Any good BSS in Jamaica Queens?

Honeytips

Hi ladies

I'll be travelling to New York for the first time next week and staying in Jamaica Queens. Are there any good (cough, cough, cheap!! :rolleyes:) BSSs in that area? I'm looking for products especially for transitioning/natural hair (so hard to find here in Australia!)
Thanks a million ladies!!

and if you go on jamaica ave it WILL be a cultural shock, just warning you. it's very "soulful" (my tongue in cheek for for GHETTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!) lol im from queens and try to avoid the damn ave. PLUS the kids went back to school!!!

i can direct you to some others...dunno if yall are driving but there's a nice store in elmont in the shopping place with western beef. i was just in there actually, got some rollers and jane carter wrap and roll foam.

oh and on merrick, 234 and merrick to be exact there's a GREAT one on the corner, next to a supermarket. the entrance is in the back though.

oh yes... you'll find PLENTY on jamaica ave between parsons blvd and about 165th st. at least 8 or so. go before two pm before school gets out (there are like 5 high schools in the area) and it gets kind of um.....yeah....ghetto. bring cash, not credit. and an authoritative tone in your voice...

:lachen: @ Barca!!!

the kids have been getting out at like 12 though!! go earllllly as you can like soon as they open.

does anyone know if they sell taliah waajid anywhere on the ave?? i know nubian heritage doesn't. they don't have squat in there actually now.

@ empressri

I didn't know they were doing that at ALL the schools now. I know van Buren and Andrew Jackson were bc they're soooo crowded. Rolling schedules...pfffsshh!

unfortunately, sometimes those little shops on the ave don't get their ish together til like 10:30-11am. oh and don't even think about going on the weekend...
and I don't know what's been going on with nubian heritage lately... they need to get it together too...lol

anyway your hair looks AMAZING. great progress! I was heartbroken when I saw u cut it at lhc.

@ empressri

I didn't know they were doing that at ALL the schools now. I know van Buren and Andrew Jackson were bc they're soooo crowded. Rolling schedules...pfffsshh!

unfortunately, sometimes those little shops on the ave don't get their ish together til like 10:30-11am. oh and don't even think about going on the weekend...
and I don't know what's been going on with nubian heritage lately... they need to get it together too...lol

anyway your hair looks AMAZING. great progress! I was heartbroken when I saw u cut it at lhc.

yeah girl, it seems like all over the boroughs. little heathens be running all around, big and small kids!!

thanks girl!! the ends needed to go! but it's growing back faster than i thought it would :grin:

Thanks a million ladies for all the replies!!! I'm going to have to check out some (hehehe...ALL) of the BSS!!!

ITA with everyone, the Ave. will be overwhemling. I suggest a BSS on Hemptsead Ave, right after crossing Springfield Blvd. going towards the Cross Island Parkway. They have lots of products.

ITA with everyone, the Ave. will be overwhemling. I suggest a BSS on Hempstead Ave, right after crossing Springfield Blvd. going towards the Cross Island Parkway. They have lots of products.

waiiiiiiiiiiit...where is that??? im in the area and can't picture it...

oh yes... you'll find PLENTY on jamaica ave between parsons blvd and about 165th st. at least 8 or so. go before two pm before school gets out (there are like 5 high schools in the area) and it gets kind of um.....yeah....ghetto. bring cash, not credit. and an authoritative tone in your voice...

You know what? You were so right and I don't know why I didn't remember this very important piece of advice!!! :perplexed Unfortunately I didn't even get to visit the BSS while I was there but we're passing through NY for one day on our way home so I'm definitely going to hit up the stores then!!!!

Back