Any Relaxed heads using black rinses lately? Recommendations please.

Smiley79

I read some previous threads but they're from like 2006 or so. I would like to apply a black rinse this weekend. Does anyone have any suggestions of some good product lines that won't negatively affect my hair. Also should I do my deep conditioning before or after applying the rinse. :drunk:Thanks.

I usually go for silken black by Textures & Tones, so I'm no real help. But the color is very vibrant and leaves my hair soft and shiney after using the conditioner.

L'Oreal Color Gems... can be found in Sally's. I use Blue Black and it comes out really black and shiney. Lasts through many shampoos and cowashes.

**warning** clarifying shampoo will strip the color

i usually use the brand KISS jet black it stains the hair really well its in a gray bottle check it out

Thanks everyone, that's alot of great choices and it seems like the prices are reasonable. I've never applied a rinse by myself...I hope I can do it well without making a mess.

I've gotten some ideas myself from this thread. I recently did a bigen (bluest black) and my hair looks kind of dull. I've been thinking about putting a rinse in to liven it up a little.

Thanks everyone, that's alot of great choices and it seems like the prices are reasonable. I've never applied a rinse by myself...I hope I can do it well without making a mess.

Just make sure that the t-shirt you wear and the towel you use are ones that you don't mind getting stained. I have a shirt and towel that I use just for this purpose. :yep:

Oh yeah, it helps to use one of those color applicator bottles.

I use Natural Instincts Midnight Black the same day I got my relaxer. It took even better and my hair just loves it!:grin: The good thing about this color is that it is fool proof.:grin: I messed up my hair plenty times with perm. color and will never use one again.:blush: If you co wash it lasts even longer.:yep:

Back