Any fine hairs MIXING their condish?

FluffyRed

I highly recommend this for finehairs.

Since it's so important to get the balance right, and if we try to manipulate over-proteiny or over-moisturized hair we stand to lose our delicate strands, I decided to try this.

It is really wonderful. I do a strand test afterward and my hair is in perfect condition. It stretches about 50% before snapping.

I use Redken's allsoft and realcontrol in a 1:1 ratio.
Same for dumbblond reconstructor and giovanni 50/50

These ratios would possibly change depending on the amt of protein and moisture in the condish you use, but 1:1 is a good starting point.

Does anyone else do this?

Transformer

Yep, I found it's the only combination that gives my hair strength and moisture. I don't tend to have a problem with "over moisturize" but I have a problem with not enough moisture after the use of a just protein conditioner.

sqzbly1908

Yes - I do it all the time - Keraphix/Humectress, AO GPB/AO HSR, Aphogee 2 minute/ Kenra, Humectress or AO GPB...

LaidBak

:scratchch Maybe I need to start doing this with my Ovation. I could mix Kenra with it, or something else really moisturizing. *goes off to rummage through stash*

LivingDoll

It worked! It worked!

I pre-pooed for 45 minutes with Amla Oil, then washed with CON Green. After that, I mixed a quarter size of Aphogee 2 minute Keratin Treatment with Silk Elements Olive Oil Mega Moisture to DC for 40 minutes with heat and it worked!

My hair shed about 1/2 as much as usual and the cuticles looked more sealed than they've been looking recently.

My hair looks FABULOUS today! I mean gorgeous!!!

OP, thanks so much for the suggestion. I think I've finally found the way to balance my protein and moisture. :yep:

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Yes! I find that when I mix protein and moisture conditioners together -- as opposed to applying them separately -- I get the best results. It's the only way I DC now.

LivingDoll

Yes! I find that when I mix protein and moisture conditioners together -- as opposed to applying them separately -- I get the best results. It's the only way I DC now.

I love your hair!

Do you know why this works better than just using a protein condish? It doesn't seem like it would but it does. :yep:

Shaley

After that, I mixed a quarter size of Aphogee 2 minute Keratin Treatment with Silk Elements Olive Oil Mega Moisture to DC for 40 minutes with heat and it worked!

I'm going to try this this weekend. The Aphogee Keratin mixed with my Ojon Tawaka conditioner.

Morenita

This makes sense. I haven't had much luck with making my own concoctions and I'm lazy though so I just cop out and look for stuff already pre-made this way. I got some Aveda DR and I'm hoping it will give me a good balance.

I will fight my inner PJ and stick to this one line for a month if it kills me :rolleyes:

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
I love your hair!

Do you know why this works better than just using a protein condish? It doesn't seem like it would but it does. :yep:

Thank you for the complient, sweetie. I love your hair too ... it looks so healthy.

As for your other question, I think mixing them achieves the best protein-moisture balance that is oh so important. It's far easier for me to balance them right from the start rather than applying the protein first, making my hair super duper strong but hard, then rushing to soften it up with a moisturizing conditioner. Getting it balanced right from the start has been key for me. It took me a while to learn this.

Last edited:

Shaley

I'm going to try this this weekend. The Aphogee Keratin mixed with my Ojon Tawaka conditioner.

Oooohhhhh! I am dying for the Ojon Tawaka. Let me know how it goes.

The Tawaka is a very good, moisturizing conditioner. I got the sample size of the shampoo and conditioner. I'm on the fence with the shampoo but the conditioner is a keeper, I'll be getting the full size next week.

Tried the combo yesterday and loved it. I mixed equal parts Aphogee and Tawaka and deep conditioned under the dryer for 20 minutes.

After rollersetting and styling my hair, I must say I am very pleased with the results. I will be doing this every other week if not weekly. Wish I would of thought of this sooner...

gn1g

I normally mix protein and moisture together or I just use a moisturizer.

There are a few proteins conditioners that I use without adding a moisturizer, that my hair will tolerate. Emergencia and the other is Goldwells ____ can't remember, I have to get the name of it when I go home.

youwillrise

hmmm

this might be the key for me.

i was going to start just doing both separately
on a weekly basis

but i might try mixing the two together
and see where it takes me.

thanks everyone!

MizzCoco

this never occured to me...im def tryin this tonight! I have Humecto and Joico Kpak reconstruct, and I'll post results later