Any naturals wear buns?

Snuckles

Are there any natural heads preferably in the 4a/b hair range wearing buns?

I have major shrinkage and wonder how I could pull this protective style off. My hair is APL flat ironed but will shrink up above my earlobes left to it’s on devices.

Do you blow your hair dry then bun? Do you add gel to make your hair lye flat? Do you gel your entire head or just the outer portion to make your hair lye flat? Any pictures?

I’m thinking that I’ll airdry in braids then attempt to bun. I don’t normally use gel but will consider using it to make the outer perimeter hair lye down.

Thanks

I wear buns. I braid my hair up in two or four braids to stretch my hair out a bit after washing. Every night I braid in two or four and as the week progresses my hair stretches out even further which makes buns a lot easier to do. Try braiding and using some bobby pins if needed.

I have to bun my hair in the shower with conditioned soaked hair. Otherwise it will just shrink up into a poof. I could blow out but once I blow it I get too tempted to flat iron it.

Thanks for the tips ladies. I'm really tired of twisting my hair and washing every 2 weeks. I would love to give that all a break and wash my hair more often. I'm going to try this, this weekend!

I'm not sure there's a length requirement. I would think that as soon as your hair is long enough to form a bun . . . you can have it.

I kinda read through the thread above and don't think that wet bunning is for me. The post of one person saying that they used to bun wet until the middle of their hair started to break from it trying to shrink when drying was enough for me.

I'm gonna dry bun this weekend. Infact I'm going to wash Friday night, airdry in big twist overnight and attempt a bun Saturday morning. I'm thinking that I may need some gel to help the sides lay flat. We'll see.

I have to bun my hair in the shower with conditioned soaked hair. Otherwise it will just shrink up into a poof. I could blow out but once I blow it I get too tempted to flat iron it.
this is what i do.I apply my leave in and my ic fantasia gel and I'm done

I have major shrinkage and wonder how I could pull this protective style off. My hair is APL flat ironed but will shrink up above my earlobes left to it’s on devices.

Do you blow your hair dry then bun? Do you add gel to make your hair lye flat? Do you gel your entire head or just the outer portion to make your hair lye flat? Any pictures?

I’m thinking that I’ll airdry in braids then attempt to bun. I don’t normally use gel but will consider using it to make the outer perimeter hair lye down.

Thanks
When your hair gets longer, you will be able to put it in a bun without difficulty. I do not keep my hair in a bun regularly, but when I wear it in a braid-out, it usually ends in a bun (b/c I'm too lazy to do anything else, lol). Be patient and don't struggle with your hair.

I cannot recall the person's name, but I saw someone bun on fotki by stretching their hair with a roller set. Her hair was between SL and APL.

Thanks

I do sometimes. I usually gel back wet hair because it's easier to get it to stretch that way. If I'm going to do dry hair, I have to comb all the gel through. I gel my entire head though only because all of my hair isn't long enough to reach the ponytail holder yet. It makes sure that it will stay put that way. When it gets longer I'll just put a thing layer on top and around the edges. I have a picture of my bun in my fotki.

Back