Washing every two weeks!!!!

Sure you can. That's about the same length of time i go between washing/conditioning treatments. I can't really explain further since unlike most of the self-sufficient ladies on the board, I don't really do my own hair. Motions shampoo and conditioners work pretty well for me, though. Hope i could help you a little bit. :look:

Sure . How many times you wash you hair is stricly a personal choice. Right now I wash every week but a few years ago I was washing every two weeks and I never had a problem, my hair was about the same length wise. There a some ladies on this board with beautiful hair that was every two weeks.

I used to wash often, cut back to every week and eventually cut back to every other week (every 2 weeks). I found that my hair required less trimming, because I didn't apply heat or stress as often and I also found that my hair was less dry.

Check out kitchen_tician's hair! She wash, conditions, and blowdries every 2 weeks!

I think that you can. I used to get my hair done every two weeks and that's when it grew to it's longest length. I think the "less manipulation" idea applies here. When I get my hair done regularly I go every two weeks and don't have to do more than moisturize it once or twice during the second week. The first week it's still moisturized and all I have to do is comb it in the morning and put on my silk scarf or bonnet at night. If I get a curly roller set, I put on my silk scarf or bonnet at night, finger comb in the morning, and go. It works for me, I like doing my own hair between touch-ups but since my hair grows so well with my stylist I'll go to the salon a little more often. The key is to get a stylist who really knows what they are doing and is into healthy hair care practices.

'Back in the day when I was young I'm not a kid anymore but some days I sit and wish I was a kid again' :lachen:
Seriously, back in my junior high and high school years, I washed my hair every two weeks and my hair grew like tweeds!! If I did not like the everyday feel of water on my scalp, I would go back to this routine.

i also have a ? for the ladies that go every 2 weeks. how do you prevent product build up? i have to oil my scalp maybe once or twice each week, and it causes nasty product build up. does anyone that oils their scalp experience that? what do you do? (no oil is not an option... i love my oils! :grin: ) btw i use sulfur 8 to oil my scalp.
TIA

I think it's fine to wash every two weeks as long as you don't have hard gels in your hair. I tend to use gel so I have to wash it out otherwise I can't comb my hair.:)

vangrey said:
i also have a ? for the ladies that go every 2 weeks. how do you prevent product build up? i have to oil my scalp maybe once or twice each week, and it causes nasty product build up. does anyone that oils their scalp experience that? what do you do? (no oil is not an option... i love my oils! :grin: ) btw i use sulfur 8 to oil my scalp.
TIA
That's what makes me wash my hair earlier than every two weeks is when I apply products to my scalp alot. For example, I usually use WGO on my scalp. If I just put WGO on my scalp that one time after a wash day, I can last for two weeks. If I keep applying it to my scalp over and over during the week, I will have to wash my hair earlier. *does that make any sense?* :lol:

I used to wash every 2 weeks, and my hair did okay, but my hair has the tendency to be dry anyway. It's easier now for me to keep up with it by doing two CO washes and one shampoo and condition a week since I air dry. I was doing rollersets back then, and wrapping. My style lasted me 2 weeks...it just got sleeker every day I wrapped it. I would "grease" my scalp with castor oil or indian hemp by ALLWAYS that one time after I took the rollers out, and that would last 2 weeks (especially since scalp oils are produced too).

After 15 years of weekly and bi-weekly washing I am now a two week washer. I never thought I could get away with doing this, but ever since I've become a mom, I just don't have the time I used to to be trying to do some hair. I actually think my hair is in better condition! It also doesn't stink like I thought it would, but I do live in Michigan, so I don't really sweat a lot. I've started using Sulphur8, the light formulation. But otherwise I only oil the bottom half of my hair so that my scalp doesn't feel so icky. I also go very light on the Sulphur8.

I also do rollersets and I wrap at night and it does get sleeker everyday. Loving two week washing!!!

I think it's really between you and your hair. What the two of you agree is the best wahing regimine for you.

Back