Any products you'll be using less or more of this fall/winter?

zzirvingj

Anyone here who "phases out" of "phases in" certain products in the fall/winter? Like replacing their watery leave-in for a creamy one?

If so, what products do you start/stop using on your hair when as the cooler weather approaches, and why?

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
Less
- Midweek co-washing (too cold)
- Air drying (too cold)
- Braidouts/Spirals (hats will flatten the waves/curls)
- Coconut oil (don't want it to harden or turn white in the cold)

More
+ Sitting under the hair dryer
+ Protective styles
+ JBCO (couldn't stand the scent during the summer)

foxieroxienyc

More DC's and Rollersets
Continued use of my new favorite product Silk Elements Deep Conditioner - I forgot the real name I'll post a rave later, lol.
More Up do's

Less Blowdrying and Flat-ironing. I will flat iron my roots only after a rollerset on the lowest heat setting though.

TexturedTresses

This is my first winter of hair care. From what everyone else has been saying it looks like I'll be using a lot more moisturizer.

LovelyLionessa

Less of inexpensive conditioners, not washing as frequently.

More Cantu Shea Butter leave-in cream for moisture, Lacio Lacio for rollersets, and Organix Coconut Milk serum to smooth hair.

Eisani

Less
- Midweek co-washing (too cold)
- Air drying (too cold)
- Braidouts/Spirals (hats will flatten the waves/curls)
- Coconut oil (don't want it to harden or turn white in the cold)

More
+ Sitting under the hair dryer
+ Protective styles
+ JBCO (couldn't stand the scent during the summer)
These are mine too. I'll still CW, but at night and maybe only once/wk. CoCasta Oil is my fall/winter go-to and I just restocked, and I use JBCO year-round so I'm good to go! I PS most of the time already, but WnGs are dead until next summer, or when I go on vacation in the Caribbean. I think I might have to nix the V05 for the winter as well. I don't use EVOO too regularly in my DC's during the summer, but in the winter it's a must. Jojoba too. More scalp massages! BAGGY my ends NIGHTLY (or whenever my hair isn't wet).

This is my first winter of hair care. From what everyone else has been saying it looks like I'll be using a lot more moisturizer.
:yep: I moisturize and massage my scalp twice a day when it gets cold.

Last edited:

pmichael52172

Winter weather breaks my hair off EVERY year because my hair gets VERY dry.

I will Phase Out:
Heat usage as much as possible. I'll flat iron ONLY after a wash/set

I will Phase In:
Hot oil Treatments
Humidifier Usage (It will combat the dryness in my room at night when I turn on the heat)
Using rollers (UGH!) or pin curling to avoid flat ironing in the morning

Simply_Kelz

More:
Thick heavy moisturizers. Perhaps shea butter.
DC's and rollersets.
PROTECTIVE STYLES.
Coconut oil.

Less:
Cowashing, probably none. Unless I'm airdrying.
Heat. Which is pretty much a fall thing.

Eisani

More:
Thick heavy moisturizers. Perhaps shea butter.
DC's and rollersets.
PROTECTIVE STYLES.
Coconut oil.

Less:
Cowashing, probably none. Unless I'm airdrying.
Heat. Which is pretty much a fall thing.

Hey Kelle :wave: If you're in a warm climate the coconut oil s/b cool. Just watch it if you're somewhere where it gets cold. Since coconut oil has a low melting point, it also freezes very quickly and can actually harden in your hair and make it super stiff :nono: when you step outside in cold weather. It thaws once you get inside and it warms back up but that's no fun! Just an FYI.

chebaby

i will be using a lot more hydratherma hair lotion and follicle invigorator and cocasta and coconut oil. i will continue to wear my hair up and deep condition every week.
im not sure what i will slow down on.

Simply_Kelz

Hey Kelle :wave: If you're in a warm climate the coconut oil s/b cool. Just watch it if you're somewhere where it gets cold. Since coconut oil has a low melting point, it also freezes very quickly and can actually harden in your hair and make it super stiff :nono: when you step outside in cold weather. It thaws once you get inside and it warms back up but that's no fun! Just an FYI.

Hey! I didn't even think of that .. hmm .. I'm gonna need a new sealer because it's cold already:nono: