Any Mixologists out there? What is your conditioner combo?

bajanplums1

I have recently found that mixing products can help create a perfect hair conditioner. Anyone else out there create one conditioner out of many? This is my new fav:

I mix
* Aubrey Organics White Camellia Conditioner + John Masters Organics Avocado & Lavender Conditioner + Coconut Oil + Avocado Oil + DRC-28 (for the protein boost).

I get great results!

Prior to this I use
Aveda DR + DRC-28 but then still needed a moisturizer.

Please share your recipes!

I don't normally mix 2 different conditioners together. I do add EVOO, EVCO, or honey to my conditioner. I would like to hair the responses.

:bump:

I mix silicon mix with Ors in a pak plus a little bit of coconut oil. I love this combo been using it for a long time.

I'm a mixologist.. Its usually just conditioners
Sometimes i mix based on what I think is missing. I usually record what i mix and write down the results so i can remember.

I mix Aphogee 2 minute + Silicon mix which gives the best results. Strong and moisturized.

I mix HE Long Term relationship + Silicon mix - amazing Co-washer/DC

I mix Nexxus emergencee + Nexxus Hucemtress DC for about 40 mins - great results

I mixed Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut, some coconut oil and Neutrogena recovery mask, I haven't tried it yet. Suave is moisturizing but lacks the nice soft feeling and slip, neutrogena gives great slip but lacks the moisture ... hopefully this is a match made in heaven... because then I guess I'm stuck with both :perplexed

Last edited:
Deep conditioner concoction
AOHSR, GPB, Abba Color protect, Shescentit Banana Brulee, Redken Color Extend Rich Defender, Biolage cera repair volumatherapy, wheatgerm oil, cupuacu butter, emu oil, castor oil....

I have a great moisturizing DC mix, I use an equal amount of each ingredient:

Komaza Olive moisture mask
Mane n Tail conditioner
Aubrey Organics HSR
GVP Conditioning Balm
Vatika Frosting

It makes the thickest, smoothest, most luscious looking DC ever! It looks just like 7-UP cake batter, and the HSR and Vatika Frosting make it smell good.

--I also make the Caramel Treatment--I use red palm oil, coconut oil, and wheat germ oil instead of EVOO.

--My standard moisturizing conditioner mix is Elucence MB, red palm oil, and raw wildflower honey. This one never lets me down.

I've mixed a lot of good things..and didn't write them down.:wallbash:
But lately i've been sticking with GPB & HSR w/ raw org. honey and jojoba + e.o.'s.

A part-time mixologist checking in::grin:

For my leave in:
Elucence MB
JBCO
Wheatgerm oil

For my co-washes:
I generally mix when I'm trying to get rid of a product, so I've mixed Pantene with Suave, I've mixed one Suave product with another Suave product....

I can't bring myself to mix my Aussie Moist (or any of my Aussie products) with anything, that must be used straight no chaser. :yep:

For poo'ing:
When I was using a poo with sulfates I would use about a teaspoon of poo with a handful of conditioner (no particular brand) then I'd wash my hair. There wasn't much lather some but not much, I felt my hair was clean and not stripped.

Since I now aggressively purchase no sulfates poo's I don't mix it with anything, I use it straight no chaser but only lather up once.

I have recently found that mixing products can help create a perfect hair conditioner. Anyone else out there create one conditioner out of many? This is my new fav:

I mix
* Aubrey Organics White Camellia Conditioner + John Masters Organics Avocado & Lavender Conditioner + Coconut Oil + Avocado Oil + DRC-28 (for the protein boost).

I get great results!

Prior to this I use
Aveda DR + DRC-28 but then still needed a moisturizer.

Please share your recipes!

I used to mix DRC-28 with many of my conditioners on days when I felt that I needed a protein boost. I have to get back to doing this!

Night before put coconut oil in hair and sleep with baggie

I use queen helene cholesterol, egg, EVOO or JBCO once a month (egg for hard protein)

QH Cholesterol, jherri rhedding protein (light natural protein), EVOO (can be used weekly
this is a GREAT mix)

Since I'm 6 weeks post I'm stepping up from the egg and purchased DRC-28 for my once a month protein treatment. I will use it alone then use QH cholesterol mixed with a little aphogee moist conditioner and a drop of EVOO or Castor oil

Right now I have some Burt's Grapefruit & Shea DC & Giovanni Smooth As Silk mixed with a tbsp of JBCO under a plastic cap. I really was just using up the Burt's but if I have some out of the ordinary great results, I'll buy more Burt's.

DC: Lekair natural shea butter cholesterol to which I add full-fat yogurt, cream of coconut, aloe vera gel, honey, egg, molasses and kelp powders and a squirt of liquid MSM when I remember, which is hardly ever... If it comes out too thin, I add guar gum; too thick, I add rosewater.

ETA: Forgot castor oil...

Last edited:
I usually mix my DCs... so far my top 3 are:

1. ORS Replenishing Condish & full fat, unflavored yogurt
2. AOHSR, Suave Humectant, Honey, EVOO
3. Lekair Cholesterol Plus, EVOO, Honey, 1 Egg

All of them are AWESOME mixes!

Maybe I'll start because I have a couple that I need to use up:

- Suave Coconut
- Curl Junkie Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix
- Cucumber Aloe Conditioner (can't remember the brand)
- Tresemme

TJ NourishSpa + Vatika oil + Baba de Caracol Treatment = ULTRA moisturizing conditioner. I use this sometimes after henna.

AO HSR, Giovanni Deep Moisture SAS, EVOO and Raw Honey = hair like butter, NG and all and detangling in easy! This one needs heat

Or

Kenra MC, Giovanni Deep Moisture SAS, EVOO and Raw Honey = same result. This one does not.

Back