any naturals using Silicon Mix??

BBabe

I'm wondering the same. I bought it too, along with sedal and 10en1, but have yet to use it yet.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I used it once.

It felt fantastic when I first put it on, immediately made my hair like butter. I was sooo excited to rinse it out...

And was disappointed with the results. :perplexed

After the rinse-out, my hair just felt okay. Nothing to write home about. I wouldn't try or buy it again.

MaraWithLove

I have the silicon mix bambú DC. My hair likes it, but it likes this Dominican wheat germ DT even better, god my hair feels amazing afterwards. As for silicon mix, I've also used the rinse out conditioner and bambú leave in-hair loved it-I was relaxed at that time (a year ago). I did not like salerm21 leave in...at all!

Sent from my M860 using M860

Wanderland

I bought the silicon mix bambu and used ~4 times for dc. I wasn't crazy about the smell (Cologne-ish) It was an ok dc, but I wouldn't repurchase. Also it didn't rinse clean. But its cheap and if interested you should at least try it.

ShaG

The smell isn't great, but i use it as a DC and my curls love it. It has excellent slip, makes my curls pop and my hair feels like butter after rinsing.

leiah

I don't like to use it because of the ingredients, but it does nothing but great things to my hair so i'm not sure why it's such a big deal to me

kellistarr

I Love it. I use it as a 5-10 minute condish and detangler, use it as a leave-in, use it as a DC with indirect heat, use it as a DC using body heat (exercise, or shower cap with knit wool cap on top). Use it as an overnight (with hair in a braid and shower cap).

bride91501

This stuff is my new baby daddy. Not really, but...no, that's a lie...I'd actually marry it and have its children if I could. That's how IN LOVE I am with this DC.

I am normally very ingredient sensitive, but when a product works THIS good at moisturizing my 4b kinks **on contact**, I couldn't care less :nono:

deltagyrl

I lived by this stuff when I was relaxed. Assumed I couldn't use it while natchal.
I've missed it so....

MaraWithLove

This stuff is my new baby daddy. Not really, but...no, that's a lie...I'd actually marry it and have its children if I could. That's how IN LOVE I am with this DC.

I am normally very ingredient sensitive, but when a product works THIS good at moisturizing my 4b kinks **on contact**, I couldn't care less :nono:

Haha I hear that! Have any of you tried Wheat germ conditioning cream by Noruel laboratories? I swear it makes my hair feel soft like no other lol, and it's good for those preferring the use of ceramides/wheat protein! :)

bride91501

MaraWithLove - no I haven't.....I'm brand new to Dominican DCs, so SM is the first Dominican product I've tried.

I'm all about the ceramide oils though (wgo and sunflower are my faves) so maybe I'll give this a try too....

Last edited:

MissRissa

i use the bambu and the protein perla one as co wash conditioners. i'm not protein sensitive and they give me pretty good slip so i love them. i actually kinda like the scent of them. i like for the scent of my conditioners to last long and be really fragrant.

if i use the bambu on my daughter's hair (2b/3aish) her hair gets kinda hard.

BeautifulRoots

i use the original silicon mix and I really like it. I put it on my hair for 10 minutes with a plastic cap. It gives good slip while detangling and works well for me.

gigi2011

I've used them all but recently, I've been using Silicon Mix Bambu and for my hair it seems like a mixture of the original and perla versions. It gives me a mix of moisture and strength. But I wouldn't purchase it again too many other options out there.

keepithealthy

I've never used Silicone Mix but I want to try. I have used 10n1 and found it to be okay. It made my hair soft but nothing that I haven't gotten with other dc's. I've also used La Bomba and its okay.

Bublin

Bump for anyone interested.

I have used the Nuaat (sp?) version on my dd and her hai felt and looked amazing. Great slip for detangling and her hair smelt of it for days.
I will try it on me in a few days (secretly excited as her hair reacts the same the same as mine to products)