Any Mixologists out there? What is your conditioner combo?

bajanplums1

I have recently found that mixing products can help create a perfect hair conditioner. Anyone else out there create one conditioner out of many? This is my new fav:

I mix
* Aubrey Organics White Camellia Conditioner + John Masters Organics Avocado & Lavender Conditioner + Coconut Oil + Avocado Oil + DRC-28 (for the protein boost).

I get great results!

Prior to this I use
Aveda DR + DRC-28 but then still needed a moisturizer.

Please share your recipes!

TamedTresses

I don't normally mix 2 different conditioners together. I do add EVOO, EVCO, or honey to my conditioner. I would like to hair the responses.

:bump:

ladylina

I mix silicon mix with Ors in a pak plus a little bit of coconut oil. I love this combo been using it for a long time.

30something

I'm a mixologist.. Its usually just conditioners
Sometimes i mix based on what I think is missing. I usually record what i mix and write down the results so i can remember.

I mix Aphogee 2 minute + Silicon mix which gives the best results. Strong and moisturized.

I mix HE Long Term relationship + Silicon mix - amazing Co-washer/DC

I mix Nexxus emergencee + Nexxus Hucemtress DC for about 40 mins - great results

I mixed Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut, some coconut oil and Neutrogena recovery mask, I haven't tried it yet. Suave is moisturizing but lacks the nice soft feeling and slip, neutrogena gives great slip but lacks the moisture ... hopefully this is a match made in heaven... because then I guess I'm stuck with both :perplexed

Last edited:

jahzyira

Deep conditioner concoction
AOHSR, GPB, Abba Color protect, Shescentit Banana Brulee, Redken Color Extend Rich Defender, Biolage cera repair volumatherapy, wheatgerm oil, cupuacu butter, emu oil, castor oil....

mstar

Luxury bacon
I have a great moisturizing DC mix, I use an equal amount of each ingredient:

Komaza Olive moisture mask
Mane n Tail conditioner
Aubrey Organics HSR
GVP Conditioning Balm
Vatika Frosting

It makes the thickest, smoothest, most luscious looking DC ever! It looks just like 7-UP cake batter, and the HSR and Vatika Frosting make it smell good.

--I also make the Caramel Treatment--I use red palm oil, coconut oil, and wheat germ oil instead of EVOO.

--My standard moisturizing conditioner mix is Elucence MB, red palm oil, and raw wildflower honey. This one never lets me down.

BlaqBella

I've mixed a lot of good things..and didn't write them down.:wallbash:
But lately i've been sticking with GPB & HSR w/ raw org. honey and jojoba + e.o.'s.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
A part-time mixologist checking in::grin:

For my leave in:
Elucence MB
JBCO
Wheatgerm oil

For my co-washes:
I generally mix when I'm trying to get rid of a product, so I've mixed Pantene with Suave, I've mixed one Suave product with another Suave product....

I can't bring myself to mix my Aussie Moist (or any of my Aussie products) with anything, that must be used straight no chaser. :yep:

For poo'ing:
When I was using a poo with sulfates I would use about a teaspoon of poo with a handful of conditioner (no particular brand) then I'd wash my hair. There wasn't much lather some but not much, I felt my hair was clean and not stripped.

Since I now aggressively purchase no sulfates poo's I don't mix it with anything, I use it straight no chaser but only lather up once.

OneInAMillion

I have recently found that mixing products can help create a perfect hair conditioner. Anyone else out there create one conditioner out of many? This is my new fav:

I mix
* Aubrey Organics White Camellia Conditioner + John Masters Organics Avocado & Lavender Conditioner + Coconut Oil + Avocado Oil + DRC-28 (for the protein boost).

I get great results!

Prior to this I use
Aveda DR + DRC-28 but then still needed a moisturizer.

Please share your recipes!

I used to mix DRC-28 with many of my conditioners on days when I felt that I needed a protein boost. I have to get back to doing this!

hair4romheaven

Night before put coconut oil in hair and sleep with baggie

I use queen helene cholesterol, egg, EVOO or JBCO once a month (egg for hard protein)

QH Cholesterol, jherri rhedding protein (light natural protein), EVOO (can be used weekly
this is a GREAT mix)

Since I'm 6 weeks post I'm stepping up from the egg and purchased DRC-28 for my once a month protein treatment. I will use it alone then use QH cholesterol mixed with a little aphogee moist conditioner and a drop of EVOO or Castor oil

nakialovesshoes

Right now I have some Burt's Grapefruit & Shea DC & Giovanni Smooth As Silk mixed with a tbsp of JBCO under a plastic cap. I really was just using up the Burt's but if I have some out of the ordinary great results, I'll buy more Burt's.

adw425

DC: Lekair natural shea butter cholesterol to which I add full-fat yogurt, cream of coconut, aloe vera gel, honey, egg, molasses and kelp powders and a squirt of liquid MSM when I remember, which is hardly ever... If it comes out too thin, I add guar gum; too thick, I add rosewater.

ETA: Forgot castor oil...

Last edited:

4evershika

I usually mix my DCs... so far my top 3 are:

1. ORS Replenishing Condish & full fat, unflavored yogurt
2. AOHSR, Suave Humectant, Honey, EVOO
3. Lekair Cholesterol Plus, EVOO, Honey, 1 Egg

All of them are AWESOME mixes!

loolalooh

Maybe I'll start because I have a couple that I need to use up:

- Suave Coconut
- Curl Junkie Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix
- Cucumber Aloe Conditioner (can't remember the brand)
- Tresemme

CaliDiamond

TJ NourishSpa + Vatika oil + Baba de Caracol Treatment = ULTRA moisturizing conditioner. I use this sometimes after henna.

joytimes10

AO HSR, Giovanni Deep Moisture SAS, EVOO and Raw Honey = hair like butter, NG and all and detangling in easy! This one needs heat

Or

Kenra MC, Giovanni Deep Moisture SAS, EVOO and Raw Honey = same result. This one does not.