Any ladies using bodiphier?

Lucia

Which ladies are using bodiphier instead of th traditional relaxer or texturizer?
I hope you don't mind me asking but the "natural" product has got me curious and I have a couple of questions.

1. Is it like a texturizer in any way?
  2. Were you relaxed or natural before trying it?
  3. How's shedding, breakage, dryness now that your'e using bodiphier?
  4. How much curl does it remove? does the hair go from kinky curly to wavy-straight or just slightly loosens the curl?
  5. Pros and cons I can't think that you know from using this product?

Thanks in advance

Hi Lucia,
I've been using the Freshlook Bodiphier for about 8-10 months and love it. No burning, irritation, breakage, or stick straight hair. It will not remove all the curl from your hair so do not expect to go from 5a to bone straight. But it will release some of the curl especially if you comb the hair straight while processing it. If you do not comb the hair it will still release some curl but not as much. Overall, it takes away frizz, leaves hair lively and shiney. Hair is easier to style whether blowing it dry or air drying. I know I sound like an advertisement, but I am really greatful for this product.

I just received my order for two packages yesterday. Each kit or jar will let me have about 2-three applications for my shoulder length hair And my sister gets one application from the same jar for her very short hair. Inside the jar/kit is shampoo, conditioner, and blow dry oil the bodiphier comes inside the jar in a ziplock bag about 2 cups worth or 1-1/2 cups. I just squese some onto a ceramic saucer and apply to new growth, leave it in for 20-30 mins with a heat cap on. I use a microwaveable heat cap (I buy this online at www.wireplanet.com/ecom/Stores_App/store.asp?Store_id=177&Shopper_ID=1817710233191817&page_id=5 ) I apply it just like a deep conditioner, but avoid my ends and old growth so as not to over process.

I had a permenent wave in my hair prior to using the bodiphier and it has done no harm on my hair. Sadly, because of the permenent wave it really dried out my hair, strips the color ( I now have red ends), and leads to breakage. So I am growing it out and trimming it off. The Bodiphied hair is strong, dark and has loads of elasticity so I predict good things for my ends in the near future as I only have about two inches of this red acid permed stuff left on my head.

Anyhow, that's another story. I do not work for the company or anything like that, I'm just glad I found this product and love to talk about it and reccomend it. I used to use regular relaxers about ten + years ago until I had a terrible experience with an outdated relaxer and had to nearly shave my head and start all over. I haven't used a relaxer since that experience as that was the LAST bad experience I promised myself I would endure. So I was natural for years then decided to try to reshape my curl by using the permenent wave - the one with the rods usually used by white people to get curly hair- Ok so it seemed like a good idea at the time. It would have worked too but for having to do the new growth and thus having to redo the entire length of hair too often and over processed my hair.

Yep, that was too much info about my hair, but I hoped I answered your questions about the bodiphier.

Oh yeah, you don't have to use their products to maintain your hair, I just use their shampoo to rinse the product out of my hair. After the first time I bought all their stuff I found it to be Ok but no great shakes. After learning from this website, I use other products for daily and weekly maintenence- like coconut and olive oil and switching between moisturizing and protein conditioners.

ravensunshine said:
Oh yeah, you don't have to use their products to maintain your hair, I just use their shampoo to rinse the product out of my hair. After the first time I bought all their stuff I found it to be Ok but no great shakes. After learning from this website, I use other products for daily and weekly maintenence- like coconut and olive oil and switching between moisturizing and protein conditioners.

Is it really all natural? And how often do you have to apply it? Do you still use it?

Hey DDHair!
Yep I'm still here, and yes, I still love the Bodiphier. As far as I know it is natural- keep in mind that chemicals are natural. For example, common household vinegar we can eat it, but put a metal object into a glass of the stuff for a few hours and it will corrode!
I have never had an adverse reaction to the Bodiphier, no breakage, burning, itching, or bad scent. I don't need gloves to apply it, nor do I need a neutralizing shampoo to rinse it out. Any shampoo will work fine. I have left it on over the reccomended amount of time with no ill effects. I still believe it's the best "natural" relaxer out there. Fast, easy, afordable with no negative effects. Now, will it make your hair bone straight- nope. But it will significantly remove the curl and frizz, and when heat styling,:grin: the hair will become as straight as you would like-including bone straight if you use a flat iron or blow dryer.
I mix it up a bit and usually wear my hair wash and go curly for a few days then wash and flat iron, or roller set for a more smoth finish.

I would love to see pics. I'm really curious abou this bodiphier and would love to hear from other people who may have used it.

Back