Any praise dancers on the board?

Butterfly08

I have danced for years, and started 2 teams at different churches. :reddancer:

I took about a one year break but I'm back at it again, mainly doing praise and worship/prophetic. Any other PDers here? :circle:

PassionFruit

Im on the dance ministry at my church... we've recently added a prophetic ministry as a part of the worship experience...

We're currently working on a dance offering for sunrise service on Resurrection Sunday... in fact all of the ladies in the pic I posted on the Shirley Murdock thread are a part of the church's dance ministry

Ive danced off & on for years as well... been on this current ministry for 3 years

Zeal

Yep. I am.

We are dancing on Palm Sunday. To " All Hail King Jesus" or is it called, He reigns Forever"?

mz. new~new

i'm a praise dancer. i have been for at least 10 years. (i'm 22 now) i'm leader of our teenage group, "royalty", ages 11 -18. most times we wear one peice pant outfits (in white &&/or black) && overlays (purple, red, &&/or white). it depends on the dance (&& our audience) though 'cuz sometimes they just do black pants && coordinating tops.

Zeal

We have burgandy and white one piece. I will try to find a picture and we have all white. White body suits turtle neck long sleeves. With the big white flowing skirts.

We have 2 services.

On resurrection Sunday the girls are dancing in all black with different color shrugs (wings).

The women are wearing crushed velvet all different colrts. To "Where you There"?

Last edited:

Mocha5

Do wanna-bes count? :look: Recently I've really felt a longing to do so. I just typed "I'm scurred" but I quickly deleted it cause that's a lie of the enemy. So until my opening number, I'll just cheer yall on from the sidelines. :grin:

PassionFruit

What kind of uniforms do your teams wear? :drunk:

to preserve decency & order we wear certain layer clothes no matter what we have on top... white leotard, white tights, white all in one jumper.... white skirt or pallazzo pants... THEN we have several different costumes ... I havent seen the one for Resurrection Sunday ( supposed to pick it up tonight at rehearsal)... we have several different color overlays... and dresses in several colors as well...

I will try & post some pics later

This is a real topic for us lately because Ive gone to some praise dance services and seen some things and prayed some of those girls have learned to cover themselves better..afterall it IS a worship experience

Butterfly08

Do wanna-bes count? :look: Recently I've really felt a longing to do so. I just typed "I'm scurred" but I quickly deleted it cause that's a lie of the enemy. So until my opening number, I'll just cheer yall on from the sidelines. :grin:

God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind. There is nothing to fear! Join us!!!! :grin:

Butterfly08

i'm a praise dancer. i have been for at least 10 years. (i'm 22 now) i'm leader of our teenage group, "royalty", ages 11 -18. most times we wear one peice pant outfits (in white &&/or black) && overlays (purple, red, &&/or white). it depends on the dance (&& our audience) though 'cuz sometimes they just do black pants && coordinating tops.

I like the wide pants unitards. :yep: A couple of us have them in white. We also wear mid-thigh and ankle length overlays in various colors. We also have the big circle skirts in like 5 different colors.

We at one time had 15+ dancers, now we're down to 2 committed dancers and in a re-building stage (many previous dancers left and established dance ministries at their new churches). Me and the other committed dancer probably have like 10 uniforms that we collected over the years.

Butterfly08

to preserve decency & order we wear certain layer clothes no matter what we have on top... white leotard, white tights, white all in one jumper.... white skirt or pallazzo pants... THEN we have several different costumes ... I havent seen the one for Resurrection Sunday ( supposed to pick it up tonight at rehearsal)... we have several different color overlays... and dresses in several colors as well...

I will try & post some pics later

This is a real topic for us lately because Ive gone to some praise dance services and seen some things and prayed some of those girls have learned to cover themselves better..afterall it IS a worship experience

You sound exactly like us. It took us a while to get to the pants with no skirt on top, but we do that now. However, we err on the side of being extremely covered, especially when wearing white which is a tricky color to wear and still maintain some decency. I too have seen many dance teams not appropriately covered. It's distracting. :ohwell: When the men say that the dancers are not covered enough, you know something is wrong! :yep:

Still, many of us are young and want to preserve some style, so we love experimenting with uniforms. We haven't bought anything new in a couple years though. :ohwell:

DreamLife

I did praise dance for about 14 years. I haven't been in it since going to college. Now our praise dance is pretty much inactive. I also did mime for about 6 years. For mime we wore all black, the face paint, and white gloves. For dance we wore leotards and flowy skirts. There was a robe thing over the leotards for the older members.

Zeal

You know that you are a praise dancer !!!! you just spoke it! Now, hush up and dance. :lachen::lachen::lachen: I get so hyped when it is time to dance. My buddy gets real real scared before every service.

Mocha5

You know that you are a praise dancer !!!! you just spoke it! Now, hush up and dance. :lachen::lachen::lachen: I get so hyped when it is time to dance. My buddy gets real real scared before every service.

That made my day, girl! :lachen:**Hushing up and slowly backing outta this thread**