Any Ideas on Whats Soothing?

G

I'm getting that sore new growth scalp, I was gonna warm some castor oil and massage it my scalp but I wanted to add an essential oil, something that's soothing. Any ideas?

My mom said Bergamont but I have that and the bottle says "uplifting" I don't think that's what I want.

Lavender eo makes me sleepy, maybe it's soothing to the scalp too? May give you "sleepy scalp". Hee hee /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I crack myself up.

No seriously.
Jen

With aloe vera gel added to the castor oil, you cannot go wrong, MM..... /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SherryLove

LOL @ Sleepy Scalp /images/graemlins/drunk.gif
Lavendar good suggestion..

Really?? See I never would have thought of that. About how much and how much.

Hey I have some peppermint too. I could try that without buying anything

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
JenJen2721 said:
Lavender eo makes me sleepy, maybe it's soothing to the scalp too? May give you "sleepy scalp". Hee hee /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I crack myself up.

No seriously.
Jen

[/ QUOTE ]

Lavender oil makes me sleep too! I stopped using it in the evening cause I kept missing my favorite televison shows.

Jen /images/graemlins/laugh.gif !!!

Lavendar on the scalp huh? I know it suppose to be good on your pillows for a good night sleep...ok, I am far off the subject! How about a warm water rinse?

-lee

Peppermint is very soothing/cooling and has an almost anesthetizing effect on sore scalp. Use it sparingly though.

Pallas

Hi everybody,
I've finally been prompted to make my first post... /images/graemlins/grin.gif
Tea tree oil (5 drops) mixed with a small amount of curl activator spray (soft &amp; free) works for me. Tea tree oil relieves, soothes and heals skin irritations, and the curl activator contains glycerine that deals with the dryness... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

yay, kenyana!! that wasn't so bad huh? welcome!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

does the curl activator directly on your scalp make it itch? or do you only leave it on for a short time? mine would be on fire if i put it directly on there.

adrienne

adrienne0914 said:
yay, kenyana!! that wasn't so bad huh? welcome!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif
adrienne

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks adrienne,
It wasn't that I am afraid to make posts, it's just that I'd been a member of a now defunct web haircare forum. (The B.H.C) One morning I tried to log on only to find many years of research that I and a lot of other women had gone to such lengths to aquire (recepies, web links, lists of great products and product ingredients,etc) inaccessible. That pretty much put me off web forums 4 a while.

I registered on this board recently when someone on this site posted an excerpt from some "shamboosie" book ...In it, my former moniker on the B.H.C was mentioned and a whole lot of discouraging stuff about web forums was made. I registered basically just to rant about that, then later decided it wasn't worth it. Shamboosie's obviously wrong. If web forums weren't any good why then do many influential product companies now host them on their sites?? Why are women on this site well on their way to butt length hair?? /images/graemlins/grin.gif
Yikes! That sounds like the beginnings of a rant and I promised myself not to do that. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Back 2 the topic: ahem!

adrienne0914 said:
does the curl activator directly on your scalp make it itch? or do you only leave it on for a short time? mine would be on fire if i put it directly on there.
adrienne

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I haven't had to use the "anti-itch mix" frequently (thank god!), the curl activator has never made my scalp itch at all. We all react differently to different things. If your scalp can't take the curl activator I'd suggest putting the tea tree oil in some other base that doesn't irritate your scalp coz essential oils are too strong to use alone
(Don't take my word 4 it. Do a search on the properties of tea tree oil)

Tamanu oil. This is very soothing although it doesn't feel as simulating as something like pepermint or rosemary oil. Tamanu oil is known for its soothing and healing properties. I used this on a relaxer burn and it helped a lot.

Tee, I never heard of that oil. Where'd you get it how'd you find about it.

Mindymouse said:
Tee, I never heard of that oil. Where'd you get it how'd you find about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got it from From Nature With Love. I actually heard about it here. I like experimenting with different oils so I was intrigued when someone mentioned it. I find it too heavy for my hair, but I think I'll be saving it for cuts/scrapes/burns/skin irritations. It worked wonders on my relaxer burn. It prevented that crust and hair sticking to scalp that sometimes happens where you get burned by a relaxer.

Back