've pulled waaaaay back on my hair regime and products since my cut - just going back to the days where I kept things simple. Every two weeks was one thing I've reverted to.

Allandra

Re: Any \"every two week\" hair washers here?

Girl, I wish I could wash my hair every two weeks. I have an oily scalp, and it just won't allow it. BTW, simple is good.

A

AmilLion

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
pmichael52172 said:
I know that most of you all wash at least once a week but anyone here just "go with the flow" or wash every two weeks... hair that is /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Just curious. I've pulled waaaaay back on my hair regime and products since my cut - just going back to the days where I kept things simple. Every two weeks was one thing I've reverted to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its funny, when I used to wash my hair every two weeks, it was not a problem, no adverse effects on my scalp that I noticed.

Now that I wash every 5-7 days, going any longer than 7 days, my scalp begins to itch and feel soooo DIRTY. /images/graemlins/barf.gif

serena

Nope - but I used to 'go with the flow' /images/graemlins/laugh.gif (usually every two weeks or so - sometimes longer) up to a couple months ago. These days I'm washing my hair every week (sometimes twice, depending on how it looks and feels).

I wash my hair every two weeks and it hasnt caused any problem for me. One time I tried to wash once a week alternating between washing and putting it in a bun and going to a salon to get a rollerset but this method ended up pissing me up because after taking out my bun and wrapping it my hair never got straight enough for me to be able to wear it down.

pebbles

I used to wash every two weeks also. It was not a problem for me. I used to think that too much water was not good for my hair. Several months back I started washing evey 3 days, and now I find that if I go longer than that, my hair gets dull and flat. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kamilla16

Yeah, I wash my hair once every two weeks. I love doing this, because whenever I do wash my hair it tends to puff up and then I can't really wear my hair down as much. : /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

Karima, 16

Armyqt

I wash my hair 2x per week to get the benefit of the moisture the water provides and also to deep condition. However, lately I've been too busy so I've just been doing once a week. My scalp can tell the difference, because my head itches and I have a dry patch in the front. In the warmer months, I will revert back to more frequent washing.

HippyChick

Yes, I do. My hair responds better. Besides, I spray it with a water/conditioner every two days for dryness.

JenJen2721

I used to wash my hair once every two weeks before I found this board.I thought that was normal. I have been washing my hair once every 4 days now and my hair is so much more shiny and less dry than it used to be. Washing more frequently is definitely a plus for me! /images/graemlins/up.gif

G

I wash every two weeks because I don't have time to wash my hair weekly or twice a week.

MSCHICHI

I go longer than that. I decided to keep a press and flat-iron for a while, and washing my hair less often cuts down tremendously on heat damage and manipulation. I keep my hair up in a bun, and have kept it coated with castor oil and my ends in Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil Treatment for the winter.

LondonDiva

I wash my hair now every 2 days. Wash one day, miss a day, wash the next day. When my hair is damp I put all my moisturising products in it, comb it through, secure in a pontail. Add a little more moisture to the ponytail, twist it up, put it up secure and then put my doo rag on then go to sleep. It's dry by morning, and looks smooth and sleek. It stays like that till the next hair wash.

Ebony

yes ma'am. i have no "set" routine. right now it's been every two weeks because i'm always on the run and haven't had a need to wash more often than that. my hair doesn't flake or appear dirty either, plus, i'm wearing protective styles anyway and i have no problems. as freezing cold as it is here in NYC at this time /images/graemlins/shocked.gif....no way would i wash every week! i keep my hair moisturized completely up to the time that i wash. for the majority of the year i am a two week washer /images/graemlins/grin.gif.